Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:yeshrug:
they could very well release another incarnation of the system that incorporates traits of the Switch.

I'm just saying it isn't totally out the of the question if the switch becomes a success.
Sony has two generations in a row of failed portable hardware under their belt. You really think they're up for a third? Microsoft and Sony chase the same crowd. You think it Sony can't make portable gaming a success for them Microsoft will decide to give it a go.

As an adult gamer when I'm out of the house I'm working or doing something else. I don't have time to pack in a dedicated portable gaming device and play it. I game at home and that's about it. My 3DS and PS Vita only get played at home even. For me If I could play 3DS games on my TV I wouldn't even own the portable and I only own a Vita because it came out before the PSTV.

What I'm getting at is for many of us adults we're good gaming on our TVs and the portable part is unnecessary. Nintendo chases a different market. The family and kids market. They can use that portability.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but the portable concept is the same. That shyt ain't fun in the smartphone era.
I'd rather play Zelda on this than to play some crappy Marvel game on a phone. if it's inexpensive then the market that wants a new console from Nintendo willl be on board in addition to the handheld market. Regarless, it's optional. It's still a Nintendo system.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really curious about how the market will respond to this. We've always heard how mobile gaming is now dominated by smartphones and tablets. With the Switch, we're going to find out just how true that statement is.

With Pokemon and Monster Hunter this will easily outsell the Wii U very fast.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Sony has two generations in a row of failed portable hardware under their belt. You really think they're up for a third? Microsoft and Sony chase the same crowd. You think it Sony can't make portable gaming a success for them Microsoft will decide to give it a go.

As an adult gamer when I'm out of the house I'm working or doing something else. I don't have time to pack in a dedicated portable gaming device and play it. I game at home and that's about it. My 3DS and PS Vita only get played at home even. For me If I could play 3DS games on my TV I wouldn't even own the portable and I only own a Vita because it came out before the PSTV.

What I'm getting at is for many of us adults we're good gaming on our TVs and the portable part is unnecessary. Nintendo chases a different market. The family and kids market. They can use that portability.

If Sony think it's viable (if even only in Japan), they could go another round in the portables market.

I'm not even saying they will, I'm just saying it isn't out of the realm, if this takes off.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'd rather play Zelda on this than to play some crappy Marvel game on a phone. if it's inexpensive then the market that wants a new console from Nintendo willl be on board in addition to the handheld market. Regarless, it's optional. It's still a Nintendo system.
I'd rather surf the Web, watch youtube, or the millions of other things i can do on my phone than play Zelda on the go :manny: That shyt can wait till i get home. The whole focus of that shyt was to show it's portable but there ain't no high demand for that shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather surf the Web, watch youtube, or the millions of other things i can do on my phone than play Zelda on the go :manny: That shyt can wait till i get home. The whole focus of that shyt was to show it's portable but there ain't no high demand for that shyt.
Monster hunter 3DS sales says otherwise.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Switch is one platform, you play Zelda at home, you can play it at work. You buy one thing.

Not sure so of this. Alot of the rumors were saying that you buy the handheld and home console portion separately.

I can't imagine having 1 package come with the console dock, the handheld screen, AND the pro controller. That's going to be $399+ easily. Those small LCD screens aren't cheap to make. If it's just the console dock and the pro controller then that's $299 (desirable price point). I'm just assuming/guessing.

Last edited:

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
partners.png

PARTNER UP, BREHS