Nintendo Switch Official Thread

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I played a lot of wrestling games growing up but the N64 ones were the best. Haven't played any of them recently.
after the n64, the ps2 had some gems like here comes the pain. smackdown vs raw was pretty good too but after that, it went down hill especially with the 2k series. it has very slowly improved (i played 2k17 on ps4) but we will never get those aki games from the n64 era.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
after the n64, the ps2 had some gems like here comes the pain. smackdown vs raw was pretty good too but after that, it went down hill especially with the 2k series. it has very slowly improved (i played 2k17 on ps4) but we will never get those aki games from the n64 era.
Damn. There should be a petition somewhere.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Damn. There should be a petition somewhere.
there is one but nothing happened.
secondly, the aki scene is mainly about mods / patches for the emulator only but not based for the actual n64 hardware. n64 emulation as a whole is horrible compared to other systems that we can emulate. things are getting slowly better. i know there is a english patch for virtual pro wrestling 2. it came out after no mercy btw.

best way to play all of the n64 games is through an ever drive 64 cartridge .. we are seeing more rom hacks / patches being more compatible with the actual n64 system.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Downloadable Splatoon 2 Demo on March 24th. Multiplayer Test from 24th to 26th.
3oPz5fG.jpg

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Reading between the lines, it looks like they wanna phase out the Nintendo 3DS in the future to get kids to move to Switch.

Nintendo: 3rd party Switch reveals soon, several online services, mobile connection 'integral', 3DS in 2018 & more

T: You’ve mentioned the 3DS there. Will you continue to support the dedicated handheld given Switch could potentially replace it?

Takahashi: Certainly I think 3DS from a price perspective is quite a bit lower, and it’s a system we’ve released a very large library for. So I think from that perspective it’s a very good system for kids to have as their first system. We still see a lot of potential for 3DS in that area. And with that in mind we’re thinking of games to release for 3DS not just in 2017, but in 2018 as well. And the hope there also is that kids playing on 3DS will also shift over to Switch at some point in the future.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Reading between the lines, it looks like they wanna phase out the Nintendo 3DS in the future to get kids to move to Switch.

Nintendo: 3rd party Switch reveals soon, several online services, mobile connection 'integral', 3DS in 2018 & more

T: You’ve mentioned the 3DS there. Will you continue to support the dedicated handheld given Switch could potentially replace it?

Takahashi: Certainly I think 3DS from a price perspective is quite a bit lower, and it’s a system we’ve released a very large library for. So I think from that perspective it’s a very good system for kids to have as their first system. We still see a lot of potential for 3DS in that area. And with that in mind we’re thinking of games to release for 3DS not just in 2017, but in 2018 as well. And the hope there also is that kids playing on 3DS will also shift over to Switch at some point in the future.

See.. I hope they arent trying to make Switch their next handheld console. I want to cop a switch but i dont want to play shytty 3ds level games smh.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
See.. I hope they arent trying to make Switch their next handheld console. I want to cop a switch but i dont want to play shytty 3ds level games smh.
I hope they are cause hopefully those games will be cheap. Plus in that interview they are going after 3rd party developers hard core. We should see more Steam and PC games, which I'm looking forward to.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I hope they are cause hopefully those games will be cheap. Plus in that interview they are going after 3rd party developers hard core. We should see more Steam and PC games, which I'm looking forward to.

What's the point of having 3rd party games when they are the shytty handheld version?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What's the point of having 3rd party games when they are the shytty handheld version?
You're tripping. The 3rd party games look great to me.

Skyrim

Fire Emblem Warriors

Fast RMX

Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Sonic Mania

Ultra Street Fighter 2

and don't sleep on their 2nd party games either.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Plus more coming.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're tripping. The 3rd party games look great to me.

Skyrim

Fire Emblem Warriors

Fast RMX

Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Sonic Mania

Ultra Street Fighter 2

and don't sleep on their 2nd party games either.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Plus more coming.

Xenoblade isn't second party it's first party. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. I wasn't all that happy when Nintendo bought them but it ended up working out with the Xenoblade series. I don't think Xenosaga did that that well for Bandai Namco especially when they cut the 6 parts down to 3 so they said screw it and sold them.