Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is it worth getting a Switch right now? I am primarly a PC gamer. I may be able to get a Switch on Friday.
Yes

But it and enjoy. The convenience of being able to take your game with you anywhere will be a pleasant surprise, I guarantee you, even if you don't plan on taking it outside the house.

Anyway, Splatoon 2 sold 671k physical copies in Japan last week. It was on the market for 3 days. That makes it the best selling Switch game in Japan by a decent margin. Also, over a 55% attachment rate in only 3 days. That's only physical too. Digital could boost that way higher.
Switch console sales shot past 102k, so the rumors earlier were untrue, they were able to get some stock out there. Still, nowhere near enough if you saw those lines though.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Switch has sold 4.7 million units worldwide as of June 30th.

IR Information : Sales Data - Dedicated Video Game Sales Units

MK8D has sold 3.52 and Zelda 3.92 million. Also ARMS broke a million.

To put this in perspective, the Wii U sold 3.45 million its first four months and didn't budge to the four million mark till the Fall.

Still gotta wonder what the numbers would be if the a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ Switch shortages didn't happen.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Switch has sold 4.7 million units worldwide.

IR Information : Sales Data - Dedicated Video Game Sales Units

MK8D has sold 3.52 and Zelda 3.92 million. Also ARMS broke a million.

To put this in perspective, the Wii U sold 3.45 million its first four months and didn't budge to the four million mark till the Fall.

Still gotta wonder what the numbers would be if the a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ Switch shortages didn't happen.
ARMS found over a mil in just 2 weeks :myman:

Those Zelda and MK8D attach rates :whoo:

fukk third parties for not jumping on board. They could've been eating well off this but they chose to be conservative and it bit them in the ass. I'm pretty sure Disgaea 5 Switch has already outsold the PS4 version and Bomberman R is the best selling game in the franchise. So, congrats to NIS and Konami, off all companies, for believing. Also, Ubisoft who's about to feast with the Rabbids games next month

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Need Smash Bros. I know it's coming, Nintendo is not dumb enough to leave money on the table like that

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Yes

But it and enjoy. The convenience of being able to take your game with you anywhere will be a pleasant surprise, I guarantee you, even if you don't plan on taking it outside the house.

Anyway, Splatoon 2 sold 671k physical copies in Japan last week. It was on the market for 3 days. That makes it the best selling Switch game in Japan by a decent margin. Also, over a 55% attachment rate in only 3 days. That's only physical too. Digital could boost that way higher.
Switch console sales shot past 102k, so the rumors earlier were untrue, they were able to get some stock out there. Still, nowhere near enough if you saw those lines though.

Will Nintendo release another version with more memory or storage?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
My second neon Switch is shipped. Thanks Amazon for this wasted impulse buy. I didn't even know USPS delivered on Sundays

How much did it cost you off of Amazon and how much does it cost in the store?
I know the availability of these things are limited, but I need to know what the base price since I'm gonna try and cop one in America next month, hopefully.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How much did it cost you off of Amazon and how much does it cost in the store?
I know the availability of these things are limited, but I need to know what the base price since I'm gonna try and cop one in America next month, hopefully.
Retail price is $300, tack on about $25 For taxes. You're not gonna see any difference in pricing so soon after launch unless you're buying from a scalper (in which case you're likely paying well above retail)

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Retail price is $300, tack on about $25 For taxes. You're not gonna see any difference in pricing so soon after launch unless you're buying from a scalper (in which case you're likely paying well above retail)

I forgot how much my bro copped his for down here in the Caribbean but it's above that. Amazon has it for like a shade under 4 which I don't think is too bad, considering the retail price, but I'd do best to try and cop one in store in America but wasn't too sure how much it would cost. Need to get down on Mark of the wolves with my bro and jump in on this Splatoon 2 wave since I missed the first on the Wiiu.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Honestly, I think the game could've hit 1 mil in the same span if there were more Switches out there. A 55% attach rate in 3 days for a title released nearly 5 months after launch is incredible.

Will Nintendo release another version with more memory or storage?

Don't expect a revision till Holiday 18 at earliest. I just don't see it happening before then

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
Is it worth getting a Switch right now? I am primarly a PC gamer. I may be able to get a Switch on Friday.
Pc gamer as well
switch is well worth it.

Love playing it, and its easy enough to learn the party games that anyone can play with u in a matter of minutes.