Nintendo breaks record for highest operating profit earned in a fiscal year by a console maker

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
No cap, if Nintendo doesn't outright kill the Switch even if the successor is out, I can see it reaching the PS2 lifetime sales or get really close to it.

The thing with the Switch is that since Animal Crossing there haven't been many offerings. (Yes we did have Xenoblade and Bravely Default II, but JRPG's typically don't appeal to the masses) I feel like there is a reason why almost nothing big is coming out for the Switch relatively soon.

There has to either be a new Switch revision or maybe a Switch 2.0 coming out by next year. This is just a guess by me because even when Nintendo didn't release anything besides Let's Go and Smash they bounced back quickly in 2019.

I mean No More Heroes is coming out, but it still feels weird that nothing significant has dropped in over 14 months.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The thing with the Switch is that since Animal Crossing there haven't been many offerings. (Yes we did have Xenoblade and Bravely Default II, but JRPG's typically don't appeal to the masses) I feel like there is a reason why almost nothing big is coming out for the Switch relatively soon.

There has to either be a new Switch revision or maybe a Switch 2.0 coming out by next year. This is just a guess by me because even when Nintendo didn't release anything besides Let's Go and Smash they bounced back quickly in 2019.

I mean No More Heroes is coming out, but it still feels weird that nothing significant has dropped in over 14 months.

NMH might do 800k

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Good for them. They still basic IMO. Switch is cool but nothing I’ve played has made me come back. (Oddessy, BotW, Mario Kart, Smash, and Astral Chain). Games are well made but just don’t grab me.

The thing is people you like and me still buy those games, and kids buy them, and grandmas play them, and women who don’t play video games play them, etc. Not only are people in the same house hold buying multiples of the same game (animal crossing pretty much forces you to) they are buying multiple consoles. There are families with 3-4 switches in a household. Sony and Microsoft cannot sell more than two consoles per house due to the nature of needing to be hooked up to tv’s.

Nintendo actively enforces people buying multiples of everything they put out. I mean, it’s genius even though i low key hate them for it.

We also have to take into account that Nintendo is a GAMING company. Sony is an entertainment company and Microsoft is a tech company. Nintendos only means for profit it to sell a shyt load of consoles and 1st party software which is why the industry doesnt hold their feet to the fire when they do things like this

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Switch selling like crazy , and i still haven't met a person with a switch in real life.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
man, for all this 'business' talk... its wild how MVP is completely unrecognizable

minimal viable product. and because gaming coverage is clownshoes, nintendo gets away with calling their low tier effort and open sham strategy unique and founded in simplicity or whatever else people refer to it as.

I don't believe anybody is calling that unique. More so how they execute their form of entertainment.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Can we get a Zelda collection and Metroid collection already.