Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Usher just had a successful years long residency in Vegas

Rihanna proves Jay pulls strings

You discounted dre.

Weeknd I'll give you

Lmao @ not thinking J Lo and Shakira have tons of fans and pull in Miami.

It's not just about being a hometown artist, though, it does play a big part which is why it's funny you discounted the very very obvious example of this because it discounts everything.
It doesn't though as the five shows, only one was a hometown artist.

Doing a residency in a place doesn't make that your hometown.

Having a lot of fans and pull in a place doesn't make that your hometown.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It doesn't though as the five shows, only one was a hometown artist.

Doing a residency in a place doesn't make that your hometown.

Having a lot of fans and pull in a place doesn't make that your hometown.

In this instance it does, just like Dre in LA

And of course not, but that's kind of my place. I wouldn't say Kendrick has more pull or fans than Wayne in NO.

Like I said, I get why Kendrick is performing since he's hot rn and most super bowl ticket buyers aren't even from the city.

But I also don't know why we're tryna discount Wayne performing there or the impact it could have. He's genuinely loved by everyone including white people that aren't even fans of rap. He has an incredible catalog. He's from the city and vocally wanted to do it. He has enough features and pull to draw literally anyone they wanted from RNB and pop acts to the biggest names in rap, including Kendrick and Jay.

It just seems like an obvious win win in a lot of ways. Kendrick performing is a win win too but admittedly seems just a tad spiteful. Which is fine but idk why people are trying to deny it when nikkas in every thread are seeing this as an L against Drake.

I think people are too far into the beef aspect to even look at other aspects of why people are saying Wayne should have had it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I want yall to pay attention to the corny nikkas shytting on Wayne to prop up their current daddy. But back in 06 Wayne was the current daddy. They’ll be on another dikk shytting on they CURRENT daddy in a few years

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
She is crashing out badly because she is no longer relevant, she married a disgusting predator and rapist, she has no right whatsoever to try to lecture anyone

She just ended the highest grossing woman rap tour in history literally a few months ago

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt so corny and I’m born and raised in New Orleans. Would it have been cool to have Wayne?absolutely but, we still get another great black hip hop artist for the Super Bowl and that’s still a win. To call J a fake activist cause he chose KDoT bananas especially when you’ve listened to some of the c00nish shyt Wayne has said in bars(and I fukks with Wayne I went to highschool with Gudda). It’s literally night and day….its easy to go after Jay but, quite as a church mouse about the NFL antics. It’s always easy for these clown entertainers to go after black folks(cause we low hanging fruit) but won’t say shyt about the actual powers that be. Cause you better believe Jay answers to someone that don’t look like us. Nikki need to focus on her own shyt and stay out of this one.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
know who I'm arguing against

Usher just had a successful years long residency in Vegas

Rihanna proves Jay pulls strings

You discounted dre.

Weeknd I'll give you

Lmao @ not thinking J Lo and Shakira have tons of fans and pull in Miami.

It's not just about being a hometown artist, though, it does play a big part which is why it's funny you discounted the very very obvious example of this because it discounts everything.

If Dre can headline LA, why can Wayne do the same in NO? Unless you're seriously saying Dre has more cultural and musical cache than Wayne then or now.

It is what it is and I can understand having Kendrick but it's also such an obvious move. One day we'll see why the music industry doesn't like YMCMB. They have similar issues with the Grammys that led to more and more rappers boycotting them.
A long residency but Usher ain’t FROM or known to be from Vegas.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
A long residency but Usher ain’t FROM or known to be from Vegas.

It doesn't matter when he stayed there long enough, was a huge draw and was basically seen as the only place to see him at so him performing at Vegas afterwards makes a lot of sense

I've said several times, including in my reply to you, that it's not just about being a hometown artist though I can see that factoring in (eg Dre in LA)

I see both sides but I genuinely don't understand why some of ya'll are actively refusing or downright denying how big it would be for Wayne to perform or the sense that it makes, even with Kendrick having his the biggest moment of his career.

I was all for Wayne performing when he first vocally talked about wanting to, months before the beef. My opinion hasn't changed. I think that would be a legendary performance. It's well deserved. He has the legacy, the catalogue, the features, the pull, etc BUT ITS AlSO IN NO. He doesn't deserve it purely from being there but him being the biggest artist from there along with being one of the biggest rappers/celebrities in the world doesn't hurt.

Wayne performing there, imo, is historic like Dre in LA. Kendrick is a moment capitalizing on this undeniably huge moment but I think it's only this big because of the beef. It being in relation to Drake seems to be the only reason this is HUGE moment for the majority of people

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
If this was Jay Z call, it's his job to put the hottest act on the stage.

If Wayne had the biggest song in hip hop this year, he'd be on that stage, no doubt.