Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I tried playing this, but can't get past the first level. Not sure if there is a glitch, but no matter how fast we make those damn meals, the level ends
The first level should be a tutorial. It's with a giant meatball or something like that if I remember correctly. You have to make sure you make the dishes in order with each ingredient. The game is a blast to play with friends but I wouldn't touch it at all as a solo game.

First level is the tutorial with the meatball monster. I don't think it's possible to fail that one since you can't win it anyways 'cause of the story and the limited time.

If he's talking about the first level, like in the normal restaurant, he prolly ain't hitting ANY of the quotas, meaning that he prolly ain't cooking right in some aspects.
Ingredients must be chopped FULLY in order to go into the pots/pans.
When in the pan they must be cooked FULLY in order to be served.
Dishes need to be washed when they get soiled or else you ain't got shyt to work with.

Plus you can switch between characters using one of the top buttons, I forgot which one, but yeah, the game is borderline horrid by itself since it's tough as hell (and not as fun) trying to micromanage and switching between both characters. Hell, it's hard enough working with a full team to get shyt on point, much less by yourself. I don't know if they did it on purpose, but this game NEEDS players and Online multiplayer would help that greatly. Playing it by yourself is a disservice, almost.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
First level is the tutorial with the meatball monster. I don't think it's possible to fail that one since you can't win it anyways 'cause of the story and the limited time.

If he's talking about the first level, like in the normal restaurant, he prolly ain't hitting ANY of the quotas, meaning that he prolly ain't cooking right in some aspects.
Ingredients must be chopped FULLY in order to go into the pots/pans.
When in the pan they must be cooked FULLY in order to be served.
Dishes need to be washed when they get soiled or else you ain't got shyt to work with.

Plus you can switch between characters using one of the top buttons, I forgot which one, but yeah, the game is borderline horrid by itself since it's tough as hell (and not as fun) trying to micromanage and switching between both characters. Hell, it's hard enough working with a full team to get shyt on point, much less by yourself. I don't know if they did it on purpose, but this game NEEDS players and Online multiplayer would help that greatly. Playing it by yourself is a disservice, almost.
The game is a blast with 4 people. When we play, we run it like a real kitchen. All of us communicating efficiently and letting each other know what we are doing, what the next orders are, where we are going etc. It get's crazy on the later levels when they start moving the entire kitchen and adding random obstacles.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Zelda BOTW is a polarizing game for me. Nintendo put a lot of work into this game. The art direction and the game play are top notch. When the game is fun...it's fun. The problem is 90% of BOTW is shrine quests that are completely unnecessary and to me, most of them are boring. The main story levels are incredibly short and feel uninspired. Where are the epic temples like the famous water temples Zelda is known for? The open world is almost desolate and you fight the same 3 or 4 enemies over and over. The weapon durability is annoying as hell. You work to find these great weapons only to be able to use them a handful of times before they are completely destroyed. Why didn't Nintendo implement some kind of blacksmith system to repair broken weapons??? I'm a fan of open world games. I've sunk countless hours into oblivion,skyrim, and fallout. Zelda just feels unfinished. It's like Nintendo spent all of their time on creating shrine quests and sprinkled in 4 main levels before shipping the game. Zelda does a lot of cool things in terms of gameplay mechanics, but it falls short in too many others for me to just ignore them. You'll have people that will read this post and counter it by saying my complaints are actually what make the game good. I disagree. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm only going to beat this game because I'm so close to the end, otherwise, I wouldn't really bother. This game is grossly over rated everywhere I've seen it mentioned online. It's not garbage, but there are PLENTY of other games that run circles around Zelda in terms of fun out right now.
The focus was on exploring the world instead of dungeon crawling. Items breaking was to prevent the user growing attached to them. It worked on all fronts IMO. 2nd best game this gen next to Witcher 3.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
The game is a blast with 4 people. When we play, we run it like a real kitchen. All of us communicating efficiently and letting each other know what we are doing, what the next orders are, where we are going etc. It get's crazy on the later levels when they start moving the entire kitchen and adding random obstacles.

The game sorta forces you to assign tasks'n'shyt 'cause if everybody tries to do what they feel needs to be done in the moment at the same moment, you gonna cause chaos, like when everybody grabs a Tomato and you only need one to go in the pot and you end up having shyt out you don't need on some slapstick shyt.

