Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Really hope the eGPU rumor is true. Would be a cool feature -- like the N64 Expansion pak on steroids. You could potentially have Switch games looking as good as PS4 Pro games.
The specs I posted earlier of the external dev unit was more powerful than the ps4 pro

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
hopefully, the emulator for this system comes out later this year for PC.
switch games on the pc :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
true.

either way, hopefully, we can run pirated games on the switch system. it's a waste spending 80 bucks for a memory card that contains data lol
If the Switch gets cracked it could end up like the PSP. Not good at all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the psp did not die because of piracy. if anything, piracy made it better.
The PSP itself sold a lot of units. Software sales weren't good enough to justify developers making games on it so it ended up dying off.

How else do you explain it selling over 70 million units (more than the 3DS has currently sold) and struggling to get any real software?
Piracy SOLD the PSP when it got hacked.
You understand that people buying the PSP to pirate games is what ultimately did it in right? The goal is to sell hardware so that you can sell software not just to sell hardware.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The PSP itself sold a lot of units. Software sales weren't good enough to justify developers making games on it so it ended up dying off.

How else do you explain it selling over 70 million units (more than the 3DS has currently sold) and struggling to get any real software?

You understand that people buying the PSP to pirate games is what ultimately did it in right? The goal is to sell hardware so that you can sell software not just to sell hardware.
Nothing did it in. PSP wasn't discontinued until 9 years after release and 2 years after its successor the Vita released. It just got old. There was a ton of games for it too. PSP had it's own exclusive versions of God of War, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Killzone, Wipeout and Metal Gear, Final Fantasy Spinoffs like Crisis Core and Dissidia, cool remakes like Mega Man Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins. Of course can't forget the series that moved a ton of those PSP units, Monster Hunter.

I don't see how anyone can say that the PSP didn't have any great software. That system got a ton of support. The Vita is the one that struggled to get any support outside of Japan and zero from Sony

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Bluetooth headsets confirmed to work even when docked.

In addition to working in portable mode, the wired 3.5mm jack on the switch console itself will also still work while docked.

TV output will only work with the official Nintendo Dock, you wont be able to use just any USB-C to HDMI adapter.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/27...ort-3-5mm-jack

- tidbits from a French interview with Nintendo's Yoshiaki Koizumi...

Original French Source:
http://www.melty.fr/switch-audio-vid...u-a590536.html

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I guess im simply not a part od switches demogrpahic.

But i was always under the impression that most nintendo console owners were casual gamers, basically the LA Fitness/24 Hour of gaming.... Whereas Xbox and Playstation would be the Golds Gym equivalent.

Still cant get over the fact that theres no web browsing on a device that is essentially a touch screen tablet with mobile gaming capabiltiies. Perhaps its me with the misguided misunderstanding and yearns.

Oh well... Theyre just preferences. We'll see how this turns out for Nintendo.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Nothing did it in. PSP wasn't discontinued until 9 years after release and 2 years after its successor the Vita released. It just got old. There was a ton of games for it too. PSP had it's own exclusive versions of God of War, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Killzone, Wipeout and Metal Gear, Final Fantasy Spinoffs like Crisis Core and Dissidia, cool remakes like Mega Man Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins. Of course can't forget the series that moved a ton of those PSP units, Monster Hunter.

I don't see how anyone can say that the PSP didn't have any great software. That system got a ton of support. The Vita is the one that struggled to get any support outside of Japan and zero from Sony
PSP was greatness. I sat on mine on accident tho...

Broke my iphone 5s by sitting on it once too.

Got damn I hope I don't sit on Switch.