Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're gonna drop the price on the Switch by September, especially if the sales start to slump after launch. No way is this thing staying $299 by years end.

Going by Nintendo's console price history, I sincerely doubt that

And even if they do that, thats not the biggest problem (although its one of the big ones).
-Archaic storage medium
-Super expensive accessories (which rarely ever see price drops)
-Battery Life
-Paid online subscription
-Outdated 3rd party support

I could go on. It would need to have launched at 200 to combat alot of these issues.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So what nikka. They still do shyt like that right now. Videogames are still sold the same way in Toys R Us. Them shyts never was lumped in with the toys. They had their own section. I remember buying games at The Wiz. An electronic store. Videogames always had their own dedicated stores as well. Such as Funcoland. They were also sold at a plethora of electronic stores. They were considered electronics more than toys.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
-Archaic storage medium
Are you talking about the system using cartridges? Cause then you'd be dead wrong. Flash media surpassed discs a long time ago. The fact that none of the games need to install and you don't have to manage storage space if you only buy physical copies, unlike PS4 and XB1 is an advantage

They're gonna drop the price on the Switch by September, especially if the sales start to slump after launch. No way is this thing staying $299 by years end.
I could see the base model being $250 and the system will be bundled with some top first party game (Splatoon or MK8) for $300 during Black Friday. Especially with Mario Odyssey coming out around that time. They'll be getting a sales surge around that time obviously

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Going by Nintendo's console price history, I sincerely doubt that

And even if they do that, thats not the biggest problem (although its one of the big ones).
-Archaic storage medium
-Super expensive accessories (which rarely ever see price drops)
-Battery Life
-Paid online subscription
-Outdated 3rd party support

I could go on. It would need to have launched at 200 to combat alot of these issues.

The 3DS went down $100 from it's original price 5 months after launch. I can see the Switch's price dropping down to $200 before the holidays.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The 3DS went down $100 from it's original price 5 months after launch. I can see the Switch's price dropping down to $200 before the holidays.

3DS also had much lower hardware costs than a home console. Just depends on how they view this system.
I get your point tho, and if they are going to drop the price, it will be in September.

But the march launch is what has everyone shook about them dropping the price so soon. If it had launched for the Holidays, different story

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what nikka. They still do shyt like that right now. Videogames are still sold the same way in Toys R Us. Them shyts never was lumped in with the toys. They had their own section. I remember buying games at The Wiz. An electronic store. Videogames always had their own dedicated stores as well. Such as Funcoland. They were also sold at a plethora of electronic stores. They were considered electronics more than toys.
All this is besides the fact that my actual point is Nintendo still targets the same audiences today that they targeted back then. They still make Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and the same sorts of games in the same franchises are still in production today. It isn't Nintendo that's changed in who they target it's the rest of the industry.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hearing more about Arms, I think I'm gonna pick it up as long as the traditional controllers work well. Has a lot more depth than one thought. Seems like each character plays uniquely and there's actually a lot more strategy involved than just flailing arms like Wii Boxing

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
this shyt is smaller than I thought

30tlWGJ.jpg

ktSzPAA.jpg

Thijj

Rookie
Daps
Hearing more about Arms, I think I'm gonna pick it up as long as the traditional controllers work well. Has a lot more depth than one thought. Seems like each character plays uniquely and there's actually a lot more strategy involved than just flailing arms like Wii Boxing

Yeah ARMS looks like dope.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
First commercial from Europe.

I like it, It's simple and pretty much shows basically what the system is.:ehh:(Could have done without the guy whispering switch into my ear tho.:dame:)

Now lets look back at the Wii U's first commercial.:hhh: