Nintendo Switch Official Thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hello vita and PSP. This thing serves no purpose to anyone but diehards. Guess we got to listen to the hype for a another year till it's clear its a flop. This is just a portable Wii U. Does no one remember all the developers for the Wii U and 3DS on paper when they launched. This might sell 30 mil. What parent is going to get this monstrosity for their kid to walk around with.

Clearly we not looking at the same thing.

This is a consoles not a handheld that can be played on the big screen like the others.

A console that is portable and can be played as a handheld.

Two completely different things

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Clearly we not looking at the same thing.

This is a consoles not a handheld that can be played on the big screen like the others.

A console that is portable and can be played as a handheld.

Two completely different things
Is it a console that turns into a handheld, or a handheld that turns into a console?
Thats what Im wondering at this point in terms of the quality of the games. Am I gonna be playing DS version of Mario on the big screen or the Wii U version of mario on the go? You know what I mean?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
One take away from this reveal is that there was little to no confusion about what it is.

It was straightforward, to the point and simple for the casual market to grasp. Unlike the Wii U reveal where it was met with more questions than answers.

But that begs the question, will the casual crowd that are already settled with the PS4/XB1/PC/Mobile buy into the Switch?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
one system that plays all of nintendo's games is all i asked for and i got it in my lifetime :mjcry:what a time to be a gamer

The devices you mention do way more than just play video games. I don't think people are as interested in carrying a device dedicated to gaming everywhere they go when they already carry devices that are capable of gaming and much more on a daily basis. This isn't to say it will fail, its just something to consider.

maybe i'm in the minority but i carry my vita or 3ds in my bag when i'm going to work or on a trip. it's not a hassle at all.

If its BC I might cop

i'm sure it'll have virtual console capabilities for you to buy old games:yeshrug:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Brehs kill all this portable talk, and focus on whats important.

Splatoon 2 confirmed:blessed:

hsnwvbogg5cwc9adh3jb.png

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
I'm curious to know if this is more of a portable console, or a dockable portable.

What I'm getting at is...hardware specs. Can we expect power/graphics/memory more inline with consoles or portables?

I know that the formats continue to merge...but there's still a significant difference in gaming performance between a PS4 and say an iPad mini.

Which begs the question, will there be any difference in graphics or performance quality from console to portable?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
one system that plays all of nintendo's games is all i asked for and i got it in my lifetime :mjcry:what a time to be a gamer

maybe i'm in the minority but i carry my vita or 3ds in my bag when i'm going to work or on a trip. it's not a hassle at all.

i'm sure it'll have virtual console capabilities for you to buy old games:yeshrug:
In a separate bag when going on a trip sure, I've done the same. Not too long ago I took a PS1 with the screen attachment with me on a road trip.
I'm talking about for daily use.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Wish that controller had a proper d-pad though