Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're not listening

even if every 3rd party dev wanted to devlope for the switch... they COULDNT DUE TO THE HARDWARE NOT BEING CAPABLE.
Nintendo being the third wheel of the Microsoft Sony console style doesn't work and never will. The market isn't large enough to support 3 makers in the same lane.

And what you're saying is false because 3rd parties could develop for the switch just as Nintendo develops for it. They would just have to build experiences to target that hardware which would be worth it if Nintendo could show proof that their audience will buy that stuff.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo being the third wheel of the Microsoft Sony console style doesn't work and never will. The market isn't large enough to support 3 makers in the same lane.

And what you're saying is false because 3rd parties could develop for the switch just as Nintendo develops for it. They would just have to build experiences to target that hardware which would be worth it if Nintendo could show proof that their audience will buy that stuff.
you're not listening, read this slowly please breh

3rd parties LITERALLY CAN-NOT PORT OVER THE GAMES THEY'RE MAKING FOR XBOX AND PS4

witcher3 could NEVER be on switch unless they hired a dev team to super downgrade the game,

gta 5 could never be on the switch and that's over 3 years old

do you get where im coming from breh?

if the switch had modern tech at least devs could port over titles. now they can't

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're not listening, read this slowly please breh

3rd parties LITERALLY CAN-NOT PORT OVER THE GAMES THEY'RE MAKING FOR XBOX AND PS4

witcher3 could NEVER be on switch unless they hired a dev team to super downgrade the game,

gta 5 could never be on the switch and that's over 3 years old

do you get where im coming from breh?

if the switch had modern tech at least devs could port over titles. now they can't
I'm not talking about ports. I'm talking about new games built in mind with the Switch's specs. Those new games could be multi-platform or could be content that's exclusive to the Switch.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They're competing for the same buyers. Only X amount of people are buying Call of Duty and if they can play it on the PS4 with their friends then they have no need to play it on the Switch.
And nether X amount of people or their friends are gonna ever trade in their ps4 and make the switch to play downgraded versions of those same games
Nintendo needs exclusive content to bring those buyers back to them. Once you get the dude bro shooter to buy a Nintendo console in large enough numbers then when the ports come they go "oh I can play these games all on one system so why do I need these other ones?"
your not understanding the issue, even if Nintendo dropped multiple exclusives aimed at that audience, they will never look at the ports and think "oh I can play these games all on one system so why do I need these other ones?" If those games arent the same quality as X1 and ps4. They will always have the problem of people only buying Nintendo games and ignoring everything else, thus developer will never see a need to spend money creating exclusives and most importantly, PORTS.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And nether X amount of people or their friends are gonna ever trade in their ps4 and make the switch to play downgraded versions of those same games
your not understanding the issue, even if Nintendo dropped multiple exclusives aimed at that audience, they will never look at the ports and think "oh I can play these games all on one system so why do I need these other ones?" If those games arent the same quality as X1 and ps4. They will always have the problem of people only buying Nintendo games and ignoring everything else, thus developer will never see a need to spend money creating exclusives and most importantly, PORTS.
Say Nintendo builds this hypothetical piece of hardware that's the same specs as the PS4 and XBO. So what? If Nintendo's audience isn't interested in buying those games what good does the potential for a bunch of ports do them? The people buying Nintendo consoles are typically buying it as a second or third console. They don't need ports of games they already own on other consoles. There's also no reason for them to throw those other consoles in the bushes.

Nintendo is at least smart enough to know that they can't play the game you expect them to try and play. They just aren't smart enough to know that chasing those super casual gamers that play free to play games on tablets and phones is a waste and they make crap like 1,2 Switch. I firmly believe Nintendo can make weaker hardware and still thrive if they cut out crap games like that and focus on making stuff actual gamers want to play.

Zelda Breath of the Wild looks great to me. I have no complaints even if weaker hardware is producing it. Make more games like that and less games like Arms and 1,2 Switch.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking about ports. I'm talking about new games built in mind with the Switch's specs. Those new games could be multi-platform or could be content that's exclusive to the Switch.
you not listening breh and I don't know why

a console cannot be successful if 3rd party games which are on al consoles ie call of duty, battlefield, etc are not on the console

you cant win or even be successful if 3rd parties only make games specifically for your console, you have to have games which are on the other platforms. not sure why you can't comprehend this?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say Nintendo builds this hypothetical piece of hardware that's the same specs as the PS4 and XBO. So what? If Nintendo's audience isn't interested in buying those games what good does the potential for a bunch of ports do them? The people buying Nintendo consoles are typically buying it as a second or third console. They don't need ports of games they already own on other consoles. There's also no reason for them to throw those other consoles in the bushes.

Nintendo is at least smart enough to know that they can't play the game you expect them to try and play. They just aren't smart enough to know that chasing those super casual gamers that play free to play games on tablets and phones is a waste and they make crap like 1,2 Switch. I firmly believe Nintendo can make weaker hardware and still thrive if they cut out crap games like that and focus on making stuff actual gamers want to play.

Zelda Breath of the Wild looks great to me. I have no complaints even if weaker hardware is producing it. Make more games like that and less games like Arms and 1,2 Switch.
the last great Nintendo console was SNES

and guess what that was heavily supported by 3rd parties and was crazy powerful

the console before that... NES, super successful all my friends had it, I didn't know one person that didn't have a NES once again loads of multi plat games

Nintendo started going downhill once multi plat games stopped aka N64,3rd parties jumped of due to shytty cart games, the same happened with gamecube... no support due to when it was released mid gen and poor optical media,

breh just look

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the last great Nintendo console was SNES

and guess what that was heavily supported by 3rd parties and was crazy powerful

the console before that... NES, super successful all my friends had it, I didn't know one person that didn't have a NES once again loads of multi plat games

Nintendo started going downhill once multi plat games stopped aka N64,3rd parties jumped of due to shytty cart games, the same happened with gamecube... no support due to when it was released mid gen and poor optical media,

breh just look
That audience left them. The console market is only so big and the PS4 buyers are comfortable with what they have. The market shifts from company to company. Last generation Microsoft had more customers than they have this generation for example.

Why are gamers going to leave Sony and to a lesser extent Microsoft and go with Nintendo? It's not going to be for e bunch of ports of games they can already get on hardware they already have.

If Nintendo wants those buyers they have to make content that appeals to them that they can't get anywhere else and bring them over.

The stuff that happened in the SNES days doesn't compare to now. For one there was only two major players back then and secondly consoles are exponentially more powerful than they were back then.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That audience left them. The console market is only so big and the PS4 buyers are comfortable with what they have. The market shifts from company to company. Last generation Microsoft had more customers than they have this generation for example.

Why are gamers going to leave Sony and to a lesser extent Microsoft and go with Nintendo? It's not going to be for e bunch of ports of games they can already get on hardware they already have.

If Nintendo wants those buyers they have to make content that appeals to them that they can't get anywhere else and bring them over.

The stuff that happened in the SNES days doesn't compare to now. For one there was only two major players back then and secondly consoles are exponentially more powerful than they were back then.
the audience has not left them that's the thing, the audience is the same people who bought the 3ds and still buying it to this day. the audience is HERE and waiting for them to DELIVER. switch initial reveal youtube video is one of youtubes most viewed video of 2016 and you really got your fingers typing 'the audience isn't there' ?

why would gamers leave sony or MS? easy answer... because NINTENDO EXCLUSIVES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that's your answer, Nintendo exclusives are better than all the competition. Plus if they released a normal console, right now they could have released a machine on the same level of ps4 pro, so they would of not only had ports but would of had the best looking console games.

Nintendo is going to fail with the switch

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the audience has not left them that's the thing, the audience is the same people who bought the 3ds and still buying it to this day. the audience is HERE and waiting for them to DELIVER. switch initial reveal youtube video is one of youtubes most viewed video of 2016 and you really got your fingers typing 'the audience isn't there' ?

why would gamers leave sony or MS? easy answer... because NINTENDO EXCLUSIVES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that's your answer, Nintendo exclusives are better than all the competition. Plus if they released a normal console, right now they could have released a machine on the same level of ps4 pro, so they would of not only had ports but would of had the best looking console games.

Nintendo is going to fail with the switch
The audience is with Sony now. Sony has given them no reason to leave. Are you really trying to suggest people watching a video on YouTube for free equating to people actually spending money?

The GameCube was more powerful than what Sony had. The GameCube finished 3rd behind even the Xbox which was a new console at the time. The GameCube also had decent 3rd party support.

Nintendo's power is the perception of their brand not the power of their consoles. There have been several generations where the weakest console sold the most. The PS2 was the weakest console of it's generation excluding the Dreamcast and drastically outsold everything else.

A more powerful console doesn't change the perception of Nintendo's brand. It doesn't make Sony PlayStation brand loyalist suddenly turn on Sony either.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
you not listening breh and I don't know why

a console cannot be successful if 3rd party games which are on al consoles ie call of duty, battlefield, etc are not on the console

you cant win or even be successful if 3rd parties only make games specifically for your console, you have to have games which are on the other platforms. not sure why you can't comprehend this?
I've been saying this since the rumors.

if they don't have Madden,2k Battlefield and COD on their system with viable graphics and online you are not going to increase your user base.

I get what @winb83 is saying. Stop focusing on gimmicks and make games that people outside of hardcore Nintendo stans would be interested in

But you still need sports and FPS because a lot of gamers just buy systems for those games :manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

if they don't have Madden,2k Battlefield and COD on their system with viable graphics and online you are not going to increase your user base.
When Sony came into the market and rose to power they solved a problem that the market leader at the time created. Nintendo wouldn't evolve their tech in the direction the market wanted.

When Microsoft rose to prominence it was because the market leader at the time Sony was slow to the market and put out a box with an excessively high price.

When Sony rose back into dominance it was because Microsoft tried to dictate the direction of console gaming to always online digital only. Microsoft pissed off a large chunk of their customer base and the left them.

What I'm saying is major events trigger these swings. They don't just happen because somebody put out powerful hardware. People get entrenched in these ecosystems and they're comfortable there and aren't eager to switch sides.

Yall honestly think 56+ million behind Sony that Nintendo steps in and puts out a hardware clone of the PS4 and it will change everything? We don't need Nintendo's version of the PS4 with the same games we can already get on the PS4 we already own.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Say Nintendo builds this hypothetical piece of hardware that's the same specs as the PS4 and XBO. So what? If Nintendo's audience isn't interested in buying those games what good does the potential for a bunch of ports do them?
breh, there is a huge core gamer base that grew up on Nintendo and want to see them win. When rumors of this console being on par with x1 and PS4 leaked, people were fukking thrilled to possibly have a console that can give them the same shyt they love and Nintendo exclusives.

They just don't have the confidence to compete.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
When Sony came into the market and rose to power they solved a problem that the market leader at the time created. Nintendo wouldn't evolve their tech in the direction the market wanted.

When Microsoft rose to prominence it was because the market leader at the time Sony was slow to the market and put out a box with an excessively high price.

When Sony rose back into dominance it was because Microsoft tried to dictate the direction of console gaming to always online digital only. Microsoft pissed off a large chunk of their customer base and the left them.

What I'm saying is major events trigger these swings. They don't just happen because somebody put out powerful hardware. People get entrenched in these ecosystems and they're comfortable there and aren't eager to switch sides.

Yall honestly think 56+ million behind Sony that Nintendo steps in and puts out a hardware clone of the PS4 and it will change everything? We don't need Nintendo's version of the PS4 with the same games we can already get on the PS4 we already own.
Im with you in that Nintendo needs to create games that Sony and Microsoft owners want to play Like A Nintendo Uncharted and A nintendo GOW.

Im with you that a big problem with Nintendo is that they have a kiddie image that hinders the kind of games 3rd parties port over to the system.

But even if they fixed those 2 problems the system will not gain much traction without sports and FPS.

Why make an underpowered $299 console tho?

And everyone on this last page is saying the same thing. Nintendo needs to be going after hardcore gamers not casuals

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I get what @winb83 is saying. Stop focusing on gimmicks and make games that people outside of hardcore Nintendo stans would be interested in

But you still need sports and FPS because a lot of gamers just buy systems for those games :manny:
I don't get what people don't get