Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man Nintendo is gonna have to get this online shyt figured out. I'm fine with using this system for Nintendo exclusives only (and maybe a few games I'd rather play portable sometimes like 2K) but there's no way I could pay to play online when you can't even message friends properly. There's so much potential with this system. I thought they'd move away from this friend code shyt eventually when I bought the 3DS at launch. 6 years later and it seems like they haven't figured it out yet. They shouldn't be struggling with this stuff in this era of gaming.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This is what i have, its the biggest you can take on a plane,

I have this one. It's a bit overkill for one person, but otherwise it has served me and my family very well. Gets a positive charge while playing Zelda too.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Man Nintendo is gonna have to get this online shyt figured out. I'm fine with using this system for Nintendo exclusives only (and maybe a few games I'd rather play portable sometimes like 2K) but there's no way I could pay to play online when you can't even message friends properly. There's so much potential with this system. I thought they'd move away from this friend code shyt eventually when I bought the 3DS at launch. 6 years later and it seems like they haven't figured it out yet. They shouldn't be struggling with this stuff in this era of gaming.

For something that's gonna now be a paid sub, they'll have to. Miiverse and video chat was alright on the Wii U. But seems like the whole online service could be a lot better.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They haven't rolled out the real online service yet. That's not until fall. We're supposed to be getting a free trial in the summer but it doesn't look promising so far lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They haven't rolled out the real online service yet. That's not until fall. We're supposed to be getting a free trial in the summer but it doesn't look promising so far lol
Nah, this IS the free trial. It started day 1 and it'll last until Fall. i guess you mean the paid app.

C2BvEjtUkAAz0AQ.jpg

C2BvR_8UcAEoxdA.jpg

C2BvkYRUAAIzxES.jpg

Nintendo Switch online service – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah, this IS the free trial. It started day 1 and it'll last until Fall. i guess you mean the paid app.

C2BvEjtUkAAz0AQ.jpg

C2BvR_8UcAEoxdA.jpg

C2BvkYRUAAIzxES.jpg

Nintendo Switch online service – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat
A trial version of the phone app, which is a huge part of the online service as it allows for voice chat and setting up match making with friends, doesn't release till summer. We can't really judge until we see that app, which I hope is announced and dropped at E3

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I will say Arms seems to be the best online Nintendo experience ever. The lobbies had an amazing interface. You could see how the other matches were going live without going full spectator, like you could see the timer and you could see everybody's health and how much they were losing, etc.
I hope that's what we can expect from Nintendo games from now on but they've shown absolutely nothing to think this was any thing more than an exception to the rule.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Anybody copping the mini dock?
I hadn't heard of a mini dock until I saw your post. Did my googles and saw a bunch of 3rd party links. Is that what you're talking about, or did you see an official one?
The ones I saw require you to gut your official dock to put it into a smaller enclosure. Its a dope concept but I'm not tearing apart my official dock.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I hadn't heard of a mini dock until I saw your post. Did my googles and saw a bunch of 3rd party links. Is that what you're talking about, or did you see an official one?
The ones I saw require you to gut your official dock to put it into a smaller enclosure. Its a dope concept but I'm not tearing apart my official dock.

I've taken apart consoles and fixed them before this shouldn't take me more than 5 minutes.
If I fukk up I'll just copy a new dock