Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Im with you in that Nintendo needs to create games that Sony and Microsoft owners want to play Like A Nintendo Uncharted and A nintendo GOW.

Im with you that a big problem with Nintendo is that they have a kiddie image that hinders the kind of games 3rd parties port over to the system.

But even if they fixed those 2 problems the system will not gain much traction without sports and FPS.

Why make an underpowered $299 console tho?

And everyone on this last page is saying the same thing. Nintendo needs to be going after hardcore gamers not casuals
I will buy weaker hardware if it has games I want on it which is why I'm buying a Switch. I want to play Zelda, Mario, and Xenoblade. I'm sure Nintendo will make other games I want.

Nintendo's problem is those franchises no longer appeal to the mass market as a whole. They need games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Halo, and Gears and at first Nintendo will have to produce those titles themselves. Third party developers are not leaders they're followers. Someone has to pave the way.

The type of games third party companies make that get popular Nintendo needs to produce games like that on their own and do it consistently to attract these buyers at first. There can't be a random Metroid or an random Eternal Darkness in a sea of mostly family friendly titles. Money talks more than all the console power stuff yall are talking. If Nintendo consistently makes mature titles and they begin to consistently sell then developers are gonna wanna tap that audience and they'll build those games to whatever spec it takes to get that money.

Regardless of the specs Nintendo needs to produce an audience that third party developers feel comfortable catering to. Nintendo puts out a platform and the majority of the games that do well on it are Nintendo produced. Every now and then you get a Professor Layton or Ace Attorney but most third party games struggle to sell on Nintendo hardware.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will buy weaker hardware if it has games I want on it which is why I'm buying a Switch. I want to play Zelda, Mario, and Xenoblade. I'm sure Nintendo will make other games I want.

Nintendo's problem is those franchises no longer appeal to the mass market as a whole. They need games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Halo, and Gears and at first Nintendo will have to produce those titles themselves. Third party developers are not leaders they're followers. Someone has to pave the way.

The type of games third party companies make that get popular Nintendo needs to produce games like that on their own and do it consistently to attract these buyers at first. There can't be a random Metroid or an random Eternal Darkness in a sea of mostly family friendly titles. Money talks more than all the console power stuff yall are talking. If Nintendo consistently makes mature titles and they begin to consistently sell then developers are gonna wanna tap that audience and they'll build those games to whatever spec it takes to get that money.

Regardless of the specs Nintendo needs to produce an audience that third party developers feel comfortable catering to. Nintendo puts out a platform and the majority of the games that do well on it are Nintendo produced. Every now and then you get a Professor Layton or Ace Attorney but most third party games struggle to sell on Nintendo hardware.
you're not understanding,

Nintendo have to forget trying to please casuals
make a console of the time, not an outdated console like wii u and switch
have multi plat games

you do know the switch is going to fail right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

all these dudes is saying is that why would this "audience" you're talking about get games for the Nintendo platform we're talking about if the games that are made for it in comparison to PS4 and even Xbox 1 are super downgraded?

When Gamecube was out and had some multiplatform games, some folks bought them because it was right in the middle. I remember I bought NBA Street Vol 2 on GC because it was better than the PS2 version. NBA 2K, NFL 2K etc. If Nintendo had the online figured out, great modern hardware with minimal gimmicks, the audience that owns Nintendo platforms would switch it up and buy games on there. You can't say the Nintendo fans aren't interested in those third party games so why make them because.. they never had the choice to buy a good quality port. It's been damn near 15 years since Nintendo had a platform with comparable specs to the competition. Nintendo keeps gambling on gimmicks and being different.. well why don't they "gamble" on a modern spec'd system and see how it does??

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel like I'm gonna be alone on this but honestly, i wouldn't mind some follow ups of original Wii titles returned for the Switch. As much as I would absolutely love for the Switch to get all of the annual big budget AAA games that y'all say you'll never buy another one and then go out and buy them anyway, it's probably not going to get them all or if at all.

Capcom: Yo, Make a new goddamn Zack and Wiki, or if RE7 ain't coming, can we at least see a return of RE Chronicles series since the series is 1st person now? And since JRPGs are gonna find a home on the Switch can we get a new (REAL) Breath of Fire?

Square: If mainline FF games on the Switch isn't feasible, can we at least get a new Crystal Chronicles in this bytch? it's time for a new one. The Switch is gonna have an emphasis on online (can't wait to see how that turns out :francis:) and local multiplayer, there's no excuse to not make another one, you fukkers greenlighted a sequel to Nier for Christ sake.:stopitslime:

Nintendo: Out of all the series you can bring back, it's time for a new Warioware, like c'mon the Joycons literally call for it, it's a no brainer if I ever saw one. Oh and a 2D Metroid, DUH.

fukkKonami: We hate you already, but since you SEEM to be making games again, it really wouldn't hurt to bring back Contra, right?

Sega: House of the Dead Overkill sequel plz?:feedme:

Treasure: If you're still alive, the streets would love a new Sin and Punishment.

Rockstar: Yeah, yeah I'm well aware this isn't gonna happen at all but Bully 2: The College years would be dope.

Atlus: Two words, Trauma Center.

Those are just from the top of my head.

Come to think of it, the Wii low key had some piff on there. I need to revisit that console.:patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamestop is doing a trade in bonus towards the Switch.
-------------------------

Did last week's Nintendo Switch presentation convince you it's time to switch things up (let me have this pun)? Gamers can bring in their old consoles, anything from an old Nintendo Wii to even the PlayStation VR you received last Christmas to video game retailer Gamestop for trade-in offers towards the Nintendo Switch. That said, Gamestop will be offering an extra bonus for its PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro members that are trading in their console or device.

For standard PowerUp Rewards members, a Wii U, Xbox One, PS4 console or a PS VR system trade-in towards a Nintendo Switch pre-order will get an extra $50 store credit towards Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid. A trade-in from a Nintendo WIi or Nintendo 3DS yields an extra $20. Meanwhile, PowerUp Rewards Pro members will receive $75 of store credit for the current-gen consoles and an extra $30 for trading in a Wii or 3DS.

The GameStop PowerUp Rewards membership is available for free, but gamers that wish to enjoy Pro tier rewards must pay an annual membership fee of $15 a year.

For a better understanding of the trade-in values, check out the chart below. For informational purposes, we added the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S 2TB consoles into the list, but I'm sure we all agree the trade in value isn't a very good deal considering the steep retail prices the half-step consoles demand. That said, the maximum $275 trade-in reward practically pays for the Nintendo Switch in its entirety.

nintendo-switch-trade.png

--------------------------

Mulling over it but I could trade in my Wii U and some of my games towards it. I know i know no games no nothing but I honestly do not play my Wii U. I literally haven't booted it up in months maybe. I let my cousin borrow it so she could watch movies on it.
If I could offload it and my games towards the Switch and Zelda then :manny:. I know I would've gotten the Switch by the end of the year for Mario.

I'll check it out tomorrow Worst case scenario it'll collect dust like other shyt I bought until something compelling comes out.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
More diversity in the library is always better imo.
So, yeah, I hope 3rd parties get on board with the Switch instead of this cautious approach shyt.
Also, looks like Switch owners might have another reason to pick up that absurdly priced Hori Switch Arcade Stick

Blazblue on the Switch :whoo:
But what game will it be? Central Fiction?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
More diversity in the library is always better imo.
So, yeah, I hope 3rd parties get on board with the Switch instead of this cautious approach shyt.
Also, looks like Switch owners might have another reason to pick up that absurdly priced Hori Switch Arcade Stick

Blazblue on the Switch :whoo:
But what game will it be? Central Fiction?

Whichever is the latest ver or whatever new ver is coming out. Forgot how many ver's there have been in such a short time :yeshrug::

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gamestop is doing a trade in bonus towards the Switch.
-------------------------

Did last week's Nintendo Switch presentation convince you it's time to switch things up (let me have this pun)? Gamers can bring in their old consoles, anything from an old Nintendo Wii to even the PlayStation VR you received last Christmas to video game retailer Gamestop for trade-in offers towards the Nintendo Switch. That said, Gamestop will be offering an extra bonus for its PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro members that are trading in their console or device.

For standard PowerUp Rewards members, a Wii U, Xbox One, PS4 console or a PS VR system trade-in towards a Nintendo Switch pre-order will get an extra $50 store credit towards Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid. A trade-in from a Nintendo WIi or Nintendo 3DS yields an extra $20. Meanwhile, PowerUp Rewards Pro members will receive $75 of store credit for the current-gen consoles and an extra $30 for trading in a Wii or 3DS.

The GameStop PowerUp Rewards membership is available for free, but gamers that wish to enjoy Pro tier rewards must pay an annual membership fee of $15 a year.

For a better understanding of the trade-in values, check out the chart below. For informational purposes, we added the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S 2TB consoles into the list, but I'm sure we all agree the trade in value isn't a very good deal considering the steep retail prices the half-step consoles demand. That said, the maximum $275 trade-in reward practically pays for the Nintendo Switch in its entirety.

nintendo-switch-trade.png

--------------------------

Mulling over it but I could trade in my Wii U and some of my games towards it. I know i know no games no nothing but I honestly do not play my Wii U. I literally haven't booted it up in months maybe. I let my cousin borrow it so she could watch movies on it.
If I could offload it and my games towards the Switch and Zelda then :manny:. I know I would've gotten the Switch by the end of the year for Mario.

I'll check it out tomorrow Worst case scenario it'll collect dust like other shyt I bought until something compelling comes out.
I'll keep my Wii U especially since the Switch isn't BC.

Ronald

Daps
I feel like I'm gonna be alone on this but honestly, i wouldn't mind some follow ups of original Wii titles returned for the Switch. As much as I would absolutely love for the Switch to get all of the annual big budget AAA games that y'all say you'll never buy another one and then go out and buy them anyway, it's probably not going to get them all or if at all.

Capcom: Yo, Make a new goddamn Zack and Wiki, or if RE7 ain't coming, can we at least see a return of RE Chronicles series since the series is 1st person now? And since JRPGs are gonna find a home on the Switch can we get a new (REAL) Breath of Fire?

Square: If mainline FF games on the Switch isn't feasible, can we at least get a new Crystal Chronicles in this bytch? it's time for a new one. The Switch is gonna have an emphasis on online (can't wait to see how that turns out :francis:) and local multiplayer, there's no excuse to not make another one, you fukkers greenlighted a sequel to Nier for Christ sake.:stopitslime:

Nintendo: Out of all the series you can bring back, it's time for a new Warioware, like c'mon the Joycons literally call for it, it's a no brainer if I ever saw one. Oh and a 2D Metroid, DUH.

fukkKonami: We hate you already, but since you SEEM to be making games again, it really wouldn't hurt to bring back Contra, right?

Sega: House of the Dead Overkill sequel plz?:feedme:

Treasure: If you're still alive, the streets would love a new Sin and Punishment.

Rockstar: Yeah, yeah I'm well aware this isn't gonna happen at all but Bully 2: The College years would be dope.

Atlus: Two words, Trauma Center.

Those are just from the top of my head.

Come to think of it, the Wii low key had some piff on there. I need to revisit that console.:patrice:

Konami brought back Bomberman, anything is possible

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong, but things are looking kind of :patrice:with this one. $250 for an under powered Mario machine? Can't see that making a lot of cheddar.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Reggie Fils-Aime Briefly Addresses Topic Of Carrying Over Online Purchases To Switch

It's fair to say that if you're a Wii, Wii U or 3DS owner, then you've probably dropped a few coins on download software for one (or perhaps all three) of those consoles. With the Wii U and 3DS, Nintendo made everyone start from scratch when it came to Virtual Console titles, despite the fact that many of the same games were re-released on these consoles.

If you have an Android or iOS device then you'll already know that every purchase you make is retained and can be downloaded any new device you buy free of charge - Sony has a similar system on its gaming systems, with certain games being available for download across PSP, PS Vita, PS3 and PS4, depending on software support.

Given this background, the question of how Nintendo will handle historical purchases on Switch is a hot one, and the good news is that Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime says that he recognises this as a concern, and that more news is on the way prior to launch.

Speaking to Wired, he said:

Wired: I hear from a lot of people like me who've spent a thousand dollars on classic games on Wii and Wii U…

Fils-Aime: That's a lot of money.

Wired: It is a lot of money! Is there going to be a discount for us if we buy the games again on Switch?

Fils-Aime: What I would say first is, we recognize that some of our most passionate fans have spent quite a bit, whether it's with Virtual Console on Wii or Wii U, and we recognize that consumers are rightly concerned about moving to Nintendo Switch without backward compatibility. My comment is: Stay tuned, we understand the concern, more information to come.

There's 40-some odd days between now and launch. There are more details to come. And at that point we'll be able to define all of those various details of that online experience.

this fukkers expect people to either rebuy them shyts again or charge an upgrade fee like they did for the Wii-U transfer

If they had something easier in place like logging into an account and downloading, they'd say something...not this vague bullshyt they always do

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

this fukkers expect people to either rebuy them shyts again or charge an upgrade fee like they did for the Wii-U transfer

If they had something easier in place like logging into an account and downloading, they'd say something...not this vague bullshyt they always do

was there anyone who wasn't expectin nintendo to pull that shyt. :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll keep my Wii U especially since the Switch isn't BC.
Meh I don't care about BC on the Switch that much. I literally haven't played anything on the Wii U according to the daily log in six months. Even before that I think it was used mainly by my cousin for watching Netflix or she must've booted up a game for a few minutes. I literally went a year or so without playing anything on the Wii U really.