Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Can't compete making games with realistic graphics on weak hardware.

A Nintendo FPS on switch would probably look like an early PS3 game :huhldup:
Who said it had to look realistic?
Overwatch destroyed and that game is not particularly realistic or graphically impressive at all. In fact, if you had told me that was a Nintendo game I would've thought it was for sure. Nintendo should be looking to create something like that although at this point it would probably seem like a knockoff.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
if Nintendo just released a console with same power or bit more than ps4 xbox, but ensured it'd have 3rd party n Nintendo exclusives theyw ould have won. that's all that needed to happen
Nintendo's third party support is a chicken egg problem. The people in the market that want to get third party games can already get them on more powerful platforms so third parties aren't going to sink a ton of resources into making games on Nintendo platforms. In order for Nintendo to get more third party support they need to sell better and in order to sell better third party support would be helpful.

Major third party support is gone. It isn't coming back. If Nintendo wants their console to be a success they'll have to do all the heavy lifting on their own. This is why they need a brand to create games that exclusively target more mature gamers. Why does Rockstar put GTA on the Switch when Nintendo has created a culture that isn't as friendly to a game like that? Nintendo if they want that support has to create a culture of their systems being for core gamers and also having content that's family friendly.

When people talk about third party support what they're really looking at is for them to come along and fill up that gap that Nintendo really doesn't cater to. Nintendo makes games that are family friendly and if you're a core gamer and you're interested then good but if you aren't they don't really care.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who said it had to look realistic?
Overwatch destroyed and that game is not particularly realistic or graphically impressive at all. In fact, if you had told me that was a Nintendo game I would've thought it was for sure. Nintendo should be looking to create something like that although at this point it would probably seem like a knockoff.
Overwatch couldn't run on switch either.:francis:

And I didn't mean realistic like only COD. I ment not strait cartoon stuff like Mario.

They have splatoon which is their answer to a shooter.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Overwatch couldn't run on switch either.:francis:

And I didn't mean realistic like only COD. I ment not strait cartoon stuff like Mario.

They have splatoon which is their answer to a shooter.
And you know overwatch can't run on the Switch cause??? I would say the issue is that their online has been shyt but I'm not sure power would be an issue
The game really doesn't look that graphically intensive to me. With the art style, it kind of looks like a Nintendo game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And you know overwatch can't run on the Switch cause???
The game really doesn't look that graphically intensive to me. With the art style, it kind of looks like a Nintendo game.
The art style is cartoony but the graphical effects textures etc are not simple at all.

Minimum requirements for overwatch on PC are higher than what's in the switch. Especially when you consider all games have to be able to run in handheld mode.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nintendo's third party support is a chicken egg problem. The people in the market that want to get third party games can already get them on more powerful platforms so third parties aren't going to sink a ton of resources into making games on Nintendo platforms. In order for Nintendo to get more third party support they need to sell better and in order to sell better third party support would be helpful.

Major third party support is gone. It isn't coming back. If Nintendo wants their console to be a success they'll have to do all the heavy lifting on their own. This is why they need a brand to create games that exclusively target more mature gamers. Why does Rockstar put GTA on the Switch when Nintendo has created a culture that isn't as friendly to a game like that? Nintendo if they want that support has to create a culture of their systems being for core gamers and also having content that's family friendly.

When people talk about third party support what they're really looking at is for them to come along and fill up that gap that Nintendo really doesn't cater to. Nintendo makes games that are family friendly and if you're a core gamer and you're interested then good but if you aren't they don't really care.
The key is making a system comparable in hardware, so porting a multiplaform game is as easy and cheap as possible. But Nintendo has their head up their ass and keeps focusing on gimmicks to attract a consumer base that has moved on to tablets.

The price of this system(and the expensive ass add ons) is too steep to be the console parents buy their little kids like the wii was. And the hardware seems to be weaker than expected, which means developers may have to spend extra time and resources getting a game to run on it. Might even have to hire another studio to handle the port. Why would third parties even spend the resources on a system that might not even sell enough games to turn a profit?

If they just made a console that could play the games people mainly wanna play like call of duty and battlefield, in the same quality as the competition, and have their own exclusives, they'd sell consoles.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

you're not hearing me breh, 3rd party don't support Nintendo due to Nintendo having subpar tech. Nintendo need to release a powerful machine. A console can never be a success with only 1st party gamers, impossible.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The key is making a system comparable in hardware, so porting a multiplaform game is as easy and cheap as possible. But Nintendo has their head up their ass and keeps focusing on gimmicks to attract a consumer base that has moved on to tablets.

The price of this system(and the expensive ass add ons) is too steep to be the console parents buy their little kids like the wii was. And the hardware seems to be weaker than expected, which means developers may have to spend extra time and resources getting a game to run on it. Might even have to hire another studio to handle the port. Why would third parties even spend the resources on a system that might not even sell enough games to turn a profit?

If they just made a console that could play the games people mainly wanna play like call of duty and battlefield, in the same quality as the competition, and have their own exclusives, they'd sell consoles.
someone who gets it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

All my friends are playing Call of Duty on the PS4. Why would I buy it on the Switch when I can't play against the?. See the problem? People who want these multi-platform games can already get them. Nintendo getting those games means little to nothing.

Yall seem to think the days where people bought a Nintendo console and nothing else and were comfortable with that will come back. That's never going to happen again. You have to remember that it was the downfall of Nintendo that caused everyone to migrate. Unless Sony or Microsoft folds up they aren't coming back.

To some extent Microsoft built a portfolio of games like Halo and Gears that mature gamers flocked to so their console became a dude bro shooter box and to another extent games like Call of Duty became popular with the rise of Microsoft hardware. Nintendo if they want these gamers needs to create new IPs to target them and bring them back. They need to change the perception of what Nintendo hardware is. Otherwise PS4 owners are good where they're at.

Now if Nintendo creates games that the guy that buys Uncharted of Last of Us wants to play and people start buying their hardware and those games do numbers then EA looks at those results and reconsiders what games they put on Nintendo hardware. Ubisoft and Bethesda see there's an audience for more mature content and it sells well so they put the effort forth to move it over.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're not hearing me breh, 3rd party don't support Nintendo due to Nintendo having subpar tech. Nintendo need to release a powerful machine. A console can never be a success with only 1st party gamers, impossible.
It's just as much about the buyers who own Nintendo consoles. Many core gamers who buy a Nintendo console have it as a second or third console. The people who typically only buy a Nintendo console probably do so for their kids to play.

The audience just isn't there. We've seen it in the past when games like Madden and Assassin's Creed were ported to Nintendo consoles and didn't do numbers so Ubi and EA stopped.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Here's whats gonna happen because this has happened before:

The Switch will launch and sell reasonably well for the first few months, slightly better than the Wii U. (barring that it doesn't suffer from shortages, which it will because Nintendo loves artificial scarcity, word to the Wii and NES Classic.:francis:)

Then during the summer right around July and August after E3, the sales will slump.

Nintendo will see this and say "fukk, we can't let this die! The 3DS is retired by the end of this year and this is all we got from here on out!:damn:"

Nintendo will cut the price of the Switch from $299 to $200 for base and $250 with a pack in game for before the holiday season. (either Arms or MK8 Deluxe).

If my magic 8 ball and MJG CD case is correct, this will all happen and the Switch will start selling moderately ok, still being behind PS4 sales and maybe XB1 sales on it's worst day.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
All my friends are playing Call of Duty on the PS4. Why would I buy it on the Switch when I can't play against the?. See the problem? People who want these multi-platform games can already get them. Nintendo getting those games means little to nothing.

Yall seem to think the days where people bought a Nintendo console and nothing else and were comfortable with that will come back. That's never going to happen again. You have to remember that it was the downfall of Nintendo that caused everyone to migrate. Unless Sony or Microsoft folds up they aren't coming back.

To some extent Microsoft built a portfolio of games like Halo and Gears that mature gamers flocked to so their console became a dude bro shooter box and to another extent games like Call of Duty became popular with the rise of Microsoft hardware. Nintendo if they want these gamers needs to create new IPs to target them and bring them back. They need to change the perception of what Nintendo hardware is. Otherwise PS4 owners are good where they're at.

Now if Nintendo creates games that the guy that buys Uncharted of Last of Us wants to play and people start buying their hardware and those games do numbers then EA looks at those results and reconsiders what games they put on Nintendo hardware. Ubisoft and Bethesda see there's an audience for more mature content and it sells well so they put the effort forth to move it over.
The problem that your not seeing is the days of people buying a secondary Nintendo console just for Nintendo games is coming to an end.

Nobody is interested in noticeably downgraded games when they can have better on a cheaper system. Who's gonna buy skyrim in 25fps at 720p when the remaster is out on a cheaper system?

Nobody will ever take third party games serious on Nintendo hardware when they can play a vastly superior version of that game on other hardware.

Creating more mature games could help, old and new ips. Metroid could easily be developed as a mass effect type space explorer, Nintendo sits on the franchise.
The audience just isn't there. We've seen it in the past when games like Madden and Assassin's Creed were ported to Nintendo consoles and didn't do numbers so Ubi and EA stopped.
:gucci:

That's because the ported version's of those games were severely downgraded and laughable due to shytty aging hardware. It cost money to have a game entirely redesigned from the ground up Un shytty hardware. And nobody wants to buy the N64 version of assassins creed or madden with AOL quality online play.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

you're not listening

even if every 3rd party dev wanted to devlope for the switch... they COULDNT DUE TO THE HARDWARE NOT BEING CAPABLE.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nobody will ever take third party games serious on Nintendo hardware when they can play a vastly superior version of that game on other hardware.
They're competing for the same buyers. Only X amount of people are buying Call of Duty and if they can play it on the PS4 with their friends then they have no need to play it on the Switch.

Nintendo needs exclusive content to bring those buyers back to them. Once you get the dude bro shooter to buy a Nintendo console in large enough numbers then when the ports come they go "oh I can play these games all on one system so why do I need these other ones?"