Nintendo Switch Official Thread

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
To be fair the Vita is a great handheld. The problem is that Sony has no idea what to do in the handheld department and couldn't care less about improving it.

That and the 3DS has Pokemon and Monster Hunter and the Vita has........Digimon?:ld:

Edit: Oh it had Persona 4 Golden and God Eater.

I know the vita is great handheld. I own one. But all you heard that it was too big, only has one screen and no clam shell and that dual analogs were too much for a handheld. Also that no one wanted to play console games on the go. But now everyone is switching up their stance:mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's also a demo, not the full retail release. Maybe the retail release runs the exact same, better or worse but you really can't judge how a game will run from a demo. Who knows how early in development that demo was created?
The game comes out in 46 days. Its about to go gold. Because developers always show really early builds of games right before release on new platforms.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I know the vita is great handheld. I own one. But all you heard that it was too big, only has one screen and no clam shell and that dual analogs were too much for a handheld. Also that no one wanted to play console games on the go. But now everyone is switching up their stance:mjgrin:
The difference between the Vita and the Switch is with one it was a dedicated portable with no option for home TV play until very late in its life. The other is you taking the actual same device with you on the go.

You couldn't play Unchartee Golden Abyss on your big screen. This is more like you unplugging your PS4 and taking it with you rather than having a PS4 and a Vita as separate devices with separate games.

Many people will buy the Switch and it will never leave the dock. Still others will buy and play on the go.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Nintendo should make this shyt into a phone .
That is compatible with every network at this 3 dollar price point and make bread.

Why play with it when you can own the shyt,....
All you need is a top notch media player, a Nintendo theme based mascot messenger and you gucci.
Off the peach and daisy style messenger and shyt you could win the female market.
If I could get the new Zelda on my phone and it connected to my tv with that controller. Plus a second controller just as small.
It takes kids and every market to the next level.
Plus, you undercut every competitor with the price as well.
While fitting a need and making gaming next level for the market permeation given the present market.
They simply could do this by just saying it is a phone and text messenger too.
It fits right unto the nickelodeon homepage kids are rabid about and the mom pacifier market areas well. Where the product is in little kids wheel houses as well.

Art Barr

Something's telling me they're gonna make an LTE version eventually.
If it can hold up profit wise I think the 2nd iteration of this is gonna get everything right.
It shouldn't be that hard to upgrade the dock to make it more powerful.
The whole system is a great concept that can be built upon pretty easily

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The difference between the Vita and the Switch is with one it was a dedicated portable with no option for home TV play until very late in its life. The other is you taking the actual same device with you on the go.

You couldn't play Unchartee Golden Abyss on your big screen. This is more like you unplugging your PS4 and taking it with you rather than having a PS4 and a Vita as separate devices with separate games.

Many people will buy the Switch and it will never leave the dock. Still others will buy and play on the go.
Let's not compare the frigging Vita TV with the Switch lol. That was no where near comparable to the Switch.

The Switch is seamless, you dock/undock it and continue right away.

The Vita TV was a separate hardware that connected to your TV, that had it's own compatibility issues and whatnot. It was nothing like the Switch. Plus you had to buy it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
To be fair the Vita is a great handheld. The problem is that Sony has no idea what to do in the handheld department and couldn't care less about improving it.

That and the 3DS has Pokemon and Monster Hunter and the Vita has........Digimon?:ld:

Edit: Oh it had Persona 4 Golden and God Eater.

don't forget those god damn memory cards...fukk sony for that.

Vita would've easily been one of the GOAT if it used standard SD cards. Sony kept me fed w/ them Vita PS+ games. I think I only bought like 1 or 2 physical titles.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Looks like you can't pre order the switch anywhere anymore. :whew:

Yep:snoop:

I woke up Sunday after being 50/50 on it for the previous two days and decided to try and get one after seeing that Gamestop deal where they were giving an extra $75 for the Wii-U. They had stopped taking pre-orders on Saturday. Hopefully they open some more pre-orders up. If not, I got a feeling some people not going to pick up their orders on release date and hopefully I can scoop up one then.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
don't forget those god damn memory cards...fukk sony for that.

Vita would've easily been one of the GOAT if it used standard SD cards. Sony kept me fed w/ them Vita PS+ games. I think I only bought like 1 or 2 physical titles.
I agree. I just started using my Vita recently and was ready to go ham on PSN until I saw the prices of the memory cards. They're still insanely expensive. It's very similar to a Wii U situation where you would think they would drop the prices to help out sales but they basically just said fukk it and abandoned that platform. I know Sony hasn't officially done that but when you see games like Gravity Rush and Danganronpa, which are really handheld games, get released for PS4 you know it's game over

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The game comes out in 46 days. Its about to go gold. Because developers always show really early builds of games right before release on new platforms.
It would make sense that it's close to the final build but who knows?
One thing I noticed was the weather and time icons that were visible on screen during the Jimmy Fallon reveal were not on screen during the DF footage. Was the version they were playing on Fallon an earlier version and they took out the weather and time icons on the final build? Or is the version they were running on Fallon a later build then what they were showing this past week at the events?

Edit - NVM, they're on screen later. I wonder if that's something you turn on and off

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I missed out on the preorders :snoop:

Amazon was supposed to email me when it was available to preorder but of course they never did :martin:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When did Nintendo every have good 3rd party support?

Snes, and 64 are the last systems I can think of.

If I want great multi play games I'll probably go with Xbox or PS.

However that might change a bit depending on how things go with the switch

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
If you count portables, Nintendo's 3rd party support on there has always been strong.

NES/SNES was fantastic
64 was dwindling
GCN was ok
Wii shovelware 3rd party was crazy...quality 3rd was lacking
Wii U lacking

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Actually loking forward to it. Quite tired of Microsoft and Sony's hegemony. As long as the games are fun, who cares about graphics. Most fun I had on a game was hyper light drifter(kind of like Zelda) on the pc and it wasn't graphically demanding at all

I agree, and if Nintendo can get a lot of independent companies to make new iPs, even better.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
When did Nintendo every have good 3rd party support?

Snes, and 64 are the last systems I can think of.

If I want great multi play games I'll probably go with Xbox or PS.

However that might change a bit depending on how things go with the switch

Their handhelds have had great 3rd party support. Mostly from Japanese developers though.