Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why the hell do yall think Toys-R-Us a child's toy store sells video games? Because in the early days video games were primarily for kids. There still is somewhat that stigma about them that adults shouldn't be playing them by the older generation. people say stuff like they grow out of games present day. hell back when I was younger you were considered a nerd if you were into games past a certain age.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I think Nintendo and Microsoft should have worked out a deal or one buys into the other. Obviously Nintendo couldn't buy Microsoft as a whole but buy the Xbox division. Nintendo has strong first party studios and weak third party support. Microsoft has weak first party studios and strong third party support. Obviously this doesn't happen but if it did they'd both fix each other's weaknesses. Nintendo tosses Retro back into mature game development. They retool Rare into more of the company they were under them and with The Coalition, Turn 10, and 343 Nintendo has at least 5 studios to work on content that targets core gamers. The traditional Nintendo studios can continue to make what they usually do.

The problem then becomes what to do with the Switch? Re-market it as a portable with TV play and move franchises to the Scorpio? Suddenly that combo Nintendo company has the most powerful hardware in the Scorpio. It would have been ideal to have this happen when it was obvious the Wii U was going to fail but before the Switch was decided on in full. At this point it probably creates just as many problems as it fixes.
Why the fukk would Microsoft tie itself to Nintendo? Gon' somewhere.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Had there been any mention of how the switch can be charged on the go?
I'm half expecting them to sell you the charger separately like they did with the new 3ds.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Had there been any mention of how the switch can be charged on the go?
I'm half expecting them to sell you the charger separately like they did with the new 3ds.
It uses a USB Type-C cable to charge so you can handle that on your own.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not included in the $300 package. Got it.
Why would it be? What portable mainstream gaming device comes with a car charger? It uses an industry standard cable so most people will already have the means to charge it on the go.

The 3DS used a proprietary cable meaning you had to buy a dedicated charger to charge it on the go.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No I'm not. Go look it up. The average gamer today is around my age. Its because people in my age group who grew up with gaming are the main ones playing.
This has ALWAYS been the case. The average gamer always been 30s. Games always and still are in the kids section. Doesn't mean ONLY kids played them. U trippin fam.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Why would it be? What portable mainstream gaming device comes with a car charger? It uses an industry standard cable so most people will already have the means to charge it on the go.

The 3DS used a proprietary cable meaning you had to buy a dedicated charger to charge it on the go.
Cellphones still include standard headphones.
I'm not asking about a car charger. I'm asking about a means to charge the portable device on the go.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I'm not. Go look it up. The average gamer today is around my age. Its because people in my age group who grew up with gaming are the main ones playing.

If what you're saying is as common as you'd like to portray where are all these present day gamers in their late 40s to early 50s?

Maybe you're too young to remember when video games were relegated to the toys section in retail stores and in all their advertising materials.

Now typically if you go in a store video games are nowhere near toys anymore. Why do you think we had all those cartoon character mascot platformers back in the day? Aero the Acrobat, Bubbsy the Bobcat ect?

Even until the PS2 era something like GTA 3 was shocking to people. Today games are so widely accepted as adult recreation that stuff like GTA people aren't even phased by. The PS2 era ushered in the gamers are mostly adults now era.
breh are you serious? my uncle in his 50's still plays games

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why the hell do yall think Toys-R-Us a child's toy store sells video games?

I need to stop you right there because this is terrible logic. Department stores and electronics stores sold consoles back in the day too. Unless video games were only sold at children's toy stores (they weren't) your point is moot.

Fred.