Nintendo Switch Official Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why can't they target both crowds? Cartoon Network has Adult Swim. Nickelodeon has Nick at Night.
Money.

Failing at their own game is much cheaper(even mildly profitable) than failing at trying to compete with Sony/Microsoft
Again with the corny Stan comments. I said multiple times what I want is a solid release of Nintendo first party games. The Wii U went its entire life cycle without a Mario (64 type game), metroid, or a new Zelda game. Switch has the right Mario coming up, but one game isn't enough. It'll be a few years before this thing is worth buying. Why you keep bringing up battlefield is beyond me considering I've never hyped up those games as console sellers for me.
Ain't no Stan comments.

You just said PS4/X1 got a pass due to third party support and online I.E. they have games like battlefield.

I'm just using battlefield as an example of a popular third party game. You can type out all that stuff, but what you are saying really boils down to the switch not having games like battlefield.

Game support from Nintendo themselves for the first year is seemingly better than any console they've released.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Money.

Failing at their own game is much cheaper(even mildly profitable) than failing at trying to compete with Sony/Microsoft

Ain't no Stan comments.

You just said PS4/X1 got a pass due to third party support and online I.E. they have games like battlefield.

I'm just using battlefield as an example of a popular third party game. You can type out all that stuff, but what you are saying really boils down to the switch not having games like battlefield.

Game support from Nintendo themselves for the first year is seemingly better than any console they've released.
Targeting both simply involves making different software for different markets. Look at all the major kid friendly companies in media and you'll also see divisions that target adults in the same company.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Money.

Ain't no Stan comments.

Revy: I wish switch had normal controllers out the box, not rely on corny gimmicks, and had a solid schedule of Nintendo first party releases

Meach: Sounds like you wouldn't be happy unless they showed battlefield.
:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Targeting both simply involves making different software for different markets. Look at all the major kid friendly companies in media and you'll also see divisions that target adults in the same company.
No.

PS4/X1 gamers want PS4/X1 graphics and games with presentation values like uncharted.

That would cost Nintendo way to much money to pursue that, and people would probably still buy PS/Xbox over it.

The switch is their attempt at gaining a more mature audience. Notice all their trailers have adults playing the games not kids. They also have skyrim and FIFA coming. And they said Mario will be for the "hardcore" crowd.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Microsoft targeted both audiences by having Kinect, which Xbox stans claim was an incredible success and they use it everyday for their games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No.

PS4/X1 gamers want PS4/X1 graphics and games with presentation values like uncharted.

That would cost Nintendo way to much money to pursue that, and people would probably still buy PS/Xbox over it.

The switch is their attempt at gaining a more mature audience. Notice all their trailers have adults playing the games not kids. They also have skyrim and FIFA coming. And they said Mario will be for the "hardcore" crowd.
:laff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Revy: I wish switch had normal controllers out the box, not rely on corny gimmicks, and had a solid schedule of Nintendo first party releases

Meach: Sounds like you wouldn't be happy unless they showed battlefield.
:francis:
When I addressed this, you jumped on to talking about thirds party support.

It has the most normal/least gimicky controller since GameCube. Didn't see any waggle in Mario, Zelda, or splatoon.

Best first party first year lineup ever for a Nintendo console.

• Dap

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A regular controller I would have to pay an additional $60 for.
Why are you :cape: for another console you won't even play?
From what I've heard, the joycons on the grip are pretty much the same as the wiiu pro controller. The extra features are just icing on the cake really.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft targeted both audiences by having Kinect, which Xbox stans claim was an incredible success and they use it everyday for their games.
No Kinect was a more Wii style product. I mean make a label that makes games that mostly target adults and then have a label that makes games that are more family friendly.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if Nintendo just released a console with same power or bit more than ps4 xbox, but ensured it'd have 3rd party n Nintendo exclusives theyw ould have won. that's all that needed to happen

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No Kinect was a more Wii style product. I mean make a label that makes games that mostly target adults and then have a label that makes games that are more family friendly.
Funding Bayonetta and bringing back No More Heroes was a good sign but I agree they need their own original adult ips. Nintendo should have their own FPS ip at this point

From what I've heard, the joycons on the grip are pretty much the same as the wiiu pro controller. The extra features are just icing on the cake really.

Yeah, all reports are that it feels comfy to hold and play with. All those extra features drive the price way the fukk up though and guarantee I'll never be getting any more than what come with the box. Pro Controller or 3rd party controllers for me. There doesn't seem to be as many 3rd parties making controllers as before

Last edited:
  • Dap
Daps
I'm not sure what people expected with the price? You always knew that with the touch screen and the Joy-Cons the tech in this thing would push the price up. You can talk about how the PS4 or Xbox One are only $250 these days but guess what, you also don't get to play your PS4/Xbox One on the go or take the shyt to your friend's house and play local multiplayer like it's nothing. Plus look at the Joy-Cons themselves. Them shyts got motion sensors, an IR reader and HD Rumble, plus an Amiibo reader inside of the goddamn analog sticks. That's a lot of fukking technology on top of the fact that they're basically two small controllers that can be put together to form a single controller.

Most people only seem to think that graphics make the price (or justify it), but damn people, think a bit further.

full

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Funding Bayonetta and bringing back No More Heroes was a good sign but I agree they need their own original adult ips. Nintendo should have their own FPS ip at this point
Can't compete making games with realistic graphics on weak hardware.

A Nintendo FPS on switch would probably look like an early PS3 game :huhldup: