Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo needs to go software only. Pokémon Go is an example of success theyes would have. Over 100 million smartphones out there.. millions of pc, Playstation, Xbox gamers.. They need to change with the times.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should make Breath of the Wild an NX exclusive. Would give people more incentive to buy the NX. A 3D HD remake of Pokemon Red/Blue on the console would be another great idea.

They also need to strengthen their relationships with Square/Namco/Capcom/Konami/Sega/etc. Get some 3rd party support. Remember Tales of Symphonia for the game cube? Game wasn't even all that but it sold millions.

...........But on the other side of the coin. There isn't a need/demand for a dedicated handheld gaming device. People have smartphones and tablets. They don't want to carry around an additional device. And as for the console market, Sony is dominating that. I'm not 100% sure Nintendo can win no matter what they do hardware-wise.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:russell:Sorry Nintendo if this is true

Multiple sources, including the WSJ, are all vouching Eurogamer. So all signs point to it being true with missing details.

And speaking of details:
Nintendo NX: The pros and cons of a transforming portable

Early online speculation about pricing for the NX expects it to be cheaper than current consoles, but from what we’ve heard it’s going to be cheaper than even the vast majority expect.This is a machine that is targeting the mass market, and Nintendo certainly plans for it to have a mass market price. Price is one Wii U mistake Nintendo is determined not to repeat. This could be NX's single biggest win.

If this is priced accordingly...:patrice:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Price is one thing. But they need to make their platform easier to develop for as well. If it uses a bizarre architecture then no one is going to want to make games for it.

And overall marketing. Nintendo has to make it crystal clear about what this thing is to the mass market. Especially in the US where the casuals aren't exactly the brightest.

They cannot screw that up again and I really hope they drop the Wii and DS brand.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And overall marketing. Nintendo has to make it crystal clear about what this thing is to the mass market. Especially in the US where the casuals aren't exactly the brightest.

They cannot screw that up again and I really hope they drop the Wii and DS brand.

Yeah you're absolutely right. People were confused as to what the Wii U was supposed to be.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
6CzLmNh.png
Instead of focusing our attention solely on hardware, we should really be having a discussion about NX’s software. Based on things I’ve heard, I am 100% confident that the NX’s software output will blow away the Wii U’s software output (which was never impressive to begin with). In a single year, the NX will build a larger library of games than Wii U produced in three or four years.

This isn’t some hyperbolic statement. This isn’t speculation nor blind optimism. These aren’t my personal fan wishes either. Furthermore, my negative feelings toward the Wii U have zero influence on any of the information mentioned below.

Here is what I’ve been told by my sources close to Nintendo:

• The big fundamental focal point (and overall goal) behind NX is to vastly increase the software output from Nintendo’s first party teams and studios.
  • To accomplish this, the entire process of how Nintendo develops and produces software has gone through radical changes.
  • There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate.
  • Multiple unannounced Wii U projects were moved over to NX.
  • The NX could potentially see the highest output of first party software in the company’s history. (I’m talking about the entire lifespan of NX. Not just one or two years.)

This move is gonna have blassics dropping monthly on some PS1 shyt :wow: