Nintendo Switch Official Thread

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
the shyt will be for my godson whose 5, so he'd be good with a backlog till the switch really starts popping.....thanks for the info....
Def cop the Wii U if it's for a 4-5 year old. My son (4) plays his Wii U all the time. His favourite games are Tank Tank Tank! (very easy and fun), SM3DW, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and Pokken Tournament.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
question:

right now, would it better to cop a wii u and wait on switch?...asking cause i'm thinking about getting 1 for my godson...i know he'd play the shyt outta zelda, but i'm not buying a system for 1 game...at least the wii u got other games i know he'd play, and the new zelda drops on it too....
Breh buy the Switch. Unless you getting a Wii U for less than a $100 it makes no sense to buy a dead console with maybe 6-10 great games over a new console that will be getting most of those games plus NEW games within a year or so.

The Switch only $300.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Def cop the Wii U if it's for a 4-5 year old. My son (4) plays his Wii U all the time. His favourite games are Tank Tank Tank! (very easy and fun), SM3DW, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and Pokken Tournament.

cool...that's the way i'm leaning...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh buy the Switch. Unless you getting a Wii U for less than a $100 it makes no sense to buy a dead console with maybe 6-10 great games over a new console that will be getting most of those games plus NEW games within a year or so.

The Switch only $300.

it aint for me, it's for my godson and he dont care about that shyt lol....one of my boys brought over his wii u one time, and he got to play the game where you chase the ghost around, he loved that....and all he plays on his 2ds is zelda games....the wii u gets the new zelda, so he'd be happy playing that....

....i'm look around, if i can get a wii u cheap, i'm leaning towards that...if i cant, then i'll just cop the switch....we'll see...might just suggest the switch to his parents and i chip in for it and buy him a game....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it aint for me, it's for my godson and he dont care about that shyt lol....one of my boys brought over his wii u one time, and he got to play the game where you chase the ghost around, he loved that....and all he plays on his 2ds is zelda games....the wii u gets the new zelda, so he'd be happy playing that....

....i'm look around, if i can get a wii u cheap, i'm leaning towards that...if i cant, then i'll just cop the switch....we'll see...might just suggest the switch to his parents and i chip in for it and buy him a game....
In that case still cop the Wii u for the low low. $120-$130 MAX.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Up to you, especially if you don't mind buying used cause a new Wii U isn't cheap at all.
Even at 5 though having the new shyt would be :wow:

josuke

Banned
Daps
yoo rthis is off topic buuut how many posts do ya need to post in the locker room sxn? thanx

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Up to you, especially if you don't mind buying used cause a new Wii U isn't cheap at all.
Even at 5 though having the new shyt would be :wow:

i know right lol....but hey, the lil fukker does great in school and is a gamer, so i'm like fukk it...

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Breh buy the Switch.
:picard:I wudn't trust a 5 year old with a Switch breh. My son would break it in a day. Hence why he plays the Wii U cause that bulky ass gamepad is kid proof. Plus I got the nerf protector. I swear the Wii U is made for little kids the way it's designed. lol Switch is for the young adults and teens.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:picard:I wudn't trust a 5 year old with a Switch breh. My son would break it in a day. Hence why he plays the Wii U cause that bulky ass gamepad is kid proof. Plus I got the nerf protector. I swear the Wii U is made for little kids the way it's designed. lol Switch is for the young adults and teens.
lmaooo i wanted to get my 3 year old son a switch so bad but i remembered what he did to the last two tablets and changed my mind

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Is the Switch indie friendly? One developer’s take

Nintendo’s never had the best reputation when it comes to being welcoming to independent developers. While a few tiny developers have managed to release games on Nintendo platforms in recent years, the total numbers are a fraction of what you’d find on an Xbox or PlayStation.

Is that likely to change with the Switch? We spoke with Tyrone Rodriguez, the president of Nicalis, whose company has three Switch games planned, including one launch title, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+.

Nicalis is one of the few smaller developers that has worked with Nintendo steadily in recent years.

“We were fortunate enough to have prototype developer hardware for the Wii U, 3DS, etcetera, so we already had a good relationship with Nintendo to get [the Switch] a little bit early,” said Rodriguez.

That insight into Nintendo platforms of yore has proven useful. Afterbirth+ launched just last month on PC and to see it transition to a console so quickly is almost unheard of in the indie space.

A big part of that speed was thanks to the Switch’s new development tools, explained Rodriguez.

“The Switch is, by far the easiest and most programmer friendly so far,” he said. “I know this sounds like lip service to Nintendo, but it’s actually not. If this wasn’t true, we wouldn’t be able to get these games up and running as quickly as we have, and we wouldn’t be able to have a launch title. It’s light years ahead of what we were doing with Wii U.”

Another effective technique was to unify their games across multiple platforms, further decreasing porting time. Achievements, for example.

“We put in hooks in ... so that the code will work on any platform,” Rodriguez said. “So, for example, if there was a console that didn’t have achievements, you can’t have achievements on those games. But in the case of Isaac, we built the achievements right into the game.” (Rodriguez is still under NDA with Nintendo until the Switch launches, and apologized for the need to remain vague regarding Switch functionality.)

Rodriguez also mentioned that, in addition to his team’s three announced titles (Isaac, Redout and 1001 Spikes) they has “way more” Switch games in development. They’ll have competition, though. Other indies have been announced for Switch, including Stardew Valley and Tumbleseed.

“We used to enjoy the lack of developers coming to Nintendo consoles, it was a lot less competition,” said Rodriguez. “But it’s not a bad thing. More good games on every platform is good for the industry. I’m very happy Nintendo is trying to get more games for this platform.”

Is the Switch indie friendly? One developer’s take