Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think Nintendo and Microsoft should have worked out a deal or one buys into the other. Obviously Nintendo couldn't buy Microsoft as a whole but buy the Xbox division. Nintendo has strong first party studios and weak third party support. Microsoft has weak first party studios and strong third party support. Obviously this doesn't happen but if it did they'd both fix each other's weaknesses. Nintendo tosses Retro back into mature game development. They retool Rare into more of the company they were under them and with The Coalition, Turn 10, and 343 Nintendo has at least 5 studios to work on content that targets core gamers. The traditional Nintendo studios can continue to make what they usually do.

The problem then becomes what to do with the Switch? Re-market it as a portable with TV play and move franchises to the Scorpio? Suddenly that combo Nintendo company has the most powerful hardware in the Scorpio. It would have been ideal to have this happen when it was obvious the Wii U was going to fail but before the Switch was decided on in full. At this point it probably creates just as many problems as it fixes.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Nintendo and Microsoft should have worked out a deal or one buys into the other. Obviously Nintendo couldn't buy Microsoft as a whole but buy the Xbox division. Nintendo has strong first party studios and weak third party support. Microsoft has weak first party studios and strong third party support. Obviously this doesn't happen but if it did they'd both fix each other's weaknesses. Nintendo tosses Retro back into mature game development. They retool Rare into more of the company they were under them and with The Coalition, Turn 10, and 343 Nintendo has at least 5 studios to work on content that targets core gamers. The traditional Nintendo studios can continue to make what they usually do.

The problem then becomes what to do with the Switch? Re-market it as a portable with TV play and move franchises to the Scorpio? Suddenly that combo Nintendo company has the most powerful hardware in the Scorpio. It would have been ideal to have this happen when it was obvious the Wii U was going to fail but before the Switch was decided on in full. At this point it probably creates just as many problems as it fixes.
lol this is more crazy than some of the shyt crazy people say to me while im on the LIR heading to manhattan

its a great utopian idea, infact near genius, but would never happen

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lol this is more crazy than some of the shyt crazy people say to me while im on the LIR heading to manhattan

its a great utopian idea, infact near genius, but would never happen
The combination of Nintendo and Xbox pretty much instantly fixes the problems either individual side has. It would stand a very good chance at toppling Sony. Either side is the exact opposite of each other's flaws. I'm pretty sure Nintendo of Japan would never go for it. They'd rather run their company into the ground than try that. I bet Microsoft would sell Xbox though.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The combination of Nintendo and Xbox pretty much instantly fixes the problems either individual side has. It would stand a very good chance at toppling Sony. Either side is the exact opposite of each other's flaws. I'm pretty sure Nintendo of Japan would never go for it. They'd rather run their company into the ground than try that. I bet Microsoft would sell Xbox though.
yeah itd be a perfect match

however will never happen

how long do you think switch will last before its declared a failure?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:mjlol:

all these dudes is saying is that why would this "audience" you're talking about get games for the Nintendo platform we're talking about if the games that are made for it in comparison to PS4 and even Xbox 1 are super downgraded?

When Gamecube was out and had some multiplatform games, some folks bought them because it was right in the middle. I remember I bought NBA Street Vol 2 on GC because it was better than the PS2 version. NBA 2K, NFL 2K etc. If Nintendo had the online figured out, great modern hardware with minimal gimmicks, the audience that owns Nintendo platforms would switch it up and buy games on there. You can't say the Nintendo fans aren't interested in those third party games so why make them because.. they never had the choice to buy a good quality port. It's been damn near 15 years since Nintendo had a platform with comparable specs to the competition. Nintendo keeps gambling on gimmicks and being different.. well why don't they "gamble" on a modern spec'd system and see how it does??
Their most successful console(SNES) was the most powerful console out at the time. And had great 3rd party support. U would think they would follow that format.

N*ggerFa*ot

Banned
Daps
They really asking for $40 for USFII? What the fukk? That's a minor update to a near decade old remake that cost like $15 back then.
Capcom is just the worst
B-B-B-but it has Violent ken and evil ryu (Both are basically color swaps) so it has to be worth the 40$

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:mjlol:

all these dudes is saying is that why would this "audience" you're talking about get games for the Nintendo platform we're talking about if the games that are made for it in comparison to PS4 and even Xbox 1 are super downgraded?

When Gamecube was out and had some multiplatform games, some folks bought them because it was right in the middle. I remember I bought NBA Street Vol 2 on GC because it was better than the PS2 version. NBA 2K, NFL 2K etc. If Nintendo had the online figured out, great modern hardware with minimal gimmicks, the audience that owns Nintendo platforms would switch it up and buy games on there. You can't say the Nintendo fans aren't interested in those third party games so why make them because.. they never had the choice to buy a good quality port. It's been damn near 15 years since Nintendo had a platform with comparable specs to the competition. Nintendo keeps gambling on gimmicks and being different.. well why don't they "gamble" on a modern spec'd system and see how it does??
So your argument is the soccer moms that buy their kids Nintendo hardware to play family friendly games will buy more of the CODs and Battlefields and GTAs for those kids?

