Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y u buy a second one?
Because buying more Joycons and another Nintendo dock would be half the cost of a second system anyway. Might as well just spend the extra $150 and get a second unit at that point. One will always be portable and one will always be docked. If I mess up my screen I can just switch them out. Now I just have to wait for Nintendo to make save files transferable.

Also I used a $70 Amazon giftcard and put it on my Prime Visa.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Because buying more Joycons and another Nintendo dock would be half the cost of a second system anyway. Might as well just spend the extra $150 and get a second unit at that point. One will always be portable and one will always be docked. If I mess up my screen I can just switch them out. Now I just have to wait for Nintendo to make save files transferable.

Also I used a $70 Amazon giftcard and put it on my Prime Visa.

Is this confirmed?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yo has anybody actually tried the app and voice chat. It's very easy to use.I just used it for about 5 hours with random people. and they were all pretty chill. we had about 8 people in a private battle room, and you can invite people from your friend's list to hop in the room as well. and like it stated, you can chat with the people in the lobby until you (the host or whoever is the host, I assume the host can kick people out too, but never asked) make the match and then it's just the team chat.

also if you have about 4 people or 2 (you'll be paired with 2 others doing 2) you can do league battle and chat with your team all through out. if you get disconnected for any reason it's very easy to get back in. actually if you lag out, you'll still be in the voice chat and once the team is done with the battle you hop right back in. same thing I would assume if you went into a phone call. you'll still be in the match but the voice chat will just time out till you're done.

The part I really found interesting is the room can hold up to 10 people so we were wondering why that was if you can only do 4 vs 4 but it's for spectator mode. 2 people can watch a match and voice chat while watching the match too. you pretty watch any player play through how they view it in real time, or just watch from a bird's eye view. Which really makes me hope they add a share button to upload gameplay to youtube.

All you have to do is make the room in the lounge and send an invite to whoever has the app DLed, and they'll see the icon pop up on their switch same way you see a friend request, and they will just go to the lounge and join up. it's real easy to use. some people stayed muted as well.

The way they went about it is eh, I understand. but don't shy from it till you try it, it's not a hassle to use.

What really surprised me was how chill everyone in the chat was. :mjlol: was expecting a lot of shyt talkers.

:ohhh: me and some other dudes had a solid chat about shyt Nintendo could do better, and what they're doing right. we came to the agreement that a switch and either PS4 or Xbox is the way to go in terms of gaming combination.

But yea, that's my thoughts on the app. wasn't a bad experience at all. when we did league battle I was the only one that lagged out like 2 or 3 times because of some issue maybe on my end with my connection. but after that, it was smooth battles right up till we called it a night.

Oh, and I didn't try voice chat with salmon run, but I guess it would be the same as league battle in terms of just chatting with your 4 person squad all through out.