Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Having read all the specs I'm not a mad at this. A portable XBox/PS4 level system with all of Nintendo's IP could be fire. If it scales up nicely on tv I might be interested :jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The NX will 100% have a camera included so at the least it is compatible with Pokémon Go...

Did you even read the OP?

You smoking on dat glass dikk KS? :wtf:

Its this wonderful device bruh, it has PS4 type of games but its a handheld. You can stream PS4 games to it from anywhere. So you can be on the beach, and instead of enjoying the fun in the sun? You can be playing Knack (sure it'll be a lowered resolution lag fest, but its about options)

SHUT THE fukk UP

What you said makes a lot of sense. Then I remembered that the 3DS is still selling very well, every child I come across usually has one. They have the entire market to themselves already.
Now they care combining that market with their failing console market. Makes the kids who rock with 3DS transition to their "console". Its very Microsoft of them :francis:

This is exactly what parents buy. Its exactly what fans of Nintendo would want. Not the "I have nostalgia" gamers, the actual gamers who continue to line Nintendo's pockets with bread
Your theory should apply to the rest of us, but does it? My backlog disagrees with you...
Go back and look at the DS numbers and compare them to the 3DS and realize the 3DS has sold 40% total of what the DS sold. Even the GBA has outsold the 3DS. The portable market is shrinking not growing. Hell add up all the Wii U sales and the 3DS sales and they still don't add up to the GBA.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

The Tegra X2 chip sounds really good for the NX. I'd hope it's that. PS4/Larrybox performance for the mobile device would be :wow:
Local Multiplayer in a portable console is a genius move by Nintendo. Faith restored. Why? Cause I can't play local multplayer games like I used to back in the day. Sony and Microsoft don't give a fukk about everyone else in the room wanting to play together, but it looks like Nintendo does. Sony and Microsoft too busy stuck on online multiplayer. Gone are the days of two or four player great racing and shooting games.

With NX, I no longer have to rely on using my iPad Pro for local multiplayer gaming. I have to use RetroArch on iOS and two bluetooth controllers to play local Playstation 1, Nintendo 64, SNES, Genesis, Nintendo and Arcade games. http://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-emulation-setup.388478/

And although that setup is a pain-in-the-ass the benefits are very rewarding and I can virtually play anyone, anywhere. But it still gets expensive considering how much an iPad costs and two bluetooth controllers. The NX will be a much cheaper solution with better looking games.

Imagine when the nerd gods hack NX!!!

The emulation scene will eat.