Nintendo Switch Official Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this thing sound pretty trash so far

reveal in september they better deliver

How does it sound trash?

Nintendo will be able to develop games for 1 system which will build a bigger library for the NX, Nintendo knows handheld so they should be able to put out something good and the new nvidia integra chip will be used so graphics will be good.

Plus I like the idea of being able to plug a handheld into the tv to play and unplug it to take on the road. It's convenient and I'm looking forward to this. The only thing I'm worried about is form factor and aesthetic. If it looks similar to the 3DSXL then I'll be happy with it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How do yall even get into Pokemon anymore? I played it as a teen and the whole appeal of the game was rivals in my neighborhood. I tried to play Pokemon X and dropped it half way through. I'm 33 and shyt I don't know anybody that plays this anymore. Do people actually enjoy the single player of these games?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do yall even get into Pokemon anymore? I played it as a teen and the whole appeal of the game was rivals in my neighborhood. I tried to play Pokemon X and dropped it half way through. I'm 33 and shyt I don't know anybody that plays this anymore. Do people actually enjoy the single player of these games?
Of course not.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Do people actually enjoy the single player of these games?

Hmm.:jbhmm:

*Looks up sales numbers*

*14 million copies sold as of June 2016*

giphy.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

:dwillhuh: You must've had the attention span of a walnut if you didn't like the single player as a kid. And as a matter of fact you needed to play it in order to get more Pokemon anyway so I don't know if you're trying to be a dikk or what. Not to mention to play with other people you had to have that trash ass connection cord so most people played maybe 5-10 matches at a time. If you liked Pokemon in any way, whether through the show or friends you had to have played the single player.

like pokemon stadium or like pokemon adventure type of game?

Pokemon Stadium was overrated, Pokemon Colosseum and XD took that formula and took it to the next level, they should have that kind of game on the NX. The Battle Revolution one flopped because it tried to do what Stadium did

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dwillhuh: You must've had the attention span of a walnut if you didn't like the single player as a kid. And as a matter of fact you needed to play it in order to get more Pokemon anyway so I don't know if you're trying to be a dikk or what. Not to mention to play with other people you had to have that trash ass connection cord so most people played maybe 5-10 matches at a time. If you liked Pokemon in any way, whether through the show or friends you had to have played the single player.
having to play through the single player didn't mean I actually cared about that part of the game. I liked battling actual people that I knew. The post game and team building was far more important to me than playing through the single player.

By the time Gold and Silver came out I was really too old to be playing it though. Between Gold and Silver and X I haven't played any of the games. I got about half way into X and dropped it. Pokemon is a social game or at least it was to me. I mean I know grown people playing Pokemon Go but I don't know anybody personally my age with a Nintendo 3DS let alone a Pokemon game on it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

I've only played the SP of the game

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I can't fukk with the newer pokemon games. Waaaaay too many Pokemon now. I'm currently replaying Pokemon Yellow on an emulator and will move up to Gen 2, then Gen 3, and stop there.

If Nintendo did these:

New 3D Mario game
Breath of the Wild exclusive to NX
3D HD remake of Pokemon Red/Blue
Sequel to Splatoon

all on the NX then it should be a good jump start

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I can't fukk with the newer pokemon games. Waaaaay too many Pokemon now. I'm currently replaying Pokemon Yellow on an emulator and will move up to Gen 2, then Gen 3, and stop there.

If Nintendo did these:

New 3D Mario game
Breath of the Wild exclusive to NX
3D HD remake of Pokemon Red/Blue
Sequel to Splatoon

all on the NX then it should be a good jump start

3D Mario and Spla2oon are a given.

3 and a half games have been confirmed for the NX so far:

Breath of the Wild
Just Dance
Sonic Generations 2
*Dragon Quest XI* (Square Enix let it slip during the reveal livestream, afterwards they've said it's being "considered" and haven't talked about the game since.)