Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So whatever grumblings I heard about it were prolly 'cause of the price, then?
Will cop...but at 85 dollars? Got damn and I'm sure Nintendo products don't get discounted at Black Friday/Christmas, right?
You got a screen protector/protective case on yours?
I think a Screen protector of some sort would be ideal since I've heard stories about the screen getting scratched in the dock'n'shyt
41TOqnIYmwL.jpg
This might have to suffice until like Christmas when they got more games out physically/digitally 'cause I can't justify spending 85 dollars to crush my bro and everyone else in Puyo Tetris and maybe muck about in Breath of the wild a bit.
For me, the standard joycon grip that comes with the system is much, much better for Puyo Puyo Tetris than the Pro Controller. Pro Controller D Pad is shockingly booty. The split button D Pad works really well (for me at least) for Puyo Puyo Tetris. No mistaken inputs

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
MK8D is bullshyt at 200cc. There's no way to win. It's red shell after red shell and then blue shell when you're number 1. I got so frustrated with that shyt....goddamn :whew:

I just play it as a multiplayer game now. I'm bringing it on a trip to play with friends, but that's about it.

Zelda....meh. I'm sick and tired of the fukking shrines. The game isn't as good as the critics say. It's a lifeless, boring world (especially compared to The Witcher 3). :manny:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MK8D is bullshyt at 200cc. There's no way to win. It's red shell after red shell and then blue shell when you're number 1. I got so frustrated with that shyt....goddamn :whew:

I just play it as a multiplayer game now. I'm bringing it on a trip to play with friends, but that's about it.

Zelda....meh. I'm sick and tired of the fukking shrines. The game isn't as good as the critics say. It's a lifeless, boring world (especially compared to The Witcher 3). :manny:
:picard:

I won't lie...initially I was gonna say this was my GOTY. But after sinking more hours into it, I agree with your assessment.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I feel the same exact way and have said it before. The game doesn't suck, but it is GROSSLY over rated.
Outside of the 4 beasts, which aren't even really temples, all there is to do is wander aimlessly doing shrines and looking for seeds.
The Nintendo / Zelda bias has been in full effect with the reviews of how "incredible" the game is overall.
It definitely has a lot going for it in the way of game mechanics but if you make the world so uninteresting then what is the point.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
With Zelda, I was really bored and uninterested at first but I really got into it like 20 hrs in or so and started to have a lot of fun. Then I got fatigued around the 100 hr mark and put it down. 100 hrs is a lot for me for a single player game. It's definitely a great game but it has it flaws. For instance, I understand why the weapon durability is there but I think the game would just flat out be more fun with unbreakable weapons and unlimited inventory. At least the second one. If I'm gonna have weapons break all the time, at least give me the chance to hold as many weapons as I want. I do think the scale and scope of the game is incredibly impressive. I put 100 hrs im but can go on YouTube and find videos of people doing all types of shyt I never did and solving puzzles completely differently than I did. Probably my favorite thing about the game. A lot of the puzzles have multiple solutions. There's no exact way to solve them and that's cool. The world is a very overwhelming though and I feel it would benefit from a bit of direction.

It's tough for me to say it's not a great game just cause it didn't exactly blow my mind. My favorite Switch game so far is easily ARMS buy I'm not gonna sit here and say that game is 10/10 GOTY. I know it has its problems and won't click with everybody.

Anyway, grey Switch in stock at Amazon for Prime members
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHP2ZK/81-521-20/

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I need to finish Zelda cuz I'm reaching the point now where I don't really care about completing it and that's never really a good sign for me with past games I've felt that way with.

I definitely can't put this above OoT

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BOTW >> OoT

Both games are overrated and the franchise is overrated in general. But BOTW had more legs. The world was worth exploring and was fun. The durability system made your trips feel like journeys you had to be prepared for. And the game managed to be somewhat challenging unlike the others.

I remember my grandma rented OOt and megaman 64 (megaman legends) for me at blockbuster one summer. Ran thru megaman quick, game was fire. :win:

Oot was a drag...messed around and quit at the water level and didn't re-rent it to finish. Most Zelda games get boring 75% thru. Twilight princess and BOTW are the only Zeldas that kept me entertained through completion.

Misnch cap, oot, MM, alttp all got dropped around midway.

Only people that consider OoT a goat game irl are whiteboys:mjlol: And would it kill these dudes to switch it up on the final boss fight? Is it me or do you fight an easy ass pig gannon on a horse at the end of every 3D zelda?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
BOTW >> OoT

Both games are overrated and the franchise is overrated in general. But BOTW had more legs. The world was worth exploring and was fun. The durability system made your trips feel like journeys you had to be prepared for. And the game managed to be somewhat challenging unlike the others.

I remember my grandma rented OOt and megaman 64 (megaman legends) for me at blockbuster one summer. Ran thru megaman quick, game was fire. :win:

Oot was a drag...messed around and quit at the water level and didn't re-rent it to finish. Most Zelda games get boring 75% thru. Twilight princess and BOTW are the only Zeldas that kept me entertained through completion.

Misnch cap, oot, MM, alttp all got dropped around midway.

Only people that consider OoT a goat game irl are whiteboys:mjlol: And would it kill these dudes to switch it up on the final boss fight? Is it me or do you fight an easy ass pig gannon on a horse at the end of every 3D zelda?

That's the thing. The game really only changed in the sense of it being completely open and there is a lot of little details in the game that are great to come by. A lot of Zelda's worlds have been like this world, just smaller. BOTW has just had the best game play to date. I still really love WW thou. I'm 205 hours into BOTW and it's still keeping me coming back. I played through Wind Waker twice. Played TP a little after completion, and played OOT a little after beating it, just to get that long blade that breaks from what I remember.

The Ganon fight was just like any other Ganon fight, just a lot more flashier and fun to look at.