Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived in Austin for 8 years and went to school there. Austin is NOT racist place. College Station is redneck central. It was a huge shock they hired a black coach at A&M. I think Charlie Strong has a good chance of being hired at Texas. That's unless they are for sure getting Jimbo Fisher. But I don't know if Fisher wants to leave FSU. He gets great recruits and plays in a weak ACC.

And you know Jerrod Herd is our next QB right? Pretty sure he's black :stopitslime:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
That was the 70's. In 2013 Texas would have no qualms hiring a black coach as long as he can win. We ain't OLE MISS. Christ this is Austin Te.s we talking bout. Nobody tripping bout hiring a black coach. I'm still shocked the Aggies have a black coach. Sumlin better keep winning because on the low them college station boosters is still on some :mjpls:

Those Texas boosters aint hiring no n1ggaz. I think they gonna throw everything at ole boy at Baylor.

Lets not equate Texas and A&M. Texas brings in more money than most pro franchises. The face of that will not be a black man. :beli:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where are you guys getting this shyt? You got Texas fukked up. A&M is in redneck racist College Station. University of Texas is one of the most diverse universities. We have black coaches in other sports. If Strong is the best candidate you better believe Texas will hire him. If David Shaw would take the job, he would be Texas' next head coach in a heart beat. This ain't the good ole boys of the SEC.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That was the 70's. In 2013 Texas would have no qualms hiring a black coach as long as he can win. We ain't OLE MISS. Christ this is Austin Texas we talking bout. Nobody tripping bout hiring a black coach. I'm still shocked the Aggies have a black coach. Sumlin better keep winning because on the low them college station boosters is still on some :mjpls:
43 years ago and guess what? The folks who played or attended there then are your big money boosters now. Not saying they're racist but some habits die hard. But Austin is different from the rest of that god awful state (s/o to Houston and Ft Worth). They did Sherrod Harris dirty tho

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I lived in Austin for 8 years and went to school there. Austin is NOT racist place. College Station is redneck central. It was a huge shock they hired a black coach at A&M. I think Charlie Strong has a good chance of being hired at Texas. That's unless they are for sure getting Jimbo Fisher. But I don't know if Fisher wants to leave FSU. He gets great recruits and plays in a weak ACC.

And you know Jerrod Herd is our next QB right? Pretty sure he's black :stopitslime:

Dog, ur IGNORING what I said. Kevin Sumlin was the Asst Head Coach at A&M previously. Why is it a huge jump to think that after he got more experience at OU and then headed at U of H, that he wouldn't be a good candidate? They already knew him. Who was even the last black asst head coach at Texas?

Charlie Strong would be a complete whiff of a hire if your first goal was Nick Saban and other names such as Fisher, Tomlin, Harbaugh have all been mentioned.

When it comes to big money situations and stuff like that, Texas/Austin is still a "good ol boy" system.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I went to Texas

Austin is racist

Daps
Charlie Strong's not going to Texas. Mainly because of what is expected of that job off the field. Strong HATES dealing with the media. And that's saying a lot in Louisville, considering he's a distant second on the media's radar after Pitino in this city. Also, most of his ties are in Florida. Most people expect that if the Florida job opens up, its his.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla

:comeon: I don't know what you are talking about, but Austin is racist and so are some of the movers of shakers of the Texas empire. I graduated from Texas and lived there for 6 years. Austin is easily one of the most segregated cities in America. East Austin is where all the black and Hispanic people stay and its poor as shyt over there. North Austin is ok but West of I-35 is a fukkin paradise and its nothing but white folk living good there. The Austin police chief when I was there was a known racist. Police brutality was common in Austin, even though overall its a very safe city, with very few murders as people prefer to knuckle up in that city. I had a bittersweet experience when it came to Austin, but overall some good memories. I can go over racist shyt that happened when I was there but thats a whole nother thread. Austin and UT has a fake liberalism because of the young adult population that at its core is conservative racially.

As far as A&M, I know why they hired Sumlin. My cousin graduated from HS about 10 years ago and was recruited by A&M and took a visit to the campus. He liked what they had to offer but their environment is super redneck and this nikka is from the SWAT, A&M's black population has to be about 2.5% at the time and the other minority population was not that large either. When you step on an A&M campus you feel that its not a comfortable environment for most black people, Texas does not give off that vibe on the surface...it feels like a laid back Cali vibe. A&M got hip that they were losing out on some vital black recruits because of their hick environment and needed to combat that by hiring the the hottest black coach on the market. Now parents and players feel more comfortable going there with a black HC being there. White coaches at A&M were not reassuring enough for 4 or 5 star black players that had better options. My co-workers cousin is Ricky Seals-Jones and they said their family was comfortable with him going there because of the Sumlin hire, if not he probably ends up elsewhere. Now Texas, does not feel the need to get a black coach, in fact I think they prefer not to. It will be done as a last resort if all else fails.

Last edited:

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
It's more class than race really. They shyt on regular white people too

:what: My dude, class is synonymous with race in Austin...black people are not eating in that city. Black = poor therefore its about race. Unless you are a hick from Bastrop a regular white dude can make it in Austin. In fact, its a perfect city for a regular white dude which is why so many move there.

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Dog, ur IGNORING what I said. Kevin Sumlin was the Asst Head Coach at A&M previously. Why is it a huge jump to think that after he got more experience at OU and then headed at U of H, that he wouldn't be a good candidate? They already knew him. Who was even the last black asst head coach at Texas?

Charlie Strong would be a complete whiff of a hire if your first goal was Nick Saban and other names such as Fisher, Tomlin, Harbaugh have all been mentioned.

When it comes to big money situations and stuff like that, Texas/Austin is still a "good ol boy" system.

Exactly, even Oklahoma had a black head coach. Texas is a true good ole boy system. A black coach there would only happen if literately all the white ones on the list were not interested and they needed to make something happen.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Austin is more of a class city than a race one, however racism does exist there. It isn't any worse than College Station and if you have had the displeasure of ever visiting that piece of shyt town you would know that. With all that said...

Texas would have no qualms hiring a black coach. Shaw, and Strong are on the 1a list Franklin would be on the 1b list if it got to that point.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Dude on 24/7 is saying Jimbo to Texas is virtually a lock. :patrice:

Thought this was just a ploy by jimmy sexton but this makes sense to me and Fisher hasn't signed his contract ext yet so clearly he's interested.

I figured that this would be the move considering they can offer waaaaaay more than we can. Who do we go for next? Say let Pruitt take the reins. If true, can't even say I'm mad

I think Jimbo ends up staying