Nintendo Switch Official Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Are you talking about the system using cartridges? Cause then you'd be dead wrong. Flash media surpassed discs a long time ago. The fact that none of the games need to install and you don't have to manage storage space if you only buy physical copies, unlike PS4 and XB1 is an advantage

Flash media is a lot more expensive than discs though. For the price of one SD card that can hold a game like Halo 5 you could buy a 50 pack for Blu Rays. You know publishers aren't gonna eat up their profits by releasing games on large size cards.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
BOTW has shoddy FPS and cant even meet 1080p

I play on a 140inch projector, that shyt bout to look horrible
Digital Foundry said it's for the most part a locked 30FPS. Par for the course for a console game. Sorry for you if you don't find it acceptable but it looks good enough to me. I'm more about the overall experience than the graphics.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
BOTW has shoddy FPS and cant even meet 1080p

I play on a 140inch projector, that shyt bout to look horrible

It depends, on how they'll utilise Nvidia's maxwell chipset. Upscaling could still be involved whilst docked, allowing for 1080 displays and they're in the process off optimizing BOTW.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Digital Foundry said it's for the most part a locked 30FPS. Par for the course for a console game. Sorry for you if you don't find it acceptable but it looks good enough to me. I'm more about the overall experience than the graphics.
breh digitally foundry showed massive dips to 24fps

lets not lie for the digital world

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BOTW is really a Wii U game. It's not really optimized for the Switch nor does it give us an indication of what the Switch's hardware can handle.

Arms, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey were running at 1080p/60fps. We'll see how they run when we really get out hands on them but those games are a better indicator of what the Switch can do

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
got a feelin switch gonna be hacked very soon. and emulators pop up online

crazy thing is, Zelda will probably run better via emulation in 4k on pc than on switch

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
BOTW is really a Wii U game. It's not really optimized for the Switch nor does it give us an indication of what the Switch's hardware can handle.

Arms, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey were running at 1080p/60fps. We'll see how they run when we really get out hands on them but those games are a better indicator of what the Switch can do
Splatoon 2 was at 720p/60fps. But it could be raised by release.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Both Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 were running 720p.
I don't think Mario Odyssey was playable but Splatoon 2 was and it was 60fps.
I do expect the final software to 1080p/60fps when docked though.
Are you talking about the system using cartridges? Cause then you'd be dead wrong. Flash media surpassed discs a long time ago. The fact that none of the games need to install and you don't have to manage storage space if you only buy physical copies, unlike PS4 and XB1 is an advantage

I could see the base model being $250 and the system will be bundled with some top first party game (Splatoon or MK8) for $300 during Black Friday. Especially with Mario Odyssey coming out around that time. They'll be getting a sales surge around that time obviously
That's not a genuine advantage.
HDD will always beat Flash because it's WAY, WAY cheaper.
You try getting 4tb's of flash memory for $130 and you'll be waiting quite a while.
The average ps4/xbone/pc user can head to best buy/target/wal mart cop one and be
set for a while.