Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bro the only reason it's like that is cause Nintendo themselves been fukkin up so long they MADE it like that. Just answer one question for me. Their last REAL console success. SNES. Was it only for kids and parents? U gotta understand bro. Ever since they had the dumb idea of going cartridge rather than disc for the N64. They been dependent on their 1st party games. They was lucky with the Wii cause of the novelty of the whole thing. They ain't catching that again and they still tryna recreate that. When in reality they should be tryna recreate the success of the SNES.
Yeah it mostly was for kids and younger people back then. Many of us present day gamers were kids then. As we grew developers grew with us and the content became more mature and Nintendo more or less stayed the same.

How many serious gamers do you know who are in their 50s or above? 20 years or so from now do you still think you'll play video games? Wouldn't you say probably?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah it mostly was for kids and younger people back then. Many of us present day gamers were kids then. As we grew developers grew with us and the content became more mature and Nintendo more or less stayed the same.

How many serious gamers do you know who are in their 50s or above? 20 years or so from now do you still think you'll play video games? Wouldn't you say probably?
Son Street Fighter 2 by itself shyts on that theory bro. Plenty of adults fukked wit SNES u gotta be kidding me fam. Not even gonna mention shyt like Mortal Kombat 2, Chrono Trigger etc etc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Son Street Fighter 2 by itself shyts on that theory bro. Plenty of adults fukked wit SNES u gotta be kidding me fam. Not even gonna mention shyt like Mortal Kombat 2, Chrono Trigger etc etc.
Those fighters were in arcades too and started out there. I'm not saying adults didn't play games back then but it was probably way more kids than adults. back then video game consoles were lumped in the toys section of catalogs and shyt. These days they get their own dedicated section of advertisements or they get put with electronics.

the average gamer these days is barely in their early 30s. I don't know about you but I don't know many people in their mid to late 40s to early 50s. the people who would have been young adults back when Street Fighter II came out that even play games or care about them.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I'm honestly glad I went with the red and blue SKU looking at it live in action. Actually looks really nice even with the mismatching colors.

All the hands on impressions has been saying that ARMS game is piff and you can play it without the motion controls:leon:
Now that I know you don't need motion controls, they got my interest. Maybe not at full price, but if it was like a $40 title I'd probably buy it.
I don't mind the motion controls if it was just me playing but how obviously for multiplayer I'm looking for regular controls cause extra JoyCons are 80 fukking dollars

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Those fighters were in arcades too and started out there. I'm not saying adults didn't play games back then but it was probably way more kids than adults. back then video game consoles were lumped in the toys section of catalogs and shyt. These days they get their own dedicated section of advertisements or they get put with electronics.

the average gamer these days is barely in their early 30s. I don't know about you but I don't know many people in their mid to late 40s to early 50s. the people who would have been young adults back when Street Fighter II came out that even play games or care about them.
Bro there was plenty of adults playing those fighting games back then on console. I've had every single console since the original NES. shyt my pops and my uncle had tecmo bowl and super tecmo bowl tournaments like every weekends. Adults def played those consoles.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm listening. If Nintendo is equal to Sony hardware wise I'm still buying my games on Sony hardware and still buying Sony hardware. There's almost nothing Nintendo can do to become my first or even second choice of console.
so if nintendo was equal why would you buy sony? if they both had the same multi plat games, BUT.. nintendo had next gen nintendo exclusives

that would then boil down to exclusives

are you saying sony exclusives are better than nintendo exclusives?

and at least if nintendo had the power of ps4, at least someone could just have a nintendo console and no others. as it stands no one can have a nintendo console by itself.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this is where i gotta tell you to stop

either you're to young to remember, or just lying

i knew 40 year olds buying snes to play street fighter, and star fox. breh chill

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this is where i gotta tell you to stop

either you're to young to remember, or just lying

i knew 40 year olds buying snes to play street fighter, and star fox. breh chill
No I'm not. Go look it up. The average gamer today is around my age. Its because people in my age group who grew up with gaming are the main ones playing.

If what you're saying is as common as you'd like to portray where are all these present day gamers in their late 40s to early 50s?

Maybe you're too young to remember when video games were relegated to the toys section in retail stores and in all their advertising materials.

Now typically if you go in a store video games are nowhere near toys anymore. Why do you think we had all those cartoon character mascot platformers back in the day? Aero the Acrobat, Bubbsy the Bobcat ect?

Even until the PS2 era something like GTA 3 was shocking to people. Today games are so widely accepted as adult recreation that stuff like GTA people aren't even phased by. The PS2 era ushered in the gamers are mostly adults now era.