Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Why would they do this? They need to be focused on games
Has Nintendo ever done what "they need to do" outside of provide their flagship games?
I haven't been able to stand Nintendo since the Wii in terms of their hardware decisions. I've been very vocal about how all I wanted from Nintendo is a console that came with a NORMAL controller, and go figure, they did exactly what I expected them to do; they launched a console with a gimmicky controller first and offered a normal controller separately for $70.
There's no doubt in my mind that Nintendo is going to launch a better model of the Switch within the near future.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's what I'm talking about

He says voice chat is overrated while noting that he always turns it off

So how is it overrated if you never use it?
It is over rated, for the clear reason he stated. (bars :whew:)
I've had the headset on during matches a million times and only ONCE have I heard people actually communicating effectively about the actual game and that was on Halo.
Every other time it's people talking about random stuff with their friends, playing loud obnoxious music, yelling racist stuff, etc. Nothing to do with the actual game we are playing.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I've had the headset on during matches a million times and only ONCE have I heard people actually communicating effectively about the actual game and that was on Halo.
Every other time it's people talking about random stuff with their friends, playing loud obnoxious music, yelling racist stuff, etc. Nothing to do with the actual game we are playing.
Oh, I use it exclusively to tell people good game after I beat them in 2k, Madden or the Show

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Also...I just remembered...as far as voice chat there was another time where it worked exceptionally well and that was with Rainbow 6 Siege.
Your team can get mopped by an opposing team that communicates better than you. In that game it's incredibly important to use voice chat appropriately.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Voice chat is over rated and silly. What are you talking about? You strategizing? You makin jokes? Wanna hear other people laughing and shyt? I've always turned the shyt off, ps3, xbox...maybe I never had anything to talk about but voice was worthless to me.

I agree 100%. I hate voice chat. Used it briefly for MW 2 & 3 back when they came out and all I heard was gay and racial slurs over and over. fukk all that.

Still, it's a basic feature that's an expectation in 2017 and why Nintendo can't just make it simple and available out of the box, who the fukk knows? I always want options, even if I never intend to use them. Cause someone will

Neither. Pick up a 4 for 4 at Wendys. You'll be more satisfied and for longer.

I loved Spectre of Torment. That challenge tower took me hours to finally finish. Maybe I just suck at it

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How are you going to say it's overrated if you have never used it?

It's has never been a necessity. It's always been something cool that is possible but there isn't one game in the history of games that demands voice chat. You know how Nintendo is. If they can't utilize the fukk out of it, they just aren't going to use it.

Look at how often they use motion controls, look at how much they used the stencil and wii u gamepad on their titles. They don't just have shyt and not use it just to say they have it.

You can even argue that they hesitated for online game play. Other than smash Bros, and kart which definitely don't need voice chat. What Nintendo games are you chatting on? You want to be able to chat while you watch others play Mario Odyssey ?

I'm pretty sure call of duty for wii u has voice chat through the gamepad but it was nothing to write home about.

It's not an in demand feature at all. It's an add on that some people now feel entitled to but honestly if it were removed people would just focus more on the games. But I guess the gaming world needs trolls and online racists and people trying to gain attention for their youtube or twitch channels.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
you bring up some good points...but the thing that kills Nintendo is that in 2018, they gonna expect you to pay for all this.

How do they really expect people to pay for a service that's so convoluted? Implementing the app for voice chat (and possibly more) but with some glaring flaws on launch is just sad. It's like they didn't even bother to test it.

If they can't be bothered to streamline the experience...why try and charge for it...even if it's less than PSN/Live.

Should just keep that shyt free.