Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I still feel like the wii u was one of the worst names for a system ever.

I still get confused when people talk about wii/ wii u I just lump it all together. And I'm sure ALOT of casual people did the same. A simple name change would have done wonder for it. Can imagine if the switch was called Wii Z

Its all in the name.

I was on several other gaming forums when the Wii U was announced and when they showed that trailers, every single post was more or less:

"A Wii add on!?:russ:"

"This shyt ain't nothing but a big ass controller for the Wii, next gen my ass.:mjlol:"

"Graphics still look like 2005. fukkin Nintendo.:stopitslime:"

"They couldn't call it Wii 2? I think people are gonna get very confused."

"Where the hell is the console?:wtf:"

" This has flop written all over it.:francis:"

"That Zelda tech demo was nice.:ehh:"

And a bunch of other shyt. If gaming enthusiasts where confused by the console, the average consumer had no chance. The Wii U's entire marketing campaign should be a case study to how to NOT market a product.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I was on several other gaming forums when the Wii U was announced and when they showed that trailers, every single post was more or less:

"This shyt ain't nothing but a big ass controller for the Wii, next gen my ass.:mjlol:"

And a bunch of other shyt. If gaming enthusiasts where confused by the console, the average consumer had no chance. The Wii U's entire marketing campaign should be a case study to how to NOT market a product.
someone there needs to study boards lol

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
a lot of people including me were waiting for Zelda to drop before copping a Wii-U.

ain't buying a Wii-U anymore now that there's a switch

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

still remember that disaster vividly...had me like :dahell: on what the fukk it was supposed to be

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Updated. I don't make these. Fifa is supposed to be in the September block.
6pagkooipaey.png

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Switch is not comparable to Wii U.
Imonly, besides awful marketing and branding a big reason Wii U flopped was because of a lack of first party support, not just third. 3D World was the first big first party game and that shyt came out like a full year after launch. Mario Kart came 6 months or so later, Smash Bros 6 months or so after that. Splatoon 6 months or so after that. Zelda took so long it's launching with the damn Switch. With the Switch, they've already announced Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart (even if it's an enhanced port), Xenoblade, an open world Mario, and a new IP in Arms within the first 9 months. That's a big fukking difference. We still haven't heard anything with the Smash port yet. Who knows about that? They could surprise people and launch it around Evo

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
"As we have said, we are doing a version of FIFA for Nintendo Switch, "said Moore." It will be FIFA 18 and obviously will be released later this year when FIFA 18 comes out. "The big question is, same game or a Version of PS4 and Xbox One? It has revealed that the same development team of FIFA EA Vancouver is in charge of this version "customized for Nintendo Switch"."

FIFA on Switch will be FIFA 18, possible September launch

So much for those rumors...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Launch gets 4 major 3rd party publishers:

Square/Enix, Konami, Activision and Ubisoft

4 random independents and 2 first party games.

Just cause those titles aren't as hype as Zelda doesn't mean Switch is not getting 3rd party support. The majority of the launch games are 3rd party. No 2nd parties. The Wii-U launch was more impressive but it didn't have Zelda. Zelda is a system seller. This shyt gonna move units. Switch is gonna change the game just like it did the Super Bowl

Nintendo Switch Commercial May Have Caused the Falcons to Lose the Super Bowl - CraveOnline

vhmCvbPh.jpg

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I'm still shocked that they screwed up Star Fox though. They could have made a Star Fox 64 w/ online multiplayer. They could have space shooting elements mixed with on-foot missions (Star Fox Adventure) and made it an epic game. Now we won't see another Star Fox game in at least 10 years.