Nigerian Poll: Disintegration vs. Keep the Status Quo

Nigerian Poll

• Total voters

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
I never said femi otedola. I said otedola family, I never said the alakija lady I said alakija family.

I never said aliko dangote I said dangote dantata family.

The families I named were all elites in their areas before oil. If someone were to say the same about mbadiwe I would say the same.

You didn't say dantata, you said dangote. If Aliko dangote's family was wealthy then why would he have to ask his uncle Dantata for a loan of $3000 to start up his business?

From what I've read about Michael Otedola, Femi's dad, it doesn't seem like he came from a rich home. He needed a scholarship to get into a prestigious British university and worked as a schoolteacher in Britain. He later went on to work for an oil company after Nigeria's independence. Again, nowhere does it indicate that he came from a rich home or accumulated his wealth before Nigeria's independence.

I'm also pretty sure that Alakija didn't come from a wealthy family as she implied that she didn't have the opportunity to go to university when she was younger. That'd be very unusual for a child from a wealthy home.

Where are you getting this information from?

Last edited:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Stop it, Otedola's dad was a former governor and the family has old money.

I know the family.

I know that the family has old money but I don't believe that they made most of that money before Nigeria gained her independence, which is what that poster claimed. If you have proof to suggest otherwise then I'm all ears.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What about the smaller ethnic groups?
Are they essentially left alone or do they suffer from underfunding as well?
Do they have issues with the north as well?
Do the Yoruba marginalized the Igbo as well or do they have a healthy relationship?
The smaller ethnic groups generally associate with one of the main groups, although they are distinct in language and culture in their own right. There are over 100 separate groups, and this is mainly because Africans tend to stick to themselves. The only reason Nigeria exists is because whites divided the territory into their personal fifedoms, and Nigeria was formed.

Most every one not Hausa or Fulani have issues with the north. Sad but true.

Yuroba and Igbo are very similar in many aspects (namely phenotype and religion) but are very different culturally. The Yurobas generally look down upon Igbos as they feel the Igbo culture is not as sophisticated as their own, primarily due to their long history sophisticated religious practices. Furthermore, acts of betrayal perpetrated by Yurobas against igbos during the civil war has also resulted in many Igbo people not feeling to fond of yurobas. However despite these cultural issues, many Igbos and Yurobas get along, and inter-marriage is common between the tribes.

Yurobas are predominantly christian like Igbos, although they have a sizable Muslim population. Igbos are almost uniformly Christian.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The smaller ethnic groups generally associate with one of the main groups, although they are distinct in language and culture in their own right. There are over 100 separate groups, and this is mainly because Africans tend to stick to themselves. The only reason Nigeria exists is because whites divided the territory into their personal fifedoms, and Nigeria was formed.

Most every one not Hausa or Fulani have issues with the north. Sad but true.

Yuroba and Igbo are very similar in many aspects (namely phenotype and religion) but are very different culturally. The Yurobas generally look down upon Igbos as they feel the Igbo culture is not as sophisticated as their own, primarily due to their long history sophisticated religious practices. Furthermore, acts of betrayal perpetrated by Yurobas against igbos during the civil war has also resulted in many Igbo people not feeling to fond of yurobas. However despite these cultural issues, many Igbos and Yurobas get along, and inter-marriage is common between the tribes.

Yurobas are predominantly christian like Igbos, although they have a sizable Muslim population. Igbos are almost uniformly Christian.
I feel like they get alone just fine in America and in Europe but in Nigeria, they don't. They can do business together and even intermarry but it's not mutual respect. Yorubas by Lagos alone have a lot more than all of Igboland. Igbos have to go there and do business, the only time they come to Igboland is to work in gas and oil and even that's more closer to Ijaws. No one really has to come to Igboland because the Europeans made it to where there is no value for the majority. That said, if Igboland can use their agriculture and oil and gas profits, it would completely shyt on Nigeria instantly. There literally should be NO Northerners having any ownership stake in any Igboland business especially gas and oil. Now after 10 years, if they want to come back to then do business once we set up shop, then that's fine but this bullshyt where they control all of the oil fields with the exception of a couple is bullshyt. The Muslims must go! They can't have all of our wealth. fukk them. They need to keep their own. Stick to clement and shyt. Oh wait, the product is produced in Igboland too. :camby:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
It's not a competition!
I really wish Africans would realize this whether y'all West Africans realize it.
Wealthy Ghanaians will benefit Nigeria.

Not quite. The wealthy will put their own country first and foremost.

There are much more Nigerians making businesse(and own homes) in Ghana than Ghanaians living in Nigeria. The benefits you claim aren't as much as you think unless you're talking entertainment wise.

