Nicki goes in on Beyoncé husband jay z and calls him fake activist ..wow

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this was Jay Z call, it's his job to put the hottest act on the stage.

If Wayne had the biggest song in hip hop this year, he'd be on that stage, no doubt.
It's not necessarily about putting the hottest act, although that's a factor.

But you put someone on a big stage like that, you want someone that's a dope performer that's going to take the shyt serious. A lot of reports/clips of Wayne showing up to shows late or sounding :picard:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
From what I've seen, yeah, he seems on par with most that aren't Travis Scott and shyt.

Did I miss recent videos showing he isn't? Or are we just presuming shyt?
People have been talking about how bad of a performer Wayne has become for years. His voice is shot, he forgets the lyrics to songs, sometimes arrives late or leaves early. Someone working for the Grammy's posted about how hard it was working with Wayne, said he refused to show up for rehearsals and arrived late for his performance. Plus the performance was bad.

Lil Wayne in 2024 isn't reliable enough to perform the superbowl. Artist are responsible for all aspects of the performance, and they don't get paid. It's not something Wayne can just show up late with a DJ and mumble his way through songs he can't remember.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm genuinely confused. Up front I know Nicki is in the business and she has access to more info than I do. But this claim she has (Cam and Mase too) of some beef Jay has with Wayne don't make a lot of sense. Didn't Jay help Wayne with like $7 milly in taxes? And issues with Birdman don't make sense. The last person I heard that had beef with Birdman was WAYNE! He had to sue dude to get money he tried to steal from him. I don't know what issues Jay has with the Canadian Reciter but is it enough to snub Wayne? Was this more of a business decision? :jbhmm: It's pretty undeniable that at THIS point in time Kendrick is a bigger name than Wayne. Longevity wise tho, of course that's Wayne.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Us older cats are just in awe that the argument for who should perform at the SUPER BOWL is this rapper or that rapper. Rap has come a loooonnnggg way.
That was Jay Z goal by linking with the NFL on da cool..bringing flava to the SB halftime cause for a while before Jay besides Beyoncé and Prince the SB halftime shows was Lily white and boring except Michael Jackson..still the best ever

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
And thats my problem with it. He's only relevent at the moment because of dissing Drake. Rap battles are cool and all, but should it get you a Super Bowl placement? fukk no! This shiit is bad for everybody,

Personally, I'm just here for the Fckery of seeing Drake getting on up outta here.

Been a Top Dawg fan since the mixtapes, and Even though I don't rock with the mainstream stuff they been doing, it's Fck Drake and whoever with him over here . I wanna see that nygga Defeated.... Try to come back ...then realize he ain't got it like he had it

:blessed:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Nobody cares what Team Predators has to say.

Yoooo they really all got accusations :mindblown:

Nicki husband and brother, roman zolanski
Beatrice been touching on Wayne since 99
Tyga turnt out Kylie
Drake and all the sus shyt he did
Hov and Beyonce/Foxy brown tho :jbhmm:

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
b928505cb8eb722440cdeec19490e9f3.jpg
809eeec18fcc9b975ff057b0c494ea5c.jpg
Why this bytch got a candy coated chicken wing around her neck , this had to be old lol that bytch face round as fukk now :scust:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Someone working for the Grammy's posted about how hard it was working with Wayne, said he refused to show up for rehearsals and arrived late for his performance. Plus the performance was bad.

Links?

We can see him perform recently. Are those issues evident in those shows?

And we talking 2009 Grammys, so a lil less than 20 years ago or Khaled performance which is over a decade

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
None of Wayne’s Grammys performances were bad though.
Thats what the grammy dude said on Twitter. Claimed he showed up 2 minutes after his performance was supposed to start and immediately left afterwards without talking to anyone.

Personally I've never felt like wayne was a good performer, but he's definitely worse than he was 10 years ago. Seems like wayne goes viral atleast twice a year due to a bad performance.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Rap is doing things that were deemed impossible. No one saw Dr.Dre and Snoop as a Super Bowl halftime. Super Bowl halftime use to be white acts (Rolling Stones etc). Now we have Kendrick Lamar as the main act. Hes gonna be even bigger. A diss song performed at the Super Bowl :heh:
This is why it’s hard to fukk with some nikkas. A black man gives your art form some shine and you can’t be happy for the man. Absolute stupid crabs.

Last edited: