Nike runs AD campaign featuring Black Londoners. Asians are furious

truth2you

All Star
Daps
can you please explain why all the black middle class neighborhoods are Caribbean dominated

your post is full of inaccuracies btw
most people in america are not living well
Where? If you mean in the states, you know that is a damn lie

If you mean in Boston, I think its because a lot focused on education when they came in the mid 70's/early 80's, and that was also around the time credit started becoming easily accessible to the average person. Before that it was all about manufacturing jobs, and working in factories, college education wasn't that important.

This what I posted:
"Most people in america live well, meaning have some food, clothing, and shelter, but tons of us are in debt or living pay check to paycheck"

You are agreeing with me, but you are mad at what I posted, its blinding you which is what my post was about. Ignoring certian things will end up being your demise.

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
My biggest take away from this is that Blacks need to quit trying to jump on board with every other minority groups plight.

If these oppressed groups can create entire communities that inherently exclude us....they can sure as hell do their own legwork to get what they feel as far as proper representation.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Where? If you mean in the states, you know that is a damn lie

If you mean in Boston, I think its because a lot focused on education when they came in the mid 70's/early 80's, and that was also around the time credit started becoming easily accessible to the average person. Before that it was all about manufacturing jobs, and working in factories, college education wasn't that important.

This what I posted:
"Most people in america live well, meaning have some food, clothing, and shelter, but tons of us are in debt or living pay check to paycheck"

You are agreeing with me, but you are mad at what I posted, its blinding you which is what my post was about. Ignoring certian things will end up being your demise.
i don't believe you live in Brooklyn

truth2you

All Star
Daps
i don't believe you live in Brooklyn
I don't live there now(only a fool would if they can leave), but go back, so what is your point.

I went back to your post, and I think you mean in Brooklyn or NYC.

That is easy to answer, most of the black americans left to go down south. If you look at Flatbush, it was first known as a white/jewish area, but as black americans moved it some whites left. Then as more carribeans moved in, it really was white flight, but even in flatbush there was a divide of blacks doing good, and poor blacks, even to this day. As far as middle class, we both know you can be middle class in NYC but still be struggling in debt, as it cost more to live there.

As far as Queens, the same thing happened. Black americans moved to the south. Before the mid 2000's most black middle class neighborhoods were all black american first, and Queens is a prime example of that, and showing the shift of how it is a lot of caribbeans now. All of this makes sense because if you were black you had no choice but to live around other blacks, so it would make sense that caribbeans moved to areas where black americans first dominated, as far as black minorities.

Many Black New Yorkers Are Moving to the South
"But for Ms. Brown, 59, a retired civil servant from Queens, the South now promises salvation.

Three generations of her family — 10 people in all — are moving to Atlantafrom New York, seeking to start fresh economically and, in some sense, to reconnect with a bittersweet past. They include Ms. Brown, her 82-year-old mother and her 26-year-old son, who has already landed a job and settled there."

"About 17 percent of the African-Americans who moved to the South from other states in the past decade came from New York, far more than from any other state, according to census data. Of the 44,474 who left New York State in 2009, more than half, or 22,508, went to the South, according to a study conducted by the sociology department of Queens College for The New York Times"

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't live there now(only a fool if would if they can leave), but go back, so what is your point.

I went back to your post, and I think you mean in Brooklyn or NYC.

That is easy to answer, most of the black americans left to go down south. If you look at Flatbush, it was first known as a white/jewish area, but as black americans moved it some whites left. Then as more carribeans moved in, it really was white flight, but even in flatbush there was a divide of blacks doing good, and poor blacks, even to this day. As far as middle class, we both know you can be middle class in NYC but still be struggling in debt, as it cost more to live there.

As far as Queens, the same thing happened. Black americans moved to the south. Before the mid 2000's most black middle class neighborhoods were all black american first, and Queens is a prime example of that, and showing the shift of how it is a lot of caribbeans now. All of this makes sense because if you were black you had no choice but to live around other blacks, so it would make sense that caribbeans moved to areas where black americans first dominated, as far as black minorities.

Many Black New Yorkers Are Moving to the South
"But for Ms. Brown, 59, a retired civil servant from Queens, the South now promises salvation.

Three generations of her family — 10 people in all — are moving to Atlantafrom New York, seeking to start fresh economically and, in some sense, to reconnect with a bittersweet past. They include Ms. Brown, her 82-year-old mother and her 26-year-old son, who has already landed a job and settled there."

"About 17 percent of the African-Americans who moved to the South from other states in the past decade came from New York, far more than from any other state, according to census data. Of the 44,474 who left New York State in 2009, more than half, or 22,508, went to the South, according to a study conducted by the sociology department of Queens College for The New York Times"
Do Caribbean people not own a lot of property in Brooklyn or not?
Where in BK did you live

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Do Caribbean people not own a lot of property in Brooklyn or not?
Where in BK did you live
I never said they didn't! Flatbush, Bed-stuy/ft. greene, and travelled all over NYC

I was replying to someone who said ALL the west indians he knows own property. I replied with what I saw growing up, and what i see now, that is, tons who don't are living in debt, paycheck to paycheck.

But if you are now the majority or even a little less, I would hope you own some of that property, especially considering you're black, and older black Americans tend to see other blacks as their brothers/cousins, and would sell the property to you before someone else, even though you weren't american. I know this because my mother sold her property, and business, to another black person before giving it to some arabs. It was this lady who sold it to them, but I guess she didn't see "blackness" as my mother did, but that is off topic.

I'm confused with your posts, because you are asking me questions that I already answered if you read my post. Did you read my post or just glance through it?

Last edited: