Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Im not chastising you. Look at it from nintendos perspective, hell even Sony and Microsoft don't intend for you to have multiple consoles in the same house, its a benefit that they allow you to do that. The switch is a portable system, they didnt build it with the intention of 1 user having multiple switches or using them in-tandem (one strictly for tv/at home usage and one for off tv/outside the house usage).

There are reasons that a person would need to have their data on more than one unit, i.e a work unit/home unit or for people with more than one home, the ps4/xbox isnt designed for you to carry and go so that added luxury or ease of convenience makes sense. With nintendo all isn't lost. if your original wii breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If your wii u breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If you switch breaks and you downloaded games or have saves you can get them back.

I understand the saves should be able to be copied from profile to profile (i dont want people playing my zelda save) but for people that have multiple switches in one house it wasnt designed for you to access anywhere as it is a portable (personal) system.

ive downloaded games back on to the wii after resyncing a nintendo profile, and back to the wii u after i got it back from nintendo. There is a video youtube who got his switch back and when he clicked on zelda he had an option of downloading save from the cloud, he did and his save was back. So all these false fires about being fukked when you lose/trade/upgrade/break your system are false.
It's digital data. On a 3DS you can handle your own save data. That device is from the same company and came out in 2011.

Also that cloud post was proven false on Neogaf. Nintendo physically moves the data when you send the Switch in.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's digital data. On a 3DS you can handle your own save data. That device is from the same company and came out in 2011.

Also that cloud post was proven false on Neogaf. Nintendo physically moves the data when you send the Switch in.

Your nintendo id/device id is linked to your nintendo acct which allows you to access the eshop. You can go to Nintendo Game Store - Official Site - Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U Video Games right now and buy a game off of the eshop without turning your switch on and it will download to the device based on your logins assuming you have everything set up. If you switch gets lost or stolen, or needs replaced. You can contact nintendo and with the device id of your new switch/wii u you can redownload any purchases. As far as I know thats a one time process much like the wii to wii u system transfer.

As far as the saves :francis:. The switch does say its explicitly tied to the console.Im not going to look further into the cloud data storage thing, if nintendo manually moved it over..then it can be done that way then. I dont know why they would use a cloud icon and require a download unless that entire story is :duck:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't see why we can't back up our data on an SD card or through USB. It's weird. Not sure that can be added in an update but that needs to happen.
I want a second switch as strictly a portable and I can't do that till I get save transfers

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't see why we can't back up our data on an SD card or through USB. It's weird. Not sure that can be added in an update but that needs to happen.
I want a second switch as strictly a portable and I can't do that till I get save transfers
I have the same problem. I want a second one to always be docked.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Your saves are on the cloud. If your switch breaks or you lose it. You can call Nintendo and they can migrate your saves.

People don't want that though. They want to be able to have 5 switches and not worry about where they saved what and where, which is silly on their part. You can't have 2 iPhones simultaneously receiving texts messages and logging your calls and data. Just choose one device and use it :manny: it's not what people want to hear but it is what it is.
Thats misinformation

If they can access your switch memory, they upload it for you

If your shyts too fukked up, your screwed

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Im not chastising you. Look at it from nintendos perspective, hell even Sony and Microsoft don't intend for you to have multiple consoles in the same house, its a benefit that they allow you to do that. The switch is a portable system, they didnt build it with the intention of 1 user having multiple switches or using them in-tandem (one strictly for tv/at home usage and one for off tv/outside the house usage).

There are reasons that a person would need to have their data on more than one unit, i.e a work unit/home unit or for people with more than one home, the ps4/xbox isnt designed for you to carry and go so that added luxury or ease of convenience makes sense. With nintendo all isn't lost. if your original wii breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If your wii u breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If you switch breaks and you downloaded games or have saves you can get them back.

I understand the saves should be able to be copied from profile to profile (i dont want people playing my zelda save) but for people that have multiple switches in one house it wasnt designed for you to access anywhere as it is a portable (personal) system.

ive downloaded games back on to the wii after resyncing a nintendo profile, and back to the wii u after i got it back from nintendo. There is a video youtube who got his switch back and when he clicked on zelda he had an option of downloading save from the cloud, he did and his save was back. So all these false fires about being fukked when you lose/trade/upgrade/break your system are false.
Like i said thats when the tech can actually access the memory. If your shyts too fukked up or stolen you are screwed

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

fukk a neogaf I learned this shyt by reading people's testimonials on reddit whenever they got screwed

I forgot all about it untili read that article where reggie showing he gives no fukks

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
might buy a switch, got a few question

1. is it possible to make 2 profiles that will have different saves for each game (heard u cant have multiple saves on zelda, so i want to ensure i can make 2 profiles, 1 for my brother).

2. im buying zelda and a screen protector, anything else worth picking up (No games atm, i'll pre order odyssey though)

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials

1. is it possible to make 2 profiles that will have different saves for each game (heard u cant have multiple saves on zelda, so i want to ensure i can make 2 profiles, 1 for my brother).

2. im buying zelda and a screen protector, anything else worth picking up (No games atm, i'll pre order odyssey though)

1. Yea I don't know what the max amount of profiles are but it works that way. Saves ties to profiles.

2.Zelda is the truth and I've been using the screen protecter that's made by nintendo. A little plastic cheap joint but I've had no issues with it. If u plan on playing on the go alot you'll need a separate charger for the unit.

Rell Shyt

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
1. Yea I don't know what the max amount of profiles are but it works that way. Saves ties to profiles.

2.Zelda is the truth and I've been using the screen protecter that's made by nintendo. A little plastic cheap joint but I've had no issues with it. If u plan on playing on the go alot you'll need a separate charger for the unit.

Rell Shyt
thanks for the post breh

i ordered it, shyt was in stock 3 hours ago but i snagged the last one

online tho... gotta wait until thursday :pacspit:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yeah, each profile has independent saves. Max is 8.
As for what to buy, if you plan at taking this outside at all, pick up a case.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Mario kart 8 deluxe