Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They ain't fail with the psp.

On the vita though you could kinda do the exact same shyt. Playing ps4 games on the go was cool for like a week then it was :camby: status. That shyt ain't cool when you got smartphones and shyt.
There's a big difference here. The Vita used remote play and it wasn't even enough buttons to play the games. This is literally a console that doubles as a handheld.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If it takes off, they might look into it.

PSTV was a nice step in the right direction, Sony just didn't wanna support the vita in general.

I think I'm one of the few who bought the PSTV :russ:
How would they look into it? You think the Scorpio and the PS4 Pro will suddenly be shrunk down to handheld size? Microsoft and Sony have already played their hand.

This isn't like motion controls where an attachment can be released for a current system to incorporate this stuff. The whole system is designed around this concept.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's a big difference here. The Vita used remote play and it wasn't even enough buttons to play the games. This is literally a console that doubles as a handheld.
I have a PSTV and a Vita. Though they aren't the same exact device you can yank the memory card out of one and plug it into the other and it's the same exact experience on the TV and on the go.

The PSTV was selling for $20 at retailers in a fire sale because it flopped. Sony's core audience isn't really interested in portable gaming which is why the Vita failed outside Japan.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I'm really curious about how the market will respond to this. We've always heard how mobile gaming is now dominated by smartphones and tablets. With the Switch, we're going to find out just how true that statement is.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Yeah but the portable concept is the same. That shyt ain't fun in the smartphone era.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
How would they look into it? You think the Scorpio and the PS4 Pro will suddenly be shrunk down to handheld size? Microsoft and Sony have already played their hand.

This isn't like motion controls where an attachment can be released for a current system to incorporate this stuff. The whole system is designed around this concept.

:yeshrug:
they could very well release another incarnation of the system that incorporates traits of the Switch.

I'm just saying it isn't totally out the of the question if the switch becomes a success.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
This actually looks dope:leon:

And some of the companies that they got on board are interesting

We finally can get our console pokemon game :wow:

Lets see that price and the launch lineup and nintendo may finally get their W this gen

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a PSTV and a Vita. Though they aren't the same exact device you can yank the memory card out of one and plug it into the other and it's the same exact experience on the TV and on the go.

The PSTV was selling for $20 at retailers in a fire sale because it flopped. Sony's core audience isn't really interested in portable gaming which is why the Vita failed outside Japan.
You're missing my point.

The PS Vita is it's own platform with it's own games.

The Switch is one platform, you play Zelda at home, you can play it at work. You buy one thing.

The PS4/Vita thing was streaming most PS4 games to a handheld.

The PSTV flopped because the Vita flopped and it came out after the fact.

How is that like the Switch which will be an entire system that works in portable mode without yanking things out?