Like if you got 3 folks, someone should straight up be a dishwasher and keep plates stocked next to burners so you can just dump food directly onto plates and keep it moving. You know how many times me and my bro chopped up shyt and couldn't find the bloody pots 'cause we had to go all away across the kitchen to wash a plate, put the shyt down and forgot where it was? :deadrose:

The obstacles are fun as hell and part of the challenge, especially when it separates the kitchen and you gotta plan out what you gonna do during those divided times. Man, this game is just fun as hell and it's worth it trying to figure out how to be efficient in it since me and my bro trying to get full stars on each stage as opposed to just passing. I know that mindset gonna change later on, but it's fun to try.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Zelda BOTW is a polarizing game for me. Nintendo put a lot of work into this game. The art direction and the game play are top notch. When the game is fun...it's fun. The problem is 90% of BOTW is shrine quests that are completely unnecessary and to me, most of them are boring. The main story levels are incredibly short and feel uninspired. Where are the epic temples like the famous water temples Zelda is known for? The open world is almost desolate and you fight the same 3 or 4 enemies over and over. The weapon durability is annoying as hell. You work to find these great weapons only to be able to use them a handful of times before they are completely destroyed. Why didn't Nintendo implement some kind of blacksmith system to repair broken weapons??? I'm a fan of open world games. I've sunk countless hours into oblivion,skyrim, and fallout. Zelda just feels unfinished. It's like Nintendo spent all of their time on creating shrine quests and sprinkled in 4 main levels before shipping the game. Zelda does a lot of cool things in terms of gameplay mechanics, but it falls short in too many others for me to just ignore them. You'll have people that will read this post and counter it by saying my complaints are actually what make the game good. I disagree. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm only going to beat this game because I'm so close to the end, otherwise, I wouldn't really bother. This game is grossly over rated everywhere I've seen it mentioned online. It's not garbage, but there are PLENTY of other games that run circles around Zelda in terms of fun out right now.

The focus was on exploring the world instead of dungeon crawling. Items breaking was to prevent the user growing attached to them. It worked on all fronts IMO. 2nd best game this gen next to Witcher 3.

It's funny, I don't really disagree with either of you. I know why the design decisions were made and I'm not sure if I can say they were bad, cause a lot of people seem to enjoy them but I don't know if it's more fun for me personally. I still thought it was a great game, I'm not gonna put over 100 hours into a game I'm not into, but personally I think I prefer the classic formulaic Zelda style more. But I can't hate the devs for wanting to step outside the box and try something completely new. Especially cause it's gone over so well with the majority of people who've played it.

I will say I really miss the ost. It's excellent as usual in this game (Hyrule Castle and the Final Boss Theme are up there with any previous Zelda themes for me) but it's nowhere near as pronounced cause they wanted you to feel like you were in the wild, going mostly with nature type sounds.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
How do you buy these things? I copped mine at launch on a lark and got lucky. I need to buy another one and cant find the damn system anywhere.

Whats the best way to purchase these things? I really dont want to go to Ebay.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How do you buy these things? I copped mine at launch on a lark and got lucky. I need to buy another one and cant find the damn system anywhere.

Use this.
iStockNow - Stock Tracker and Free Notifications

It's an in store stock tracker. Look up the Switch and see if there's any in stock in your area.

Mind you, it's not 100% accurate but a lot of people have found products using this website. If you see one near you, it's at least worth a call to the store

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's funny, I don't really disagree with either of you. I know why the design decisions were made and I'm not sure if I can say they were bad, cause a lot of people seem to enjoy them but I don't know if it's more fun for me personally. I still thought it was a great game, I'm not gonna put over 100 hours into a game I'm not into, but personally I think I prefer the classic formulaic Zelda style more. But I can't hate the devs for wanting to step outside the box and try something completely new. Especially cause it's gone over so well with the majority of people who've played it.

I will say I really miss the ost. It's excellent as usual in this game (Hyrule Castle and the Final Boss Theme are up there with any previous Zelda themes for me) but it's nowhere near as pronounced cause they wanted you to feel like you were in the wild, going mostly with nature type sounds.
The only moment that has felt epic to me in the entire game was seeing Ganon for the first time in his first form. The second form was entirely too predictable and the fight was so corny that I shut the system off and decided to finish it later (which I haven't yet).
I definitely miss the focus on dungeons every other Zelda had.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

The stock situation is weird as hell. Out here in VA the best buy by my house can't move them. They have like 7 sitting at the front of the store since forever.