It's the more of the opposite actually.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It's not a competition!
I really wish Africans would realize this whether y'all West Africans realize it.
Wealthy Ghanaians will benefit Nigeria.
The Nigerians will wealth are far more wealthy than Ghanaians with wealth. Not to mention, there is 186 million Nigerians. Not exactly the same popl in Ghana.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Not quite. The wealthy will put their own country first and foremost.

There are much more Nigerians making businesse(and own homes) in Ghana than Ghanaians living in Nigeria. The benefits you claim aren't as much as you think unless you're talking entertainment wise.

It's the more of the opposite actually.
You just said there are Nigerians that own home and businesses in Ghana how is that not benefial to Nigerians?
Wealthy Ghanaians will support their business.
Nigeria needs stable countries around to trade with.
Ghana having a stable democracy and stable Economy will great a stable country.
Stability is worth more than money!
What use is there in Nigeria having the most billionaires in all of Africa if the average Nigerian isn't having a higher quality of life?
Why do you feel the Ghana can't be a super power right along with Nigeria?
There is an American and Canada.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
. Yorubas by Lagos alone have a lot more than all of Igboland. Igbos have to go there and do business, the only time they come to Igboland is to work in gas and oil and even that's more closer to Ijaws.
I disagree here

Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria so by mere virtue of the ports and the airport it became the highest grossing and most indebted state in the country. Majority of the facilities after the war was sited there so yorubas aren't doing better.

Poverty levels and violence are lower in the east according to the UN. It is reducing now because the army is killing innocent people.

Majority of assets in igboland are owned by us. We have some of the highest cash collections according to the central bank
Lagos, 6 other states control 90% of cash transactions in Nigeria - CBN - Vanguard News

I can agree we have poor tax collection mechanism. That reduces internal revenue generation. The majority of the economy is actually not recorded which is an issue with developing economies.

A large portion of assets especially real estate are owned by us.
Over 70% of real estate in abuja is owned by us(refer to rufai governor of kaduna)
http://allafrica.com/stories/200705210669.html

Education prowess is controlled by us(refer to the jamb scores)
Most non oil wealth is also done through trading which is controlled by us. This is after having our assets destroyed during the war.

If it wasn't the case, threats of property loss wouldn't be an important topic. We let southern Cameroon and bakassi go with no issues but a "poor" tribe can't go? Lol

And yorubas often say igbos are too proud and look down on the whole country because we come and dominate all surroundings without violence but through business. This is why there's a tape recording of governors from the south west and north plotting to take our businesses. You did it before during the war but you were so bad at business you ran into the ground.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
You didn't say dantata, you said dangote. If Aliko dangote's family was wealthy then why would he have to ask his uncle Dantata for a loan of $3000 to start up his business?

From what I've read about Michael Otedola, Femi's dad, it doesn't seem like he came from a rich home. He needed a scholarship to get into a prestigious British university and worked as a schoolteacher in Britain. He later went on to work for an oil company after Nigeria's independence. Again, nowhere does it indicate that he came from a rich home or accumulated his wealth before Nigeria's independence.

I'm also pretty sure that Alakija didn't come from a wealthy family as she implied that she didn't have the opportunity to go to university when she was younger. That'd be very unusual for a child from a wealthy home.

Where are you getting this information from?

Dangote wasn't rich...His uncle was and after taking the loan he made good business dealings. However his rise to billionaire status was nothing but legitimate. It's why the CIA call his method "beggar their countryman"

Otedola had middle class money not billionaire status money. He was given oil licenses and he moved money for politicians...lol most of them couldn't make money without oil which is why the richest northerners and south westerners have oil sales as their largest source of wealth.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
You can be an engineer, plenty engineers in Igboland, my cousins and friends are but without resources and political structure, there is not much you can do.

@kayslay @Sagat @badtguy and especially @Hydroking23
It's important to recognize a lot of the root causes in Nigeria stems from envy and unnecessary envy for that matter.

Nigeriaworld Feature Article (Political 419 in Imo State)

All our initial efforts to grow the states ourselves was always thwarted. I remember we tried to build a power station in Imo state. This is the reasons why we couldn't have power in the 80s. We constructed one but the fed gov blocked it and literally shut it down.

As of last week fashola said states can generate power. What he didn't explain was generating power has to been sent over to the national grid which will then be rerouted to their stares of choice so no one wants to be the idiot generating it.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
I paste a snippet

During the second Republic, Imo State stood out as a beacon of the selfless industry doggedness and sheer willingness to succeed in the face of odds - all which are attributes with which the average Igbo man is known. In the Nigerian context, it meant even more. Its citizens suffered undue deprivation because the area had suffered two concurrent forms of marginalization - one from the federal government and the other by a systematic oversight by previous administrators of the area. What this means was that Imo had no industries, it had not modern infrastructure, no federal presence nor did it have any viable revenue generating institution of worth.

This writer was a university student during Nigeria's second republic. What conspicuously stood Imo indigenes out from the rest of the student populace was our poverty of material well-being. Our only solace was that we were scholarly and brilliant. While students from the north enjoyed free education augmented by obvious wealthy parental intervention and a patronage sustained by the zone as the producers of majority Nigerian ruling class, students from the then LOOBO states - Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Bendel and Ondo states enjoyed bursary awards that made the pursuit of the academe a thing of joy. With Chief Awolowo on the driver's seat, students from the Unity Party-ruled states were the envy of all. Students from Imo and old Anambra states earned none of this till much, more lately.

But people from Imo state and its student-populace understood. Why because our leadership under the auspices of Chief Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe made us aware that we were a thoroughly disadvantaged and deprived people. He explained that our unenviable precarious situation stemmed from the fact that he was doing a lot while at the same time investing in industry and modern infrastructure to build a modern Imo state in order to make the lives of future Imo indigenes better than it was then.

He explained that he was building a university to accommodate majority of Imo qualified indigenes who were not admitted into federal universities because of quota system - a system that had effectively deprived Imo state University bound students from being admitted proportionally into federal varsities, Imo being the greatest producer of potential university materials in the whole nation. We understood when he lamented that there were not industries in the state and that he was busy building industries to make Imo State the Taiwan of the nation; that we should take solace that after our graduation, we will have factories to employ us. He said he was building the Amaraku Power Generating Plant and that of Izombe, to provide electricity, since the federal government had effectively marginalized us, Imo people. He pledged that he would build the aluminum extrusion plant in Inyishi and the Avutu poultry farm. He begged us to bear with him because he had put a lot of money in rehabilitating the roads of Aba Township to provide Igbo traders a fortress from where to attack the burgeoning global mercantilism. Above all he promised he would build us a modern color television station with Outside Broadcast (OB) Vans and satellite stations to assuage our appetite for news, information and entertainment which the highly regulated and partisan NTA Aba, Nigeria could not provide. He told us to be studious as he was also busy building a new Owerri capital, which he then likened to "our own Abuja." For a start, he was busy building a five star hotel to be name "Imo Concorde," where we (every Imo citizen who can afford) would all meet during evening hours after a hard days job. In the end he approved for us a 300 Naira bursary for every Imo university student and a 200 Naira award for those in colleges of Technology. He assured us that before long most of us studying in other states would be flying into Owerri after he had completed the Imo Airport. By the time the Shagari regime was overthrown in 1983, Mbakwe had wrought near Economic Miracle in Imo state. He had accomplished in four years what he had set out to achieve in eight Years!

Enter the Military:

The all conquering, lo, rapacious military administration that ruled Imo state from 1983-1999 collectively seamed to have one mission in mind - to dismantle all the well programmed and well articulated people-oriented achievements of the civilian administration of Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe. Today, the Amaraku and Izombe power stations are no more. They were dismantled and sold into exile by a military administrator that happens to be Igbo. All the industries set up by Mbakwe were inexplicably allowed to rot, die and decay. As a matter of fact none of them survived the military era. Coupled with this, was the neglect with which the administrators of the Petroleum Trust Fund handled the state. While federal money were being pumped into the education and rehabilitation of infrastructure in many states of the federation especially in the north, Imo and almost all Igbo states trudged along as if they were not part of Nigeria

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
The Nigerians will wealth are far more wealthy than Ghanaians with wealth. Not to mention, there is 186 million Nigerians. Not exactly the same popl in Ghana.
Exactly so it wouldn't take the same amount of wealth for them to be fully developed.
With the right amount of investment from their Diaspora and deals with established super powers it wouldn't take much.
Their smaller population benefits the country because they have enough room to grow and can take in a few thousand immigrants.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Its CRAZY that a people who look like this[you would think they look so innocent and peaceful].
2lFPgI7.jpg

fZIhAET.jpg

CACigBc.jpg

bwDZXAo.jpg

gskPAMH.jpg

hDJaFgw.jpg

AND NOT THESE people!
01_52.jpg

touarel-14-child-cu-4.jpg

tuareg-couple1.jpg

809d24de9895b73e1e2c08d013a15ff7.jpg

Caused so much destruction, chaos and mayhem THROUGHOUT West Africa. People would think it would be the latter group but its not. I don't think ANY group in African history done what the Fulanis done.

Yall Igbo and Yoruba posters need @LordCashmere people if yall wanna keep the Fulanis at bay.:lolbron: