Nintendo Switch Official Thread

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
$100 is steep, but it's so worth it. I have big hands, I can't be fooling around with those little ass joy-cons. It's better on the go (I can't stand the grip...it should have been wider). I only dock my switch and play like that. I can't imagine playing 2 player MK8D with just one joy con. It'd be impossible for me. I use the pro controller and let my gf and friends play with the grip.

yeah, joycon by itself is a challenge, even for puyo. I was playing with my co worker, and she was managing, but all she keep saying is that they're so small. MK8D would probably be damn near impossible I would assume, but haven't tried yet.

Have not seen one bad review for the pro controller yet. And even saw a dude picking up MK8D with the pro controller too like he knew it had to be done no matter what. I'll def get it eventually. So many people shat on its price but damn, they just selling out like hotcakes out here.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mario Kart has consistently sold high in all Nintendo platforms even on the Wii U. It has a pretty good chance of outselling BOTW on the Switch.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"If people wanted MK8 why wouldn't they just buy a Wii U????"

Nintendo knew what they were doing.

They about to sell gangbusters again.

Zelda
MK8
Spla2oon
Mario Oddysey
Smash
Pokémon

MK8D JUST came out though. How is this possible?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Haven't had the switch for 24 hours yet. Left joycon works when it wants too when the switch is docked. Called Nintendo. I have to ship them the left joycon. They said it could be up to 3 weeks until I get it back. :francis:

Complain about the wait and they'll push your turnaround time up

And when I balked at her quote of a two-week turnaround time (that's a long time without Zelda!), she immediately offered to check with a supervisor, who OK'd overnight shipping for my Joy-Con repair. Nintendo even sent me a free shipping label.

Last Wednesday, I shipped my Joy-Con to Nintendo. On Friday morning, I got an email confirming they'd received the shipment, and another on Friday afternoon to let me know the Joy-Con was on its way. This Monday, my original Joy-Con was back (same serial number, same internals) and working perfectly.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Haven't had the switch for 24 hours yet. Left joycon works when it wants too when the switch is docked. Called Nintendo. I have to ship them the left joycon. They said it could be up to 3 weeks until I get it back. :francis:
Unfortunately, the left joycon problem is decently common. It was a manufacturing fukk up. I dont think it will take as long to get fixed as they said.
Even more reason to get that pro controller though

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Trying to dwnload this update i keep getting the error unable to communicate with the server :lupe: are they currently having problems?

The updates were automatic for me no problems, think the only one I did manually was the day one update, which was done in no time. You still having trouble with it?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nah had to undock it then it dwnloaded

ah, alright, cool.

edit: one thing you'll probably hate for sure is when it goes into sleep mode and come back, the wifi will have to take a second to come back on.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yea i noticed...question...how the hell do u turn the console off?

hold the power button. then hit the power options for restart or shut off. Think I read the pro controller can shut it off too, but don't know if that's true.