Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
MK8D is putting in work, fastest selling game in the series history in the US alone.:wow:

Nintendo News: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch is the Fastest-Selling Mario Kart Game in Franchise History

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With more than 459,000 combined packaged and digital sales in the U.S. on launch day alone (April 28), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch system is the fastest-selling game in the long-running Mario Kart series. The previous record holder for the highest first-day sales in the franchise was Mario Kart Wii, with U.S. sales of approximately 433,900 when it launched in 2008. The solid sales numbers for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe equate to an attach rate of 45 percent – meaning nearly one in two Nintendo Switch owners in the U.S. purchased a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the first day it was available. To date, more than 2.7 million Nintendo Switch systems have been sold globally.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has also received more perfect review scores than any other Mario Kart game ever. With a current Metacritic score of 93, the critically acclaimed title is the highest-rated game in the series in 15 years – tying the overall review score of Mario Kart: Super Circuit for Game Boy Advance.

To continue this strong momentum into the summer, a series of great games will launch for Nintendo Switch over the next few months, including Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (May 11), Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (May 26), ARMS (June 16) and Splatoon 2 (July 21).

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
MK8D is putting in work, fastest selling game in the series history in the US alone.:wow:

Nintendo News: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch is the Fastest-Selling Mario Kart Game in Franchise History

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With more than 459,000 combined packaged and digital sales in the U.S. on launch day alone (April 28), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch system is the fastest-selling game in the long-running Mario Kart series. The previous record holder for the highest first-day sales in the franchise was Mario Kart Wii, with U.S. sales of approximately 433,900 when it launched in 2008. The solid sales numbers for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe equate to an attach rate of 45 percent – meaning nearly one in two Nintendo Switch owners in the U.S. purchased a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the first day it was available. To date, more than 2.7 million Nintendo Switch systems have been sold globally.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has also received more perfect review scores than any other Mario Kart game ever. With a current Metacritic score of 93, the critically acclaimed title is the highest-rated game in the series in 15 years – tying the overall review score of Mario Kart: Super Circuit for Game Boy Advance.

To continue this strong momentum into the summer, a series of great games will launch for Nintendo Switch over the next few months, including Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (May 11), Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (May 26), ARMS (June 16) and Splatoon 2 (July 21).
The US doesn't matter though. Word to @Rekkapryde and @Fatboi1 :sas2:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The US doesn't matter though. Word to @Rekkapryde and @Fatboi1 :sas2:
incredulous.gif

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamestop had some in Stock when I bought mario kart physical yesterday

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Did folks who pre-ordered through amazon receive a 20% discount? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be $47.99 for us, but I payed $60. I just contacted them via email asking about it.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Haven't copped MK8D yet but i'm a little disappointed with the Switch so far. My wife wanted me to cop for the kids but right now it feels like a waste of money. At least they love MK, that was the only thing that got burn on the WiiU other than some occasional Splatoon.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
so we can all agree nintendo back in the game... microsoft and sony have the graphics.. but nintendo have the games :blessed:
Nintendo has the best first party games always. I have more Wii U games than PS4 or X1 games (full disclosure, I mostly buy games on PC, if given the option).

Zelda looks amazing. Sure, it doesn't look as good as Witcher 3 from a technical standpoint, but the graphics are great. Nintendo knows art style. Zelda: BOTW will still look good 10 years from now, just like the SNES games still look good today.

Nintendo is back :blessed: