Nigerian Poll: Disintegration vs. Keep the Status Quo

Nigerian Poll

• Total voters

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Why can't the Igbo Diaspora create another Victoria island in Igbo land?
What's stopping them from pooling resources and directly investing in Igbo land?
What is it exactly that Igbo land is missing?
Is it electricity? Homes? Buildings? Hospitals? Schools?
Igboland lacks infrastructure because the national govt marginalizes it in terms of fund allocations.

kayslay

Daps
The Youroba are very comfortable in Nigeria and should remain. The Hausas need a bytch to control.
What about the smaller ethnic groups?
Are they essentially left alone or do they suffer from underfunding as well?
Do they have issues with the north as well?
Do the Yoruba marginalized the Igbo as well or do they have a healthy relationship?

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
It's ironic that you say Nigerians would need "Jew Money" to change the state of Nigeria.
Then in the next sentence you elude to the fact that Africans are aren't on section 8.
Why jump from comparing yourselves to well to do Black Americans who are equally educated to comparing yourself to the bottom 20% of our ethnic group?
I've never understood that phenomenon.
As I've stated before African Americans are a different group of people with a much longer history in this country and a different set of circumstances.
www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/15/how-section-8-became-a-racial-slur/
You're speaking of Jews and their wealth when 55% of their group in New York are living below the poverty line.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3448433/religion-skin-color-section-8-housing/amp/

Back to Nigeria...
Why can't the Igbo Diaspora create another Victoria island in Igbo land?
What's stopping them from pooling resources and directly investing in Igbo land?
What is it exactly that Igbo land is missing?
Is it electricity? Homes? Buildings? Hospitals? Schools?

The rich igbos want to live among other rich people regardless of tribe. Rich igbos move to Abuja and live go to school mingle with hausas-fulani.

Rich igbos move to Lagos and intermingle with rich yorubas.

Simple.

kayslay

Daps
speak for yourself. My dad is kalabari and I have never heard of any kalabari person joining biafra. Post civil war. Not even my among my own fam.

this isn't the 1960's your average person from any of the groups are not with biafra or oduduwas.

As I said people Really Need To Assess speaking for themselves and not others.

Because it's getting ridiculous.
Are Native Nigerians interested in intermingle as a country?
I suggested an ambassador program for the different ethnic groups to learn to respect each others cultures it was struct down.
But I'm interested to know do you think it'd be any good back in Nigeria.
The rich igbos want to live among other rich people regardless of tribe. Rich igbos move to Abuja and live go to school mingle with hausas-fulani.

Rich igbos move to Lagos and intermingle with rich yorubas.

Simple.
I'm in no way throwing shade to Nigerian Americans but of the Nigerians of Igbo descent that I've come across, granted most of it being virtual, I've definitely gotten that vibe.
If they have no interest in being around the common Igbo then why continue to fight for Biafra?

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Are Native Nigerians interested in intermingle as a country?
I suggested an ambassador program for the different ethnic groups to learn to respect each others cultures it was struct down.
But I'm interested to know do you think it'd be any good back in Nigeria.

I'm in no way throwing shade to Nigerian Americans but of the Nigerians of Igbo descent that I've come across, granted most of it being virtual, I've definitely gotten that vibe.
If they have no interest in being around the common Igbo then why continue to fight for Biafra?

the population of Nigerians on the coli and online in general are the children of disconnected people. Even the yorubas also.

they have no knowledge of what goes on in nigeria.

I don't blame them, but they are ignorant. I only started going to Nigeria recently, but I'm very much connected to politicians and businessmen from different ethnic groups. On a personal level too

not what I read on nigerian websites.

The average Nigerian has no problem with eachother. Except oil and land disputes

Many of these online clowns are living in the past. It's usually come clown that comes from abroad and stirs shyt up.

I can name a shyt load of igbos I know personally that lease Oil wells with millions of dollars yet live in Abuja and Lagos because that's where the migration goes too.

kayslay

Daps
the population of Nigerians on the coli and online in general are the children of disconnected people. Even the yorubas also.

I don't blame them, but they are ignorant. I only started going to Nigeria recently, but I'm very much connected to politicians and businessmen from different ethnic groups. On a personal level too

The average Nigerian has no problem with eachother.

