Nintendo Switch Official Thread

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
The dock won't scratch your switch. I won't lie, I have a barely visible scratch unless you see under some strong sunlight or strong light in the house. but I'm certain the dock didn't do it, because its horizontal and not vertical.

it's not on the display part, it's on the top left corner of the black outer part of the screen. I just put it under light again, and legit can't see it at all anymore. no screen protector. If you're that concerned, just check to make sure your dock is not bent due to shipping, and maybe put a piece of paper in there so that the 2 guards don't rub against it, which I doubt will happen. they should have put a sock on the guards just to ease people a little more.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still haven't docked this :wow:

Itll never scratch homie. People are literally taking keys to the screen trying to intentionally scratch it and because the screen literally will not scratch they penetrate the screen by punching it with a screwdriver or the keys which is asinine but proves the point. You're not going to scratch the switch by simply docking and undocking which is a key design element of the entire machine.

Scratching the switch during docking and undocking would be like your car door or trunk scratching/chipping paint whenever you close it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Itll never scratch homie. People are literally taking keys to the screen trying to intentionally scratch it and because the screen literally will not scratch they penetrate the screen by punching it with a screwdriver or the keys which is asinine but proves the point. You're not going to scratch the switch by simply docking and undocking which is a key design element of the entire machine.

Scratching the switch during docking and undocking would be like your car door or trunk scratching/chipping paint whenever you close it.
the screen is plastic keys will likely scratch it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:dwillhuh:

I appreciate the insight but I'm not worried about scratching it. I've just never docked it because I keep playing it in handheld mode :whoa:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Metroid Prime 4 will be a first person shooter (not the biggest fan of that even thou I played the first one I believe was on the early days of gamecube)

And pokemon will be a traditional search for, fight, and train pokemon. I imagine amiibo support gonna be mad heavy with this one.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I appreciate the insight but I'm not worried about scratching it. I've just never docked it because I keep playing it in handheld mode :whoa:
Zelda looks nice on a TV with motion smoothing. That shyt makes it looks like it's running at 60fps and there's no perceptible input lag to me with my TV.