The Ancient City of Brooklyn
2UhuWp5.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not sure so of this. Alot of the rumors were saying that you buy the handheld and home console portion separately.
:patrice:Thats interesting. Either way, the ability to play the same exact game on your TV and on the go using the same hardware is something I've wanted for a while now.
Its what I thought the Vita was going to be before Sony abandoned it like they will with the PSVR.

Daps
those midget detatchable wii remotes:francis:

other than that the 3rd party support looks great.... we'll see we got the same promises from the Wii U last time although last time bethesda was like:camby: from the get go but with the switch bethesda is:feedme:

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
I haven't owned a Nintendo console/product in years. I may consider this. I'll wait to see what kind of games are coming out with this and of course the price. It looks great.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd rather surf the Web, watch youtube, or the millions of other things i can do on my phone than play Zelda on the go :manny: That shyt can wait till i get home. The whole focus of that shyt was to show it's portable but there ain't no high demand for that shyt.
Sony already proved that the majority of adult gamers couldn't care less about a portable console experience. My cell phone can also fit in my pocket. This Switch can't. It's another dedicated device I'd have to carry around. If I get a Switch it would never leave the dock.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Definitely interested to see how it does sales wise. Will probably do well in Japan but not so well everywhere else. Before the reveal I said it will probably sell a bit better than the Wii U and I think that will still be the case.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sony already proved that the majority of adult gamers couldn't care less about a portable console experience. My cell phone can also fit in my pocket. This Switch can't. It's another dedicated device I'd have to carry around. If I get a Switch it would never leave the dock.
I think there's a bit of Sony Stannery in your response but what you said is very possible.
I've often wondered if traditional mobile gaming (DS / VITA) has seen a decline because:

They aren't mobile enough. Most people already carry a smartphone in there pockets and dont have the space or dont have the interest in adding more to their pockets.

Smartphones can play some decent quality games on a platform that does much more than a traditional mobile gaming platform like the VITA or DS.

It'll be interesting to see how many people actually use the portable option regularly. It's possible it'll be like you say. Once the novelty wears off people will just leave it on the dock. BUT! I like the option of being able to throw a console in a book bag and take it with me everywhere. Its larger than most handheld devices but way smaller than the other video game consoles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This ain't Japan.
The top 10 games for the month of July are as follows:

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • Overwatch
  • Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Monster Hunter: Generations
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • Minecraft
  • NBA 2K16
  • Doom 2016
  • Destiny: The Taken King
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Neither Minecraft nor Monster Hunter: Generations tallies included digital sales, so the totals are for physical copies only. The NPD Group only recently started tracking digital sales, and so not all digital delivery methods are counted as of yet. It's probably safe to assume both games would have landed higher on the list had their digital sales counted.
This was in July of this year in the US. Either way saying "this ain't Japan" isn't how they see it. They have to a WW audience. The US isn't the center of the world.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
No touch screen or stylus support? Damn.

iPad Pro gaming >>>

Still copping a Switch for Zelda and Mario tho but I doubt the battery life can match my iPad.