Many of these online clowns are living in the past. It's usually come clown that comes from abroad and stirs shyt up.

I can name a shyt load of igbos I know personally that lease Oil wells with millions of dollars yet live in Abuja and Lagos because that's where the migration goes too.
Thanks for posting.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Nigeria is not going to disintegrate unless there is another civil war. And there will be no civil war because neither side (Igbos, Northerners, Yorubas & Niger Deltans) are ready for that.

The country has a myriad of problems, which aren't beyond solving. Anytime Nigeria is pushed to the brink of conflict, it settles itself. 2019 will definitely be the ultimate test, but just like 2015 came and went without a major catastrophe, 2019 will do the same.

:sas2:

I had to do a double-take at this- what on earth do you mean? The country has been ravaged with conflict since before its independence. The various pogroms against Igbos in the 1950s and 1960s, the Tiv riots in the 1960s, the Biafran War 1967-70, the various military coups from the 1960s right up to the 1980's, assassination of M.K.O Abiola and his wife Kudirat, the Jos riots, Boko Haram, the menacing Fulani Herdsmen and the military violence against IPOB and other dissenting groups throughout Nigeria's history. These are just the events that I can think off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more. When has the country ever been at peace?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

The average Nigerian has no problem with eachother. Except oil and land disputes

Believe that the Lagos/Abuja bubble = Nigeria, brehs

:russ:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
You answered your own question.
When you are poor and busy looking for money to feed yourself........... burning the whole country down and demanding answers is not really a thing you have the luxury of doing. Its not going to feed you or your family.

But contrary to your belief, extreme poverty has always been the galvanizing force behind almost every revolt that has happened in the history of humanity.

Let me use the UK, since I'm a Brit. There used to be a big class problem in the UK (less than 80 years ago), with the majority of the population in squalor and homeless. That changed when the people revolted as things started getting worse, hence the government started building low income council estates all over the country and also implemented welfare policies that people still benefit from today. And the legacy of that revolt is the reason why you'll hardly see any homeless person in the UK today and also why the poor are entitled to weekly stipends.

The poverty in Nigeria needs to spark something now or they're all doomed because the end game right now looks like a big civil war.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I had to do a double-take at this- what on earth do you mean? The country has been ravaged with conflict since before its independence. The various pogroms against Igbos in the 1950s and 1960s, the Tiv riots in the 1960s, the Biafran War 1967-70, the various military coups from the 1960s right up to the 1980's, assassination of M.K.O Abiola and his wife Kudirat, the Jos riots, Boko Haram, the menacing Fulani Herdsmen and the military violence against IPOB and other dissenting groups throughout Nigeria's history. These are just the events that I can think off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more. When has the country ever been at peace?

:wow:

Since the beginning of the Fourth Republic in 1999, there have been massacres committed by the Nigerian Army in (non-exhaustive): Odi, Zaki Biam, Gbaramatu, Jos, Gboko, Baga, Badagry, Onipanu, Zaria, Gbeji, Odiama, Onitsha, Olegadakolo, Ikpele, Otugologwu, Iwali, Okpanchenyi and Egba
:hhh:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Lol cole, Briggs, Belo osagie, ibru, otedola, alakija, dangote, dantata, igbinedion, Arumemi-Ikhide all had money and wealth before nigeria was even a country.

stop with the lies lol

Otedola and Alakija made their money through the oil industry, which only really became a thing in Nigeria once it had gained its independence. Also, Otedola was born after Nigerian independence. Dangote started his first business from the loan his uncle gave him in 1977, a full 17 years after Nigeria had gained her independence.

There's so much misinformation in this thread.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Otedola and Alakija made their money through the oil industry, which only really became a thing in Nigeria once it had gained its independence. Also, Otedola was born after Nigerian independence. Dangote started his first business from the loan his uncle gave him in 1977, a full 17 years after Nigeria had gained her independence.

I never said femi otedola. I said otedola family, I never said the alakija lady I said alakija family.

I never said aliko dangote I said dangote dantata family.

The families I named were all elites in their areas before oil. If someone were to say the same about mbadiwe I would say the same.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th

Stop it, Otedola's dad was a former governor and the family has old money.

I know the family.