Nike runs AD campaign featuring Black Londoners. Asians are furious

poundedyam

Banned
Daps
UK Brehs and Brehettes what'a yall opinion on this? :patrice:

Personally dont give two shyts about nike or the add. Nike dont care about us.
But i cosign the tweet that said grime is ours,uk hip hop is ours, etc.
I think its important to claim what is yours.
Also cosign the sister that said dont include me in poc im black.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
It's hilarious.

Thing is I've got a fair few asian friends/people I know and the majority that I've met are good people for the most part.

But there is a lot of anti-blackness in their community which is ironic as most young Asians are heavily into black culture, from the music they listen to, how they dress and most notably how they talk. I'd say around half the views generated by GRM, Link Up TV, SB.TV etc. come from Asian kids.

With UK Asians (and when se say Asians over here we mean South Asians like Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc. not Oriental/Far East Asians) they're the biggest ethnic group in the UK, they're also the most successful and wealthiest. Yet black people in this country have always been more culturally relevant than them.

White people were also hating on this, normally its there demographic that gets chosen to represent London in things like this. To me thats always been a faux representation because most of those people are just gentrifiers that have moved here from some village out in the sticks and now think they're on stuff because they live in a gentrified part of Hackney.

Me personally I love the ad, it's an accurate representation of young modern day Londoners and the culture in this city. Like one of the tweets said black people are never allowed to shine without white people getting mad, and on this occasion Asians as well.

I loved the ad as well. It showed off the London that I got to know and saw in-person last year rather than the outdated crackkka-ass London of the Cockney days or how the white gentrifiers wanted to display.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Notice they never take up these grievances with white people. I had an Asian friend once who just started blaming black people when a white supremacist said something slick about Asians. I was thinking but we didn’t say anything, it’s between y’all and them.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
dope commercial.
:jawalrus:

wat6rr.jpg

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably harder for blacks because of diversity. I'd bet a healthy percentage of Asians in the UK are either Pakistani Muslim or Punjabi (Sikh or Hindu). The blacks have roots all over Africa along with different islands in the Caribbean.

My understanding is that the African blacks are in pretty good shape but the West Indians struggle more.....not sure if that's right though.

Exactly. That Asian guy had a point. Why the fukk have all the West indians not done shyt economically. I know Nigerians in the UK making moves. West Indians need to stop c00ning and get better economically, espcecially in black majority cities like Birmingham.

Honestly all the West Indians I know own property and live well. So I dunno how accurate the characterisation is. I think the biggest problem West Indians faced was they didn’t come together and take chances economically to benefit their community, so while they were able to get property and some savings they didn’t put it through work like the Asians did they benefit their people.

Never too late though.

Last edited:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Bro can you link that thread by Theraflu?

Blacks In The UK Entrenched In Racial Inequality, Living In Poverty, Job Discrimination (BBC REPORT)

Can you explain more about this?

To cut a long story short, back in '05 there was a rumor that a black girl was gang raped in an asian store. The black community reacted by calling for a boycott until those asian men were given up and arrested. The asian community accused the black community of being "jealous" :comeon: of their economic success and starting the rumor....there were protests, then one thing led to another and it just exploded on the streets and online and some bold asians went around attacking random black people and one black boy was even killed by an asian gang.