Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Same.
Typical Nintendo shyt, one step forward, ten steps back.:francis:
Friend codes and smartphones to use for a half baked voice chat system is why I don't take Nintendo serious in the online space.
I enjoy the switch thoroughly, but don't have the slightest interest in using it for online multiplayer.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I enjoy the switch thoroughly

This is what baffles me. They've done a really good job with the Switch only to turn around and make this terrible decision(If this is inline with what Nintendo has planned officially).
It sucks for all who are actually interested in their online multiplayer offerings.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

k4LMP9P_d.jpg

Apparently, you'll need to plug the headset to both your phone and Nintendo Switch in order to hear both player voice chat and game audio. Note that this is made by Hori, so this is a third-party peripheral.

Now that that's out of the way, if Nintendo's official solution for voice chat is anything similar to this...What The fukk?:martin:

My iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack. Cancel this.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't see why you can't plug a headset into the Switch. Is the Wifi chip not able to process enough data to do voice chat?
I have no clue. I have a feeling that Nintendo will treat the Switch the same way they treat the DS, meaning that I'm expecting them to release different models with added functionality that will make the OG switch obsolete or inconvenient to use.
(Side note: I still can't stand Nintendo's fascination with these odd ball controllers and control schemes. All I wanted was a REGULAR CONTROLLER but they try their hardest to force these joy cons on everyone.)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a great idea. i often have my phone right next to me when gaming so having to have this headset(which looks gorgeous btw) connected to the Switch AND my smart phone is revolutionary. I can multi task while my Switch is dedicated to offering smooth online play and my phone doubles as the headset/microphone thus saving me from pulling out a "bulky gamer headset", said no one.

Nintendo be on some backwards shyt. I fully expect the Switch 2 to use mini UMD discs.

I will retain further judgement until E3 to see official details on there. The Vita had built in voice chat for crying out loud.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

k4LMP9P_d.jpg

Apparently, you'll need to plug the headset to both your phone and Nintendo Switch in order to hear both player voice chat and game audio. Note that this is made by Hori, so this is a third-party peripheral.

Now that that's out of the way, if Nintendo's official solution for voice chat is anything similar to this...What The fukk?:martin:

Like, why even have online if it's gonna be this complicated, especially for something that's been perfected nearly 20 years ago? :dahell:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

k4LMP9P_d.jpg

Patch it up
Patch it up
Patch it up
Patch it up
Patch it up
Patch it up

siruw.gif

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

k4LMP9P_d.jpg

:laff: :laff:
I haven't hated on the voice chat through the phone yet stuff but this peripheral is pure :scust:
Granted, it is 3rd party so I'm hoping that it's only a 3rd party add on and nothing more but I'm not holding my breath :francis:
They're still out of their fukking mind charging for their booty online though.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is a great idea. i often have my phone right next to me when gaming so having to have this headset(which looks gorgeous btw) connected to the Switch AND my smart phone is revolutionary. I can multi task while my Switch is dedicated to offering smooth online play and my phone doubles as the headset/microphone thus saving me from pulling out a "bulky gamer headset", said no one.

Nintendo be on some backwards shyt. I fully expect the Switch 2 to use mini UMD discs.

I will retain further judgement until E3 to see official details on there. The Vita had built in voice chat for crying out loud.
The Nitendo DS (not 3DS, the original that came out in 2004) had a built in mic that supported voice chat. It's just that almost no one knew cause it was only used in like 5 games