Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's has never been a necessity. It's always been something cool that is possible but there isn't one game in the history of games that demands voice chat. You know how Nintendo is. If they can't utilize the fukk out of it, they just aren't going to use it.

Look at how often they use motion controls, look at how much they used the stencil and wii u gamepad on their titles. They don't just have shyt and not use it just to say they have it.

You can even argue that they hesitated for online game play. Other than smash Bros, and kart which definitely don't need voice chat. What Nintendo games are you chatting on? You want to be able to chat while you watch others play Mario Odyssey ?

I'm pretty sure call of duty for wii u has voice chat through the gamepad but it was nothing to write home about.

It's not an in demand feature at all. It's an add on that some people now feel entitled to but honestly if it were removed people would just focus more on the games. But I guess the gaming world needs trolls and online racists and people trying to gain attention for their youtube or twitch channels.
True with the only exception I can think of on console is Rainbow 6 Siege. If your team doesn't communicate you're likely getting washed. Also, the points you bring up are exactly why I don't care about online team based multiplayer games. Too much is left up to chance. I find everyone runs around doing their own thing instead of playing like a team. I think that's why people cared more about K/D ratios than actual wins.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you bring up some good points...but the thing that kills Nintendo is that in 2018, they gonna expect you to pay for all this.

How do they really expect people to pay for a service that's so convoluted? Implementing the app for voice chat (and possibly more) but with some glaring flaws on launch is just sad. It's like they didn't even bother to test it.

If they can't be bothered to streamline the experience...why try and charge for it...even if it's less than PSN/Live.

Should just keep that shyt free.

You're not paying for voice chat. You're paying for access to play online on their servers and free virtual console games.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
they're doing p2p like everyone else.

and the app will be used more than voice chat, the details are a few pages back.

doesn't change the point that you're paying for the most convoluted of the three services for no other reason than Because it's Nintendo.

and online enabled NES (and maybe SNES in the future) games is okay I guess but not really a selling point, not when they treat the virtual console shyt to begin with...I expect 1-2 games a month, and the slow trickle they always do with it, until they eventually give up....and emulators been able to do MP since the beginning..so that new thing didn't really win me over.

I'm just saying, it's laughable they expect people to pay when they can barely get their shyt together. Infrastructure is still ass...they've have the Wii to Wii U to study and improve...they haven't yet.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Also...I just remembered...as far as voice chat there was another time where it worked exceptionally well and that was with Rainbow 6 Siege.
Your team can get mopped by an opposing team that communicates better than you. In that game it's incredibly important to use voice chat appropriately.

Voice chat was good in that PS3 game MAG with 256 players.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
This shyt kills the switch battery hella fast in handheld mode :why:

which, the splatoon 2 game? the bigger games were stated to run about 2 to 3 hours. I haven't payed attention while playing earlier. felt like I at least got 2 hours straight out of it.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
After 65+ hours and over 500 Ranked Matches (I'm at Rank 15, had to fight tooth and nail to get back there after sinking all the way back to rank 13), I'm taking a step back from ARMS to take on Splatoon 2. Let's see if it grabs me the same way.

ARMS still my favorite Switch game to date but some real balance changes need to be made in the next update. There's no coincidence nearly everyone in the higher ranks uses either Kid Cobra or Min Min and also uses Cracker and/or Hydra arms. They're near broken and it's just spam city with them.