Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Whats teek ko
Tee KO is one of the games included in Jackbox Party Pack 3. I could explain it but the concept sounds pretty stupid when you say it/read it. It's more something you need to play. Something like a family BBQ like I was at is the perfect setting

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Do the joycons charge when theyre connected to the docked tablet and the console is in sleep mode?

yeah. You can check their charge in the controller menu from the homescreen. Also use that menu to configure them anytime you run into issues with them registering properly for games.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How the fukk am I getting blurry textures that pop in after a few seconds on a fukking SD card? shyt makes no sense. I shoulda bought digitally. Oh well :manny:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Thinking about coppin an extra pair of joycons to use for 4 player games and to make sure I have a pair while my left one is out for repair. I don't think I'll buy four pro controllers but I could see myself getting 2 pro controllers and having 2 pairs of joycons with the holders to have a decent 4 player set up.

I bought an extra set of joycons, but on further reflection, I'm thinking that I should've gone with a pro-controller instead.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
STILL havent seen a Switch out in the wild.

:sad:
Best Buy had a lot on Friday when Mario Kart came out. I would have bought a 2nd one of saves were transferable and just have one always docked and one always portable but Nintendo doesn't allow saves to move.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Power went out due to a storm. Plunged in darkness. But... I have a 20,000 mah portable battery charger and a fully charged Nintendo Switch cause I was playing Mario Kart docked on my TV. Now if I want to continue playing it would have to be tabletop or handheld. Man this thing is versatile when you need it the most. So glad it ain't like some iOS or Android games that require you to be connected to a network. In that aspect alone the Switch is better than playing games on your phone.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So Nintendo has finally realized that a lot of people wanna buy their shyt but can't find a Switch, so they've been flying them out to met demand faster.

Nintendo Shipped Switch Consoles by Plane to Quickly Meet High Demand

TOKYO— Nintendo Co. NTDOY 5.62% said it used aircraft to ship its new Switch videogame machine in its first month on the market, an unusual and costly logistics measure responding to unexpectedly high demand.

Earlier, Nintendo said it shipped 2.74 million units of the Switch in the month after it went on sale March 3, up from an initial plan of two million.

“We carried some of the Switches by plane in March to serve our customers more promptly,”
a company spokesman said. He said Nintendo switched back in April to less-expensive sea freight to replenish store shelves.

Nintendo didn’t say where the planes were used, but analysts and others briefed on the logistics said the flights took Switch machines to the U.S. and Europe from factories in China.

Ace Research Institute analyst Hideki Yasuda said further use of air freight was possible because the item remains hard to find at retailers globally. “Air is a big profit-squeezer because it could cost additional ¥5,000 per unit,” or about $45, he said.

Waseda Business School professor Atsushi Osanai said it was worth the price to get the product off to a good start.

“It is important that companies sell as many units as possible, as quickly as possible, while customer interest is high,” he said. The initial months are critical for a game machine, because strong hardware sales drive interest from software creators, and a wealth of software titles in turn generates interest in the hardware.

I know it's still early but I've seen this movie before, back in 2007.:lupe:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They should have been in stock at bestbuy and toys r us for the mk8 release
Local walmart had one. Local bestbuy had about 7 of them on a display table as soon as you walk in. Employees said they had been sitting there for a week.
I'm still disappointed that my Switch came with a faulty left joycon. I thought Nintendo said they had fixed it moving forward. I must have got one of the last ones out of the bad batch. Hopefully this turnaround is fast. Sending mine out for repair on my lunchbreak today.