Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
http://gizmodo.com/the-nes30-pro-is-the-perfect-portable-controller-for-th-1796068741

Works as a bluetooth controller for many other products too. $43 on Amazon :ehh:

irqndwvt2jyp0yrcwfgs.jpg

ofyyuwsqbuyuz9e1mudt.jpg

this controller is trash. Its stiff and there was significant lag for me. Returned it ultimately.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't think anybody really "won". I don't think E3 is all that relevant anymore. Especially for Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo makes big announcements all the time through Directs and Sony has positioned PSX as just as much if not a bigger event than their E3 conferences.
E3 is a dinosaur. In the internet social media age game announcements happen all the time and stuff companies develop leaks all the time. Even stuff like Metroid Prime 4 was talked about before E3 so it was hardly a surprise. That's a part of the reason people find E3 so underwhelming now. They're used to games being announced year round.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Bestbuy has a few switch games on sale that stack with GCU.
I'm going today to get a price adjustment on puyo puyo tetris.
Bought it on the 1st and now it's $10 less.
Might pick up The Binding Of Isaac for the Switch while I'm there.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Bro came through with a switch and I got to muck around with it for a few.
Those Joycon controllers feel weird as hell for a minute and it's odd that my fingers are pressing/mashing into the shoulder buttons despite the fact that they ain't registering for obvious reasons. Puyo Puyo Tetris is more fun than I thought it would be even though I gotta get used to Puyo Puyo since I try and play it too much like Puzzle Fighter. :lolbron:

What's the general consensus on the Pro controllers? If I'm not mistaken some folk on here was like "Don't buy that shyt", but I'd want to think that's 'cause of the insane price they at right now.:hhh:

I plan on getting a case for my Bro's but any of y'all copped any useful/must have accessories for the shyt? I'm seeing some little plastic controller pad shyts you can slip the joycons in so you got some semblance of a controller that I plan on copping, plus I'm going through screen protectors to see which ones genuine and which ones trash.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Bro came through with a switch and I got to muck around with it for a few.
Those Joycon controllers feel weird as hell for a minute and it's odd that my fingers are pressing/mashing into the shoulder buttons despite the fact that they ain't registering for obvious reasons. Puyo Puyo Tetris is more fun than I thought it would be even though I gotta get used to Puyo Puyo since I try and play it too much like Puzzle Fighter. :lolbron:

What's the general consensus on the Pro controllers? If I'm not mistaken some folk on here was like "Don't buy that shyt", but I'd want to think that's 'cause of the insane price they at right now.:hhh:

I plan on getting a case for my Bro's but any of y'all copped any useful/must have accessories for the shyt? I'm seeing some little plastic controller pad shyts you can slip the joycons in so you got some semblance of a controller that I plan on copping, plus I'm going through screen protectors to see which ones genuine and which ones trash.
Pro controller is a must.
Using one joy con for multiplayer games is a joke.
This post reminded me that I have to move my Switch to a more isolated and closer area.
From my normal gaming position/distance the pro controller and the joycons develop input lag and sometimes become completely unresponsive.
Nintendo really dropped the ball as far as that goes.
I had my left joycon out for repair and it still doesn't work anywhere near as well as the controllers on all of my other consoles.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Pro controller is a must.
Using one joy con for multiplayer games is a joke.
This post reminded me that I have to move my Switch to a more isolated and closer area.
From my normal gaming position/distance the pro controller and the joycons develop input lag and sometimes become completely unresponsive.
Nintendo really dropped the ball as far as that goes.
I had my left joycon out for repair and it still doesn't work anywhere near as well as the controllers on all of my other consoles.

So whatever grumblings I heard about it were prolly 'cause of the price, then?
Will cop...but at 85 dollars? Got damn and I'm sure Nintendo products don't get discounted at Black Friday/Christmas, right?
You got a screen protector/protective case on yours?
I think a Screen protector of some sort would be ideal since I've heard stories about the screen getting scratched in the dock'n'shyt
41TOqnIYmwL.jpg
This might have to suffice until like Christmas when they got more games out physically/digitally 'cause I can't justify spending 85 dollars to crush my bro and everyone else in Puyo Tetris and maybe muck about in Breath of the wild a bit.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So whatever grumblings I heard about it were prolly 'cause of the price, then?
Will cop...but at 85 dollars? Got damn and I'm sure Nintendo products don't get discounted at Black Friday/Christmas, right?
You got a screen protector/protective case on yours?
I think a Screen protector of some sort would be ideal since I've heard stories about the screen getting scratched in the dock'n'shyt
41TOqnIYmwL.jpg
This might have to suffice until like Christmas when they got more games out physically/digitally 'cause I can't justify spending 85 dollars to crush my bro and everyone else in Puyo Tetris and maybe muck about in Breath of the wild a bit.
My biggest complaint is definitely the price of the controllers.
The joycons separately are a joke. Together in one of the holders is bearable but not as good as the pro controller.
I don't have a screen protector on mine and have not even bothered to be extra careful with it either.
I almost drop it into the dock. No scratches at all yet.
I did buy a travel case that holds the switch with the joycons attached and 8 games though.
Nintendo products rarely go on sale. Coincidentally bestbuy is running a sale right now on a few switch games.
You might luck out with walmart. They have a tendency to mark down items they can't move in stores. This varies from store to store though and it's not something you should bank on.
Just try to get in the habit of doing a lap around the electronics department of walmart every time you go. Most of them have a dedicated area where they stash their hard to sell items with significant mark downs. I just found out my local bestbuy has a little corner with marked down items as well.

Right now I have Zelda, Arms, NBA Playgrounds, Mario Kart 8, Fast RMX, Metal Slug, and Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'll most likely pick up the binding of isaac this week at best buy since it's on sale and I have $25 in store credit from my GCU points.