NieR Automata OT [PS4 | PC| XB1] NieRly had another exclusive

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I mean I see the spin you trying to put on this regardless of how stupid it is but Nier is a Arpg just like ff15 and it actually isn't crazy to compare the two. Nier will be better :yeshrug:
It's disingenuous to compare the two. You didn't enjoy your experience and now you're playing dumb basically

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's disingenuous to compare the two. You didn't enjoy your experience and now you're playing dumb basically

No its not. they are literally the same sub genre of game. And I gave ff15 like a 7.5. thats far from not enjoying the game. You are just looking at 15 like its perfect or a exceptional game when its not. That Nier demo was just as lit as the best moments in ff15 and that was only a demo :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hey man, Square Enix might as well just fukking do a collab with Platinum and make the next FF game. Let Platinum take care of the combat system. I can't think a solid reason why they didn't just go all out with a combat system like Nier's or any other real time action jrpg. It's kind of weird seeing what FFXV is clearly trying to be yet when you pick up and play it doesn't feel the same.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There isn't an expiration date for this demo like Nioh right?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hey man, Square Enix might as well just fukking do a collab with Platinum and make the next FF game. Let Platinum take care of the combat system. I can't think a solid reason why they didn't just go all out with a combat system like Nier's or any other real time action jrpg. It's kind of weird seeing what FFXV is clearly trying to be yet when you pick up and play it doesn't feel the same.
Its obviously done for a reason. Extreme action combat is not casual friendly and is not a final fantasy for new and old fans alike.

Extreme action is niche which is why classics like Bayonetta FLOP. Nier wont do Any final fantasy numbers. This is business and final fantasy hasnt made its money by being devil may cry.

Final fantasy gives you a casual yet challenging way to play combat where all of the cues you need to survive are given to you in a method that gives you a chace FFXV Recovery menus pause the game giving you a chance to survive. Nier requires more twich reflexes or youre going to fukking die, quickly. If Nier didnt heal you automatically youd be even deader. Plus its obvious artists are not going to go out of their way to straight copy another artists template.

I think ffxv is a conditioning game, a reboot, combat wise, to prepare people for for ff16 which will be more extreme action, granted nier does well.

Id like it if they found a way to make an extreme action game and had a turn based option for the girls.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Its obviously done for a reason. Extreme action combat is not casual friendly and is not a final fantasy for new and old fans alike.

Extreme action is niche which is why classics like Bayonetta FLOP. Nier wont do Any final fantasy numbers. This is business and final fantasy hasnt made its money by being devil may cry.

Final fantasy gives you a casual yet challenging way to play combat where all of the cues you need to survive are given to you in a method that gives you a chace FFXV Recovery menus pause the game giving you a chance to survive. Nier requires more twich reflexes or youre going to fukking die, quickly. If Nier didnt heal you automatically youd be even deader. Plus its obvious artists are not going to go out of their way to straight copy another artists template.

I think ffxv is a conditioning game, a reboot, combat wise, to prepare people for for ff16 which will be more extreme action, granted nier does well.

Id like it if they found a way to make an extreme action game and had a turn based option for the girls.
Agreed with everything except that last part. Turn based done well is chess.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It should just be a spin off series. I don't think turn based is bad, the turn based thing here is just a baked in thing they put in last minute.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Agreed with everything except that last part. Turn based done well is chess.
Chess. :mjlol: Yea, in PVP. AI is to stupid to compete with me but then again, we operate on different levels, considering youre a tad on the casual side.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Beat the demo on hard. Upload video tomorrow morning. Yea action wise this game gonna be the truth. Gameplay will mask weak story and voice acting but it ain't gonna matter because the gameplay and fights gonna be so jaw dropping.

First boss playing like a last boss sequence. Square need to scoop these dudes up and take their company to the next level. Hope the game does well. Platinum deserves my dollars.