Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What isn't coming out? FIFA is coming out. NBA2K is coming out. Which makes me think WWE2K is a possibility also or a different wrestling game. If FIFA does well which it will then maybe Madden?

What else is there? If you are a big Call of Duty player and shyt then maybe but other than that who cares. I don't play COD so I couldn't give a fukk. Is there something I'm missing? That wack ass Mass Effect unfinished mess that was just released? :mjlol:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True might get for my bday but im just worried after the wii u

I mean the big hitters are coming this year and the one after but after that i doubt we will get another mario zelda and metroid for a long ass time

I still haven't bought a Switch. I'm maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad skeptical. After the failure of the Wii U I'm just not sure I'd want to buy another failed Nintendo console. I just have to wait for the first year to be over to be able to accurately gauge its success.

Year 1 seems amazing so far:

Breath of the Wild (one of the greatest games ever made)
Mario Odyssey (so far looks amazing and could surpass Mario 64)
Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Kart Deluxe
Pokken Tournament
Fire Emblem Warriors

So far so good....but what about Year 2? Year 3? Will the momentum die off? I bought a Wii U around the time it gained momentum and there was alot of hype around Smash Bros., Splatoon, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 2, etc. Then suddenly it just died off after that.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wow. Nintendo now worth more than Sony. Proof they won E3.

Today (23rd of June, 2017) on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Nintendo has now hit a Market Cap of ¥5.45T(~$49B), compared to Sony Corp with a market cap of ¥5.40T(~$48.5B)

DC_JG6sUQAEMkq0.jpg

DC_JHveUIAAn5u9.jpg

Some Trivia:
- Earlier in June when Nintendo hit the ¥5T ($45.2B) Market Cap, that was the first time in eight years and five months.
- It is now one of the top 15 companies by Market Cap on the Tokyo Stock Exchange ahead of companies like the Mizuho Financial Group and Nissan Motors.
- Nintendo's market cap once reached 10 trillion yen in 2007 amid the initial success of the Wii console, only to later sink back to 1 trillion yen.
Source for all the above trivia: http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Equit...p-hits-5tn-yen
Last time Nintendo valued more than Sony was last year's Pokémon Go craze. That lasted only a day. - Takashi Mochizuki
- I could not find a historical market cap for Sony but their highest(?) peak in share price was ¥31,000 on March 3rd, 2000. (I can't find how many outstanding shares they had at that time.)
- Not related to Market Cap but Nintendo has between 5,000-6,000 employees while Sony has 146,300.
Apple, Alphabet and Microsoft are still giants in comparison with Apple having almost $800 billion in Market Capitalization.
- neogay​

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I still haven't bought a Switch. I'm maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad skeptical. After the failure of the Wii U I'm just not sure I'd want to buy another failed Nintendo console. I just have to wait for the first year to be over to be able to accurately gauge its success.

Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Kart Deluxe
Pokken Tournament
Fire Emblem Warriors

So far so good....but what about Year 2? Year 3? Will the momentum die off? I bought a Wii U around the time it gained momentum and there was alot of hype around Smash Bros., Splatoon, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 2, etc. Then suddenly it just died off after that.
You're right to be cautious

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yeah paper weight despite having the best showing at e3..
The games it has and already announced are more impressive than consoles that have been out for years
No they are not

And my biggest issue with Nintendo is right now that you have to really like every 1st party game they put out or you will be longing for more because of the 3rd party situation

I'm not a Zelda guy and Arms doesn't appeal to me so that means I'm playing Mario Kart until Splatoon drops and I will play that until Mario

That's only 3 games in 6 months and 1 is a port of a game I had on WiiU

And this is what @PikaDaDon is voicing as well

You also can't expect people to be excited by inferior ports either... in sitting like :dahell: is @youngben excited about Skyrim for when a superior cheaper version currently exist

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they are not

And my biggest issue with Nintendo is right now that you have to really like every 1st party game they put out or you will be longing for more because of the 3rd party situation

I'm not a Zelda guy and Arms doesn't appeal to me so that means I'm playing Mario Kart until Splatoon drops and I will play that until Mario

You also can't expect people to be excited by inferior ports either... in sitting like :dahell: is @youngben excited about Skyrim for when a superior cheaper version currently exist

Splatoon 2
Arms
Mario Kart Deluxe
Pokken Tournament
Fire Emblem Warriors

The way I see it. These latest Nintendo systems work best as support for your main system of choice.If you want great 3rd party titles, you have your PS4/XBox/Ps4 systems for that. Nintendo covers your Mario/Zelda/Smash .etc needs because you won't find these titles on those aforementioned platforms, obviously.

Personally, I have gamed a lot on PS4(my main), but I still get those Nintendo itches that I can't scratch by not owning one of their systems. I felt like I missed out on a lot of fun by not copping a Wii/Wii-U years ago despite having more than enough on my plate with the PS side of things. That's why I decided to get a Switch.

and there's always gonna be downtimes with consoles. PS4 had a rough first year, and while the beginning of this year saw some great exclusives, the rest of the year looks kind of barren IMO, with all of the more interesting titles coming out in 2018. Year 3 for Switch will yield Metroid and Pokemon as far as we know now. Pokemon on console will be HUGE no doubt.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Is it possible to find a Nintendo Switch without paying close to $400? Amazon third party sellers have bought them all and most stores are always sold out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they are not

I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is it possible to find a Nintendo Switch without paying close to $400? Amazon third party sellers have bought them all and most stores are always sold out.
Keep up on istocknow.com
That tracks in store stock of popular items. If you see some on stock at a store near you, make a call or just go for it. It's not 100% but it's helped a lot of people out. There's been more stock recently too
You will not find this online for retail price for a very long time

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have some patience and you'll eventually find one in stores. $299 is already high as it is for a Switch so paying more is ridiculous.

Been reading and was told by an employee that Best Buy will be stocking Switches on Sunday, so try that

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
No they are not

If you have more than 1 console than this really shouldn't even be an issue for you. regardless of how you put it, Nintendo is putting out games for this system whether they appeal to you or not just like other systems are as well. You have a PS4, so that should satisfy your 3rd party support and PS exclusives while Nintendo does that as well.

I don't see why you would be desperate for a console to drop multiplats if you have one that's doing so already.

they also have from what I see Metroid Pokemon SMT FE and possibly Smash for 2018 as well as the Yoshi and Kirby (you're not a fan of those either) but Nintendo isn't trying to make this like Wii U. Wii U's first 2 years was TRASH simple as. Still not saying you shouldn't be cautious, ive recommended to everyone that year end is the best time if you're actually able to find one, but comparing it to Wii U is silly at this point.

I don't even think I knew the Wii U was out its first year.