Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just throwing it out there but you CAN go straight to Ganon if you want.
I know. I was trying to experience the whole world and then beat it, like I do with all open world games. I hate to say it, but the world is dead compared to something like Witcher 3 or Skyrim. shyt just became more of a hassle than fun. I'll get back to it though

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
Should I cop Cave Story +? Whats the gameplay like?

Game's a lot of fun, it's a 2d side scroller shooter with some rpg elements, for example you can level up your weapons to level 3 though it goes down with every hit you take. It's not that long, but there's a hard mode & I believe two other modes you unlock, I'm not too certain on that part.

It's suppose to be getting a co-op update sometime this year.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
There's an island towards the Southeast corner of the map (I think that's where it is). If you can get there, it's a cool challenge. It can be a little frustrating but you'll feel :wow: when you beat it cause you cannot brute force it.

I don't know what he's really done in the game, but I'm thinking he can't even make it to the island. I think there's a raft he can take, if he has a leaf. I flew to it thou.

I must know, is there a stylus I can use on the switch screen without scratching it? I'm seeing some good art in the splatoon 2 lobby. I did enjoy drawing in splatoon 1 with the gamepad in the miiverse. Especially for splatfests. I would like to do it again in Splatoon 2.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm like halfway through Zelda and am getting fatigued. I think I'm going to take a break.

going to start this Xenogears.

That's where I'm at too. I'm like half-way through too and shyt is just fukking boring. "Go to this shrine, go to that one...blah blah blah." Nah I'm good. I'll probably come back to it, just to say I've beaten it, but right now it's put aside for other games.

If your only halfway through you're not even at the climax (no homo, :dame:)

After you defeat all four Devine beasts and obtain the master sword then decide if it's worth getting all the shrines and other quests or skipping and going to Ganon.

The game is literally a choose your own ending and you're not choosing. Of course it's going to get boring.

For every 30 shrines you beat, defeat one Devine beast then you'll have all 120 and can fight Ganon at full strength. Or just beat ganon and decide whether it's worth it to go back and play through. Theres no excuse for just setting the game down and walking away especially when you can go fight the main boss at anytime.

There are different incentives to keep playing, leveling up your outfits, getting money to buy whatever or obtaining special Parts from enemies....etc. You don't 'haven' to do anything but you need to find out on your own what is fun for you and what you want to do.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If your only halfway through you're not even at the climax (no homo, :dame:)

After you defeat all four Devine beasts and obtain the master sword then decide if it's worth getting all the shrines and other quests or skipping and going to Ganon.

The game is literally a choose your own ending and you're not choosing. Of course it's going to get boring.

For every 30 shrines you beat, defeat one Devine beast then you'll have all 120 and can fight Ganon at full strength. Or just beat ganon and decide whether it's worth it to go back and play through. Theres no excuse for just setting the game down and walking away especially when you can go fight the main boss at anytime.

There are different incentives to keep playing, leveling up your outfits, getting money to buy whatever or obtaining special Parts from enemies....etc. You don't 'haven' to do anything but you need to find out on your own what is fun for you and what you want to do.
The problem is the back bone of the story portion of the game is the divine beasts and none of those moments feel epic. They give a million random shrines and seeds to find but 4 "real" levels to complete that amount to giving you 4 powers you don't need to defeat anyone. Zelda games were about the need to beat one place to gain a certain weapon or tool that would bring you ever so closer to being able to defeat the next area. Making Zelda completely open world hurt the experience imo.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
For me, the standard joycon grip that comes with the system is much, much better for Puyo Puyo Tetris than the Pro Controller. Pro Controller D Pad is shockingly booty. The split button D Pad works really well (for me at least) for Puyo Puyo Tetris. No mistaken inputs

I ain't had more than 20 minutes with the Joycons that one time me and my bro mucked about in the Puyo Puyo demo but I overshot my target a few times and dropped Tetris pieces in bad places a few times, but I was more getting used to holding the control and having my right palm mash into the shoulder buttons on the side, but I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

Plus there are different control schemes in the options setting that I should fukk with and see if it gives me that classic feel like I'm used to from the DS Tetris version. Truth be told, I'd prolly rock with the Joycons in that plastic holster for quite a bit 'cause the price of that controller is just straight :scusthov: right now, especially since there isn't enough shyt out for me to personally cop one when I get a system. Would prolly need it for Splatoon 2, but still, I think that price will have me making do with the Joycons for a hot minute.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Y'all my nikkas

But I'm not feeling sniperclips :snoop: I should have bought Zelda dlc instead I'm going to try to get my money's worth

Coli rarely steers me wrong

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Y'all my nikkas

But I'm not feeling sniperclips :snoop: I should have bought Zelda dlc instead I'm going to try to get my money's worth

Coli rarely steers me wrong
You playing with your girl or your kid? Cause it's useless in single player.
I don't know. I liked it a lot. I'm a big fan of puzzle games though

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don't like to double dip cause I bought Implosion on iOS before but I just found out that all the micro transactions are free and available on the Switch version. This has made the game a MUST COP for me.