Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually, we live in a world where mobile gaming from smartphones and tablets surpassed console and pc gaming last year. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc...evenue-to-pass-console-pc-for-first-time.html

for instance, i no longer play pc or console games.

i play on my iphone, android and ipad, as well as emulators on those devices My Emulation Setup

Basically my iphone is my first gaming device but after the Switch, my iphone will be 2nd and the Switch my first.

This is the future breh. Playing games anywhere at anytime with anyone has a higher priority than expensive home setups.

limited battery life

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Of course a new COD, NBA 2K or Madden would be dope, especially if they came out date to date with the other versions. But in all likelihood, those Switch versions will be gimped, half assed and have less content compared to the others. FIFA on the Switch reportedly running on the PS3/360 engine already painted the picture for what's to come regarding those games.
Man that's just lazy on EA's part. The Switch is more powerful than the 360 and PS3. They can make some decent PS4 and X-Box One ports if they wanted to. May not be as graphically intensive but it should still look better than the last generation. For example, The Tegra K1 chip released in 2014 in the nVidia Shield Tablet and outperforms both 360 and X-Box One while consuming less power. The Tegra X1 came out a year later and is more powerful than that and the Switch is supposedly based on a more powerful and power efficient version than that. So while it may not have X-Box One or PS4 levels of graphics due to being downclocked, ports should still look good. Not like it can't be done. Look at how well Metal Gear Solid 5 runs on older systems like the PS3 and 360. We could get Metal Gear Solid 5 if Konami wanted.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
limited battery life
Portable chargers.

I've seen even senior citizens with portable chargers. When Pokemon Go dropped, you best believe people who didn't have one then, got it now. Nintendo Switch can also be played with a portable charger. They sell USB-C cords for $19 at Wal-Mart. Connect the Switch to your portable charger and your good. But hey did you even read that article? People already use portable chargers for their smartphones and tablets anyway. People can't go without their Facebook and Clash of Clans for long man.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
C36bqHZWIAEvBIQ.jpg

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Of course a new COD, NBA 2K or Madden would be dope, especially if they came out date to date with the other versions. But in all likelihood, those Switch versions will be gimped, half assed and have less content compared to the others. FIFA on the Switch reportedly running on the PS3/360 engine already painted the picture for what's to come regarding those games.
Rumor from the same people who said Zelda was missing launch and that Mario & a Splatoon port were at launch. They were wrong about a lot of shyt. Don't take anything they say seriously. EA has already come out and said the FIFA game is a custom build for the Switch. I don't think it's a yearly edition either. They're just calling it FIFA

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
and 3rd party won't be an issue for Switch. Nintendo went out of their way to get 3rd party developers involved.

but like mike said I only care bout their first party games.

and their 2nd party.
Which is why they have less launch titles than the Wii U? The Wii U has been mostly dormant for years on a third party front. They were busy making Switch games?

It's good that you care about only Nintendo produced titles because that's gonna likely be 80% of the entire library.

Half the pr stuff they're saying now was the same talk you were getting from them right before the Wii U. This time it'll be different though. Not because they're actually doing anything different but just because.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Which is why they have less launch titles than the Wii U? The Wii U has been mostly dormant for years on a third party front. They were busy making Switch games?

It's good that you care about only Nintendo produced titles because that's gonna likely be 80% of the entire library.

Half the pr stuff they're saying now was the same talk you were getting from them right before the Wii U. This time it'll be different though. Not because they're actually doing anything different but just because.
They have less launch titles because they're spacing the games out on purpose in order to not create a drought like you suffered with Wii-U, which was also posted earlier in the thread if you've been reading. Switch isn't lacking 3rd party titles either, didn't you see the poster of all the games coming out for this year?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They have less launch titles because they're spacing the games out on purpose in order to not create a drought like you suffered with Wii-U, which was also posted earlier in the thread if you've been reading. Switch isn't lacking 3rd party titles either, didn't you see the poster of all the games coming out for this year?
We've heard this talk before

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Watching superbowl can't view.

Just don't buy the Switch if you're worried about EA support so much
I'm left with no choice. Otherwise I'll be unable to play Xenoblade 2. I know what I'm getting into though. I also know that I'm part of the problem because outside the Virtual Boy I've purchased all their consoles and portables and it's consumers like myself with our dollars that don't challenge Nintendo to be better than they are. They get away wit putting put mediocre hardware because people like myself keep buying it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm left with no choice. Otherwise I'll be unable to play Xenoblade 2. I know what I'm getting into though. I also know that I'm part of the problem because outside the Virtual Boy I've purchased all their consoles and portables and it's consumers like myself with our dollars that don't challenge Nintendo to be better than they are. They get away wit putting put mediocre hardware because people like myself keep buying it.
Nintendo Switch has rectified some of the problems you have issues with. Only thing you can complain about is them not trying to compete with X-Box One or PS4 directly, graphic's wise.