Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Xenoblade isn't second party it's first party. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. I wasn't all that happy when Nintendo bought them but it ended up working out with the Xenoblade series. I don't think Xenosaga did that that well for Bandai Namco especially when they cut the 6 parts down to 3 so they said screw it and sold them.
You're absolutely right but they are also listed as 2nd party on some sites. *shrugs*

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Nintendo's UK page letting us know how demos are downloaded.

free Splatoon 2 Global Testfire demo event starting on March 24th at 19:00 GMT! There will be six sessions over the weekend, each an hour long (well, 59 minutes, really) so you can enjoy a maximum of 6 hours of 4-on-4 online Turf War action in Splatoon 2 (well, 5 hours and 54 minutes, really). All you need is Nintendo Switch and a broadband internet connection to take part. Simply head to Nintendo eShop and download* the free demo - or head to the Splatoon 2 gamepage, log in using your Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID, then click “Download Demo”**.

Prepare for summer with the free Splatoon 2 Global Testfire demo event, starting March 24th

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People are going to be very disappointed in Ultra Street Fighter II if they played any recent fighting game. It looks like a touched up version of SF2 Remix we played damn near 10 years ago and that game has not aged well AT ALL.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
We have Satori Iwata to thank for the Switch. RIP. What a legacy to leave behind. It took him having to die for Nintendo to get their collective mind right in every area of marketing and developing this console and ecosystem.

Also a neat tidbit on how the creator of Gameboy Gunpei Yokoi RIP philosophy is incorporated into the Switch.

10 Things Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto Told Us About Switch

I know you weren't as personally involved with Switch's development, but were there any tables flipped?

Nothing really in terms of 180 degrees, but myself, Mr. Takeda and Mr. Iwata were more providing feedback during development. So a lot of the younger staff would give us presentations, and we would give them feedback and make decisions if necessary. The feedback that we did provide I think was put to good use, and I don't think there were any times where we had major clashes of ideas. If anything, we had to think about how to make Switch unique, and there's a certain cost associated with that. So it was like, "Oh my God, it's going to be a lot more expensive. How are we going to deal with this?" We struggled with that together as a team.

Is there anything in particular about Switch that reflects Satoru Iwata's involvement? [Iwata was Nintendo's president from 2002 to 2015, and passed away in July 2015.]

I mentioned that Mr. Iwata, Mr. Takeda and myself provided feedback and made decisions, but ultimately Mr. Iwata was the head of development, so he put a lot of thought and time into Switch. I think that the idea of Nintendo Switch being a device you can take out and anywhere, and the idea of it being a system that really allows networking and communicating with people, I think that's something Mr. Iwata put a lot of emphasis on.

Because Mr. Iwata was tech-savvy, a lot of our discussion involved trying to figure out how to make the technical things like network capabilities or servers or whatever fun. For example, think about when we added the ability to use a browser on the DS [Nintendo's two-screen gaming handheld—the browser was added to North American systems in 2007]. As time goes on, all of these services become more and more advanced, and so we need to think about "How do we incorporate mobile devices or new browser features that come up?" That's something Mr. Iwata and I discussed a lot, really trying to decide what to do and what not to do in our hardware.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Smh at me buying a switch exclusively to play Street Fighter. But the novelty fir me is that i can do it lying in bed or taking a shiit (where i used to play SF Alpha during my younger portable days).

Feel like a fukkin kid again, lol.

Edit: just found out these japs wont be including Wifi capabilities during Switch Launch.

Thats some bullshiit. Now if i go travel (got a bachelor party in a remote resort im planning w friends).... Now i gotta bring my phone, Switch... AND a tablet for internet. Fukk is the point of calling this a mobile console without web browsing functionality? Sounds dated and any arguments are not welcome. No debating this horseshiit.

Nintendo will get major backlash for this shiit. Im holding out until wifi is packaged in it.

Think ima buy a car now with no power windows? What kind of backwards, antiquated mindset in development is that.

If i want to play SF while im taking a shiit... Then browsing Coli for breakfast --- on the same fukkn device with a portable screen, shiit should be a no brainer.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really hope the eGPU rumor is true. Would be a cool feature -- like the N64 Expansion pak on steroids. You could potentially have Switch games looking as good as PS4 Pro games.

Last edited:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
17 days left.
Im-Ready-Lets-Do-This-Reaction-Gif.gif

Last edited: