Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm left with no choice. Otherwise I'll be unable to play Xenoblade 2. I know what I'm getting into though. I also know that I'm part of the problem because outside the Virtual Boy I've purchased all their consoles and portables and it's consumers like myself with our dollars that don't challenge Nintendo to be better than they are. They get away wit putting put mediocre hardware because people like myself keep buying it.

I just can't see Xenoblade 2 coming out this year. I'd love for Nintendo to prove me wrong tho.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Nintendo Switch has rectified some of the problems you have issues with. Only thing you can complain about is them not trying to compete with X-Box One or PS4 directly, graphic's wise.

...And thats difficult to do on a tablet. There's not enough room to put desktop specs in a tablet. Which is why the Switch is not comparable to the other consoles. Nintendo has basically separated themselves from the others. But as you said, their is really nothing to complain about except in regard to graphics. The mobile spaces in regard to specs is developing so fast that such is almost to the point of catching up with the speed of desktops. Nintendo obviously knows this, and is why they are obviously taking the risk with a hybrid console. All they need to do now is just offer an amazing online experience.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
...And thats difficult to do on a tablet. There's not enough room to put desktop specs in a tablet. Which is why the Switch is not comparable to the other consoles. Nintendo has basically separated themselves from the others. But as you said, their is really nothing to complain about except in regard to graphics. The mobile spaces in regard to specs is developing so fast that such is almost to the point of catching up with the speed of desktops. Nintendo obviously knows this, and is why they are obviously taking the risk with a hybrid console. All they need to do now is just offer an amazing online experience.
They can sorta do it, the problem is, there's not enough advancements in battery power and efficiency to let them do it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nintendo separated themselves from the others with the Wii and everything beyond it.

My Switch will likely never leave the cradle that much because I'm not a portable gamer. When I leave the house I'm usually doing something that requires my full attention like working or driving or visiting someone. I'm completely uninterested in carrying around an expensive dedicated gaming device.

What I find disappointing is that Nintendo won't even attempt a traditional normal console that's equal to or stronger that their competitors. What's the worst that can result from them trying that one more time? It can still be done with profitable hardware. It will clearly never happen again though.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Nintendo separated themselves from the others with the Wii and everything beyond it.

My Switch will likely never leave the cradle that much because I'm not a portable gamer. When I leave the house I'm usually doing something that requires my full attention like working or driving or visiting someone. I'm completely uninterested in carrying around an expensive dedicated gaming device.

What I find disappointing is that Nintendo won't even attempt a traditional normal console that's equal to or stronger that their competitors. What's the worst that can result from them trying that one more time? It can still be done with profitable hardware. It will clearly never happen again though.

Nintendo just doesn't see the benefit of joining a console war. When you look back at the N64 it was the most advanced console at that time, and even some developers stayed away because according to them it was too difficult to code for. I think at this point people don't purchase Nintendo to play the games thats available on other consoles. They purchase Nintendo's for the games that can only be played on Nintendo; and shockingly their is a market for that. I think while the Switch maybe underpowered Nintendo did bring innovation to this console, they also brought one of the most powerful chips that could be added to a tablet for gaming on the Switch. The reason the Xbox one and Ps4 is more powerful than the Switch is due to the fact their consoles have more room for stuff to be added. However, for me personally that don't matter much, as I'm more into gameplay than graphics. The fact I will be able to play games on my TV and on the go; especially games that I absolutely love makes the Switch worth it too me, as my phone has become my first console.

However, I agree. Apart of me do wish the Switch could be more powerful in regard to its specs; but the technology just isn't their right now for them to do this, especially in regard to a hybrid device. However, that computing space is innovating so fast right now that in a couple years it will be caught up with the speed of desktops. I guess Nintendo just wanted to do it before everyone else. However, its important to note that most people know nothing about specs, and don't make purchases based on specs.

Reggie mentioned some of this here...

... He does have a point about the gaming industry becoming stagnant on graphics.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think at this point people don't purchase Nintendo to play the games thats available on other consoles. They purchase Nintendo's for the games that can only be played on Nintendo
This happened because of Nintendo's actions and it doesn't have to be the case. Nintendo can put themselves in a position to receive all the third party ports and observe what happens. It couldn't possibly be any worse than the results the Wii U got.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
This happened because of Nintendo's actions and it doesn't have to be the case. Nintendo can put themselves in a position to receive all the third party ports and observe what happens. It couldn't possibly be any worse than the results the Wii U got.

But the Switch won't be the Wii U though. The Wii U had bad marketing; no one really knew the thing existed until months or years later. In which many die hard Nintendo fanboys didn't even purchase it. It also had very little support from Nintendo. Everything that seemed to have went wrong with the Wii U appears to not be the case with the Switch this time around. The marketing for this console is perhaps the biggest for a Nintendo console ever. Nintendo has revealed 3rd parties that are putting games on the system. An Ubisoft developer just hinted on twitter last week they were creating a new game for the Switch specifically, their are indie developers all over Reddit hinting they are developing for the console. Every analyst out there said the Wii U was gonna flop and be a failure for Nintendo before the Wii U was brought to market for purchase. All of those same analyst are saying the Switch will be a success and will be the number 2 console eventuality selling more than the Xbox one.

Nintendo just needs to continue their marketing. Support the console. Bring first party games; show they are dedicated to the console. Bring an amazing online experience, and I think all will correct it self.

While also creating games that take advantage of the hardware. Zelda won't do that. However, Fast RMX appears to be the first game that takes advantage of the Switch specs (Which we still know very little about).

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
While also creating games that take advantage of the hardware. Zelda won't do that. However, Fast RMX appears to be the first game that takes advantage of the Switch specs (Which we still know very little about).

Shin'en are known for making Nintendo hardware sing, even more so than Nintendo themselves.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still feel like the wii u was one of the worst names for a system ever.

I still get confused when people talk about wii/ wii u I just lump it all together. And I'm sure ALOT of casual people did the same. A simple name change would have done wonder for it. Can imagine if the switch was called Wii Z

Its all in the name.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Blue Ocean Strategy - Wikipedia

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
"my phone has become my first console"
Same here. The Switch is an obvious buy for us whose phone is their main gaming platform. What most PC and console gamers haven't realized is that we are now the majority. Mobile gaming is the main stage. If anything, it is now Console and PC developers that has to compete with mobile gaming. They are no longer first place. Nintendo bringing Mario to smartphones shows they know wassup.

But us mobile gamers still miss buttons and joysticks, which is why there are so many bluetooth gamepads. Carrying extra shyt is inconvenient.

Sony had the right idea with their Playstation Xperia phones but they didn't follow through. With the Switch, Nintendo should add phone service but they probably won't. These companies always get close but no cigar.

sonyeric-xperia_play-veriz-game-lg.jpg