Or is your argument that the PlayStation crowd will abandon Sony and go back to Nintendo once Nintendo puts out a equal hardware spec device to the competition?

Or is your argument that PlayStation and Xbox gamers who play online multiplayer with their friends on their current platform of choice will abandon PlayStation and Xbox and the games they play with their friends because Nintendo's graphics are up to par?

In the history of modern console gaming what you're suggesting will happen has never actually happened. meaning that the market leader has to typically mess up bad before gamers abandon their platform.

Also Nintendo as a company still exist because they kept their cost low on hardware and avoided selling it at a loss like Microsoft and Sony who have blown through billions selling hardware at losses.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So your argument is the soccer moms that buy their kids Nintendo hardware to play family friendly games will buy more of the CODs and Battlefields and GTAs for those kids?

Or is your argument that the PlayStation crowd will abandon Sony and go back to Nintendo once Nintendo puts out a equal hardware spec device to the competition?

Or is your argument that PlayStation and Xbox gamers who play online multiplayer with their friends on their current platform of choice will abandon PlayStation and Xbox and the games they play with their friends because Nintendo's graphics are up to par?

In the history of modern console gaming what you're suggesting will happen has never actually happened. meaning that the market leader has to typically mess up bad before gamers abandon their platform.

Also Nintendo as a company still exist because they kept their cost low on hardware and avoided selling it at a loss like Microsoft and Sony who have blown through billions selling hardware at losses.
Why are you always thinking people who own Nintendo consoles are only kids/casuals? This has again nothing to do with abandoning or w/e. All I'm saying is if there's nothing of that sort for a particular audience to buy, then people can't say "See nobody on Nintendo platfforms buy these games."
Then when the moment they DO drop them on a Nintendo platform, Nintendo's cheap hardware makes their version inferior so then people might go "See it's on there but nobody buying it!." Why would someone want to buy a last gen version of a game that looks like a large step below on a Nintendo platform?

The reason this hasn't happened is because EVERY gen Nintendo fukks it up making 3rd party games a waste of time for their platform.

N64: Cartridges

GC: Mini disc, controller(missing shoulder button, no real right analog stick), kiddy image etc.

Wii: Motion controls, inferior hardware thus making Wii versions inferior

Wii U: Inferior Hardware, low install base

Switch: Again inferior hardware. The fact that it's getting a 360 port of Skyrim says much.

It's always something holding them back from inferior hardware, inferior online MP, gimmicky controls, bad image etc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why are you always thinking people who own Nintendo consoles are only kids/casuals? This has again nothing to do with abandoning or w/e. All I'm saying is if there's nothing of that sort for a particular audience to buy, then people can't say "See nobody on Nintendo platfforms buy these games."
Then when the moment they DO drop them on a Nintendo platform, Nintendo's cheap hardware makes their version inferior so then people might go "See it's on there but nobody buying it!." Why would someone want to buy a last gen version of a game that looks like a large step below on a Nintendo platform?

The reason this hasn't happened is because EVERY gen Nintendo fukks it up making 3rd party games a waste of time for their platform.

N64: Cartridges

GC: Mini disc, controller(missing shoulder button, no real right analog stick), kiddy image etc.

Wii: Motion controls, inferior hardware thus making Wii versions inferior

Wii U: Inferior Hardware, low install base

Switch: Again inferior hardware. The fact that it's getting a 360 port of Skyrim says much.

It's always something holding them back from inferior hardware, inferior online MP, gimmicky controls, bad image etc.
The majority of people who are buying Nintendo consoles are either parents buying for kids or core gamers buying it as a second or third console. There are very few hardcore gamers that go out in a given generation and buy a Nintendo console and that's all they ride with.

Neither of these groups really cares about ports of AAA third party games. Maybe you're different but a Nintendo console is my third console and I buy all my multi-platform console games on PlayStation hardware and sometimes on PC. Even if Nintendo and Sony were equal I'd still buy on PlayStation hardware. I only get Microsoft and Nintendo hardware for exclusive titles.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The majority of people who are buying Nintendo consoles are either parents buying for kids or core gamers buying it as a second or third console. There are very few hardcore gamers that go out in a given generation and buy a Nintendo console and that's all they ride with.

Neither of these groups really cares about ports of AAA third party games. Maybe you're different but a Nintendo console is my third console and I buy all my multi-platform console games on PlayStation hardware and sometimes on PC. Even if Nintendo and Sony were equal I'd still buy on PlayStation hardware. I only get Microsoft and Nintendo hardware for exclusive titles.
u not listening

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Bro the only reason it's like that is cause Nintendo themselves been fukkin up so long they MADE it like that. Just answer one question for me. Their last REAL console success. SNES. Was it only for kids and parents? U gotta understand bro. Ever since they had the dumb idea of going cartridge rather than disc for the N64. They been dependent on their 1st party games. They was lucky with the Wii cause of the novelty of the whole thing. They ain't catching that again and they still tryna recreate that. When in reality they should be tryna recreate the success of the SNES.