Nintendo breaks record for highest operating profit earned in a fiscal year by a console maker

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Honestly, it probably wouldn’t make a difference.

People don’t buy Nintendo’s for the same reason they buy playstations or Xbox’s
that makes no fukkin sense :mjtf:

if nintendo laid out a pokemon framework similar to something even on the level of a diablo 2/battle.net set up, they'd be swimming in even more money. and its not like they don't have active reach on the mobile gaming front. they're successful there but don't recreate that success or even have it effectively link with their primary gaming front

"people don't buy because"

ppl buy shyt they want to buy or have to buy.
They just updated their online infrastructure. Mh rise is the first switch game to make use of it

They're still very far behind Microsoft and Sony on that front though
its absurd far behind they are and they don't even have to care :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that makes no fukkin sense :mjtf:

if nintendo laid out a pokemon framework similar to something even on the level of a diablo 2/battle.net set up, they'd be swimming in even more money. and its not like they don't have active reach on the mobile gaming front. they're successful there but don't recreate that success or even have it effectively link with their primary gaming front

"people don't buy because"

ppl buy shyt they want to buy or have to buy.

its absurd far behind they are and they don't even have to care :dead:

Do you think they are gonna sell 10 million more copies of pokemon because of a more robust online infrastructure? The game sold almost 22 million copies. Its gonna soon eclipse gold and silver as the 2nd highest selling game in the franchise.

Why do you think nintendo needs to spend MORE money for something with negligible difference in sales?

I mean, unless you’re actively in favor of nintendo going the MTX/GACHA route with their games

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Do you think they are gonna sell 10 million more copies of pokemon because of a more robust online infrastructure? The game sold almost 22 million copies. Its gonna soon eclipse gold and silver as the 2nd highest selling game in the franchise.

Why do you think nintendo needs to spend MORE money for something with negligible difference in sales?

I mean, unless you’re actively in favor of nintendo going the MTX/GACHA route with their games
spend more to make more :leostare: now that's a peak gaming journalism take

you realize how many hoops people gotta go through to just add a friend on switch compared to other systems right? how there's no sharing aspects that are comparable to other systems? online lobbies some shyt from the myspace era?

how much money you think goes into the design and upkeep of a PSO2 quality hub zone? :leostare: you think nintendo can't afford that? you think pokemon fans wouldn't be all over some 2011 shyt like that?

they could make it F2P and do 18 month season passes - 100% fugazi - and legit make more money than they are now with their manufactured scarcity approach :leostare:

anyone should be able to play pokemon go on their switch :leostare: where's the animal crossing go counterpart at anyways? :leostare:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
spend more to make more :leostare: now that's a peak gaming journalism take

you realize how many hoops people gotta go through to just add a friend on switch compared to other systems right? how there's no sharing aspects that are comparable to other systems? online lobbies some shyt from the myspace era?

how much money you think goes into the design and upkeep of a PSO2 quality hub zone? :leostare: you think nintendo can't afford that? you think pokemon fans wouldn't be all over some 2011 shyt like that?

they could make it F2P and do 18 month season passes - 100% fugazi - and legit make more money than they are now with their manufactured scarcity approach :leostare:

anyone should be able to play pokemon go on their switch :leostare: where's the animal crossing go counterpart at anyways? :leostare:

If theres one business practice I can safely praise Nintendo for its their reluctance to go F2P or heavily promote MTX in their mainline games.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If theres one business practice I can safely praise Nintendo for its their reluctance to go F2P or heavily promote MTX in their mainline games.
that's fake as fukk :russ:

they selling old ass games running on emulators at full price and you concern trolling about micro transanctions

nintendo sold cardboard with Labo at 70 bucks with a straight face and people clapped. they don't worry about MTX shyt because its too small time for them. they get away with bigger hustles with hardware, re-releases, and accessories :mjlol:

"reluctance"

Top grossing Nintendo mobile games lifetime player spend 2020 | Statista

:mjlol::mjlol:

they made a billy runnin mobile pockets
Nintendo has zero incentive to provide a modern online setup. They gives ZERO fukks :russ:
"wait wait stop we're making too much money :mjlol: we gonna make it too hot"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that's fake as fukk :russ:

they selling old ass games running on emulators at full price and you concern trolling about micro transanctions

nintendo sold cardboard with Labo at 70 bucks with a straight face and people clapped. they don't worry about MTX shyt because its too small time for them. they get away with bigger hustles with hardware, re-releases, and accessories :mjlol:

"reluctance"

Top grossing Nintendo mobile games lifetime player spend 2020 | Statista

:mjlol::mjlol:

they made a billy runnin mobile pockets

"wait wait stop we're making too much money :mjlol: we gonna make it too hot"

You want them to invest in something you are personally invested for something that doesn’t necessarily guarantee and increase in sales on their end. Nintendo is in the position they’re in because they’ve bucked the system not by playing into it.

It’s the same argument with this gamepass thing, yall (market gurus) want sony to adopt gamepass when sony is doing fine making money the way they have been. Same with nintendo, you want them to follow an industry standard that the vast majority of their fans are not asking for.

I think at this point Nintendo’s priority is to plant their feet and aim for consistency rather than make more dramatic changes to their current business model

You’re just trying to justify your personal interest with, “it will make more money” when you have no clue whether it will or wont.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You want them to invest in something you are personally invested for something that doesn’t necessarily guarantee and increase in sales on their end. Nintendo is in the position they’re in because they’ve bucked the system not by playing into it.

It’s the same argument with this gamepass thing, yall (market gurus) want sony to adopt gamepass when sony is doing fine making money the way they have been. Same with nintendo, you want them to follow an industry standard that the vast majority of their fans are not asking for.

I think at this point Nintendo’s priority is to plant their feet and aim for consistency rather than make more dramatic changes to their current business model

You’re just trying to justify your personal interest with, “it will make more money” when you have no clue whether it will or wont.
im personally invested? :gucci: in what? you check the switch threads from release time and im shyttin on it like everyone else. the hardware is dated, they don't even have shyt the vita has, the online is ass like we thought it would be, etc. its got good ass games. and the only thing better than a good game is playing it with more people. instead they running multigenerational rackets on people. and you big upping these sleezebags for not falling on microtransactions? not only is that false because they do - but they're worse because they're scumbags across the board.

i don't want to be catered to. i want send a simple fukking friend request without having to decipher the davince code :gucci:

for someone taking the keys on being the defacto coli/resetera liason, you could at least not besmirch the honor of the title by saying off the wall like adequate online frameworks would be negative value for nintendo

how you go from "working online components" to "but gamepass" is a cry for help too

"consistency"

they been consistently on bullshyt since gamecube :gucci: not everybody is a cheerleader breh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im personally invested? :gucci: in what? you check the switch threads from release time and im shyttin on it like everyone else. the hardware is dated, they don't even have shyt the vita has, the online is ass like we thought it would be, etc. its got good ass games. and the only thing better than a good game is playing it with more people. instead they running multigenerational rackets on people. and you big upping these sleezebags for not falling on microtransactions? not only is that false because they do - but they're worse because they're scumbags across the board.

i don't want to be catered to. i want send a simple fukking friend request without having to decipher the davince code :gucci:

for someone taking the keys on being the defacto coli/resetera liason, you could at least not besmirch the honor of the title by saying off the wall like adequate online frameworks would be negative value for nintendo

how you go from "working online components" to "but gamepass" is a cry for help too

"consistency"

they been consistently on bullshyt since gamecube :gucci: not everybody is a cheerleader breh

I didn’t say it would have a negative effect, just might not be a priority to nintendo and the majority of its fans as we can see from the sales.

Just like Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo has a division of people that can weigh the pro’s and cons to implementing such things, and they have access to all the numbers.

And the thing is, i mostly agree with you, Nintendo’s online system is trash, but I’m also not the key demo of Nintendo and I get that now. The fact that nintendo not only managed to bounce back after the wii-u which for a lot of other console manufacturers would have been a wrap, but become the most profitable console right now means they’re doing something right. I’m not gonna fight for Nintendo to change for me alone.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The reason Nintendo doesn't update their business model is because if you are over 13 years old you supposed to grow up and get a Playstation or an Xbox. Nintendo caters to kids, and resells everything at full price because they are trying to sell their old shyt to a new generation of kids. It's very obvious they aren't interested in gamers over a certain age like that, if they did they wouldn't have PS3/Xbox 360 level hardware for $300 in 2021. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
man, for all this 'business' talk... its wild how MVP is completely unrecognizable

minimal viable product. and because gaming coverage is clownshoes, nintendo gets away with calling their low tier effort and open sham strategy unique and founded in simplicity or whatever else people refer to it as.